Nice thing for tank whm couple
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-07-31 07:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's highly likely that a lot of stuff will break after this update. They're probably going to be changing both the packets and memory.

Do we have a date for the update yet?
[+]
By Lsu101205 2015-07-31 07:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

August 5th.

Hope everyone enjoys playing vanilla for a bit!
 Asura.Rinuko
Server: Asura
user: Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-07-31 07:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to see alot of mages not going to do anyyything in-game when gs crash :<
Myself included
[+]
 Asura.Vafruvant
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-31 08:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinuko said: »
Myself included
Script macros and just use fast cast, no quick magic. Just gotta time your spells and make waits to match delay.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-31 08:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If it was only a matter of gameplay, that's no big deal to play without gearswap...but I'd have to rewrite millions of macros to play vanilla!!!
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-31 08:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
It's highly likely that a lot of stuff will break after this update. They're probably going to be changing both the packets and memory.

Do we have a date for the update yet?
:( I have other games to play I suppose!
 Asura.Rinuko
user: Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-07-31 09:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
If it was only a matter of gameplay, that's no big deal to play without gearswap...but I'd have to rewrite millions of macros to play vanilla!!!
This :<
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-07-31 09:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinuko said: »
Myself included

This, so much this. I can't function on WHM without gearswap. I'm not sure how I lived with windower macros for so long.
[+]
 Asura.Aurich
user: PogChamp
By Asura.Aurich 2015-07-31 10:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

where tf's me pell !
 Asura.Aurich
user: PogChamp
By Asura.Aurich 2015-07-31 10:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I can function just fine with my vanilla equipset macros ;)
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-07-31 13:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like I'ma have to play GTAV or Diablo3 till the fix
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-31 13:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

My game crashes if I try to launch it without windower, something about direct 3D.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-07-31 15:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
My game crashes if I try to launch it without windower, something about direct 3D.

Try installing directx8 which is included in the game discs and the official download package.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-07-31 15:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the same issue, I had read somewhere that it's something to do with Windower overriding the screen resolution settings in the FFXI config file.

You should be able to fix it by resetting the resolution settings in config manually, but I don't know if Windower will override them again or not. I haven't bothered to try it out.
By Pantafernando 2015-07-31 16:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
As a follow-up to the post from yesterday, we will also be making adjustments to beetle familiars in the August version update.

The effect of Hi-Freq Field used by the following pets will be changed.

Hurler Percival / Panzer Galahad / Beetle Familiar

Effect

• Reduced evasion effect value will change from -25% to -40.

• Accuracy will be increased.

Quote:
If we were to add an additional tier to Migawari, it will grant players immunity to damage for longer periods of time which would directly affect game balance. Due to this, we have no plans to add additional tiers of Migawari.

Quote:
We’re currently looking into making Accession work with Haste, so please wait a bit longer.

However, we have no plans to add additional AoE haste spells for players as it would reduce the effectiveness of Garuda's utility.

Quote:
We are planning to make the Ternion dagger usable by dancers.

We'll make a follow-up if we hear more information about the other requests in this thread.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-07-31 17:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

We'll make a follow-up if we hear more information about the other requests in this thread.

This was posted as a question to why Cor wasn't given a 119 dagger from Unity and they respond by saying they're adding DNC to one, so not at all useful to Cor in any way lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-31 17:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

the Accession Haste thing is pretty hawt.
[+]
 Bismarck.Marmite
Server: Bismarck
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2015-07-31 17:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Quote:

This was posted as a question to why Cor wasn't given a 119 dagger from Unity and they respond by saying they're adding DNC to one, so not at all useful to Cor in any way lol

Can't stop laughing!
By Pantafernando 2015-08-05 15:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Currently the testing team is in the midst of verifying this while they improve the environment; however, they cannot determine for sure that FFXI will operate properly. At the moment our official answer is that we do not recommend using Windows 10 for FFXI.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-07 04:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The following campaigns will be launching on Monday, August 10 at 8:00 a.m. (PDT).

Campaign Period

From Monday, August 10 at 8:00 a.m. (PDT) to Monday, August 31 at 7:59 a.m. (PDT)

Double Experience Campaign

Earn twice the usual amount of experience points from defeating monsters during this campaign.

Double Capacity Point Campaign

Earn twice the usual amount of capacity points from defeating monsters during this campaign.

Monstrosity Double Experience Campaign

Earn twice the usual amount of experience points from defeating monsters during this campaign.

Increased Seal and Crest Drop Rate Campaign

The rate at which seals and crests are dropped is increased based on the number of members in the party up to a maximum of six seals.

Additional Seal Battlefield Spoils Campaign

During this campaign, vanquishing specific monsters in the battlefields below will reward you with a variety of items, including materials needed to craft +2 empyrean equipment, Mog Bonanza kupons, Dynamis currency, and valuable synthesis materials.

Also during this campaign, Shemo in Port Jeuno (H-8) will exchange seals and crests at a reduced rate of 2:1.

Bonus Bayld Campaign

Lair, colonization, and wildskeeper reives will offer evaluation bonuses throughout their duration, doubling bayld and experience gains.
* The maximum amount of bayld and experience available from a single reive remains unchanged.

Abyssea Campaign

A blue treasure chest has been placed near Horst in Port Jeuno (H-8).
Open the chest to receive one of the following prizes.
- Atma (eleven varieties)
- Lunar Abyssite (one piece)
- 100,000 Cruor
Note: These prizes may only be claimed once.

Wildskeeper Reive Campaign

During this campaign, wildskeeper reives will undergo the following changes to make them more accessible.
- The required fame and bayld cost of the key item required to participate have been reduced.
- The respawn times for the following notorious monsters have been reduced.
Colkhab / Tchakka / Achuka / Yumcax / Hurkan / Kumhau

Alter Ego Expo

Alter egos will receive the following improvements for the duration of the campaign.
- Alter egos' Maximum HP and MP are increased by 50%.
- Alter egos have stronger resistance to status ailments.
Huzzah! 3 weeks of double CP, add to the new 70% bonus we already got from mission RoE objectives, I'm very prepared for CP farming.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-08-07 04:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks this monday so I can only enjoy 33% of this campaign. /sigh
Ah well, I'm sure there will be more of these down the line. It was the same right after RoV chapter 1 was released.
By Pantafernando 2015-08-07 17:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
What should I do if I can’t progress in Rhapsodies of Vana’diel?

What should I do if I can’t progress in Rhapsodies of Vana’diel?

==========================

If you have trouble triggering certain events in Rhapsodies of Vana’diel, it is more than likely that one or more of those characters integral to that section is currently tied up in another non-Rhapsodies story mission that you have active.

Scenario Prishe Tenzen Aphmau Lilisette Cait Sith
Spirits Awoken #2
Crashing Waves
Call to Serve #2
Numbering Days #1 #2
Inescapable Binds #1 #2
Desert Winds
Ever Forward #2
The Endless Sky
Aphmau's Light
Reunited - - #3
Take Wing - #2 #3
Prime Number - #2 #3
From the Ruins - #2 #3
Cauterize - #2 #3
Uncertain Destinations - - - #5
Ganged Up On - - - #5
Sacrifice - - - #4 #5
Somber Dreams - - - #4 #5
Of Light and Darkness - - - #4 #5
Temporary Farewells
Brushing Up
Keep On Giving
Past Imperfect
The Cursed Temple #2
Wisdom of Our Forefathers #2
Where Divinities Collide #2
Visions of Dread #2
To the Skies #2
Escha - Ru'Aun #2
The Decisive Heroine #2
Fall from Grace #2
Banishing the Darkness
Over the Rainbow #2
Cacophonous Discord #2
Eddies of Despair
Pretender to the Throne
Banished
Call of the Void #2
Both Paths Taken
The Man Behind the Mask
Uncertain Futures

#1: Prishe

Prishe will not be available if you are currently undertaking one of the following Chains of Promathia missions.

The Rites of Life / Below the Arks / The Mothercrystals / An Invitation West /
The Lost City / Distant Beliefs / An Eternal Melody / Ancient Vows / Darkness Named* /
Slanderous Utterings* / Desire of Emptiness / Three Forks* / For Whom the Verse is Sung /
A Place to Return / More Questions than Answers* / One to be Feared / The Warrior's Path /
Garden of Antiquity / When Angels Fall / Dawn

* The Three Forks, Prishe will temporarily become available by progressing from Where Messengers Gather to Head Wind.
* In Darkness Named, Prishe will become temporarily available after vanquishing Diabolos.
* In Slanderous Utterings, Prishe will become unavailable after departing from Tavnazia by ship.
* In More Questions than Answers, Prishe becomes available after reuniting with her.
* In Dawn, Prishe is unavailable until viewing the cutscene for The Chains Fall Free in Lufaise Meadows.

#2: Tenzen

Tenzen will not be available if you are currently undertaking one of the following Chains of Promathia missions.

Desire of Emptiness / The Warrior’s Path / Garden of Antiquity / When Angels Fall / Dawn

* In Dawn, Tenzen is unavailable until viewing the cutscene for The Chains Fall Free in Lufaise Meadows.

#3: Aphmau

Aphmau will not be available if you are currently undertaking one of the following Treasures of Aht Urhgan missions.

Land of Sacred Serpents / Immortal Sentries / President Salaheem / Knight of Gold /
Confessions of Royalty / Easterly Winds / Westerly Winds / A Mercenary Life / Undersea Scouting /
Astral Waves / Imperial Schemes / Sweets for the Soul / Teahouse Tumult / Finders Keepers /
Seal of the Serpent / Misplaced Nobility / Bastion of Knowledge / Puppet in Peril / Prevalence of Pirates /
Shades of Vengeance / In the Blood / Sentinels’ Honor / Testing the Waters / Legacy of the Lost /
Gaze of the Saboteur / Path of Blood / Stirrings of War / Allied Rumblings / Unraveling Reason /
Light of Judgment / Path of Darkness / Fangs of the Lion / Nashmeira’s Plea / Ragnarok / Imperial Coronation

#4: Lilisette

Lilisette will not be available if you are currently undertaking one of the following Wings of the Goddess missions.

Cavernous Maws / Back to the Beginning / Cait Sith / The Queen of the Dance / While the Cat is Away /
On Thin Ice / Proof of Valor / A Sanguinary Prelude / Dungeons and Dancers / Distorter of Time /
The Will of the World / Adieu, Lilisette / By the Fading Light / Edge of Existence / Her Memories /
Forget Me Not / Pillar of Hope / Glimmer of Life / Time slips Away / When Wills Collide / Whispers of Dawn /
Where it All Began / A Token of Troth / Lest We Forget*

* Lilisette will become available once the player has accepted the quest A Forbidden Reunion and reunited with her.

#5: Cait Sith

Cait Sith will not be available if you are currently undertaking one of the following Wings of the Goddess missions.

Cavernous Maws / Back to the Beginning / Where it All Began / A Token of Troth / Lest We Forget*

* Cait Sith will become available once the player has accepted the quest Champion of the Dawn.
By Pantafernando 2015-08-07 17:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Thanks for your continued feedback and patience on this subject.

In regards to the various Notorious Monster trigger items, we’re considering a change that would make it possible to deliver these items between characters on the same account. It’s possible that this will be difficult to implement for all items at the same time, so we’re thinking of gradually adding this feature to each trigger item.
By Pantafernando 2015-08-11 15:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
As I mentioned in my previous post, the development team has been looking into adjustments for coalitions, and they are planning to make the following adjustments in the next version update.

• It will become harder for coalitions to rank down.

• It will become easier for coalitions to rank up.

• Modifications will be made to the rewards associated with coalitions.

After these adjustments, we'll observe the outcome and plan further adjustments for November's version update if they are necessary.

These adjustments have been planned with the long term in mind, so please be patient while we finalize everything.
By Pantafernando 2015-08-11 15:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
In thanks for your dedicated service to the world of Vana'diel, we will be giving special in-game gifts to those with an active PlayOnline/FINAL FANTASY XI subscription via a SQUARE ENIX account during the period of Monday, June 1, 2015, to Friday, July 31.
* Monday, August 3: details regarding Mog Pells (Red) and Mog Pells (Green) have been added.
* Tuesday, August 11: details regarding the distribution schedule on Mog Pells (Red) has been added.

Read on for details.
By Pantafernando 2015-08-11 15:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Check it out the mini manga, return home campaign and FFXI SoA or Ultimate Seekers with crazy discounts.

EDIT: and server transfer discount.

Quote:
The Goddess's Gala Website Has Been Updated! (08/11/2015)

A treasure trove of information on new events and celebrations related to the Goddess's Gala has just been added to the eponymous website. Enjoy poring over the following:

- Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign
- Online manga Aloha Iroha
- Campaign calendar
- Commemorative illustrations

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/vanaproj/index.html
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-08-12 17:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Freshly Picked Vana'diel 20 Digest

Greetings,

To coincide with the August version update, Producer Akihiko Matsui held another "Freshly Picked Vana'diel" to go over some of the new content and discuss other topics pertinent to adventuring. The following is a digest of what was discussed.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/48119-Freshly-Picked-Vana-diel-20-Digest

Quote:
Hello, everyone.
Matsui here.

Thanks for tuning into Freshly Picked Vana’diel 20.
For those of you who were unable to watch the stream, I’ve created this digest of what was discussed.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Table of Contents

Rhapsodies of Vana’diel Chapter 2

Escha – Ru’Aun

Seekers of Adoulin Quest

Unity Concord

Mog Tablet Adjustments

Domain Invasion

Geas Fete Additions

Sinister Reign

Existing Content Adjustments

Trust Initiative

Merit Point Adjustments

Job Point Adjustments

Job Adjustments

New Abjurations and Cursed Gear

Vendor NPC Adjustments

Quality-of-Life Adjustments 1

Quality-of-Life Adjustments 2

Quality-of-Life Adjustments 3

On-going Events

Conclusion
By Pantafernando 2015-08-12 17:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
That's correct; it also applies to Temper II as well. (that the effects scales with the enhancing magic skill of caster)

Quote:
We’re looking into allowing players to have all three Chebukki siblings. As for them using Meteor in combat, the development team will try their best to deliver upon this request; however, there are several technical hurdles that need to be investigated first.

Quote:
Hello, everyone!

Previously I mentioned that we were looking into a system that would allow you to earn items by collecting key items, and the development team has made some headway creating this, so I would like to share what’s on the horizon.

Based on feedback, we're looking into a system where you can select from two possible options after collecting five key items and talking to an NPC.
(*When exchanging for an item, the key item will be lost.)

• Option 1
    You can exchange key items for a specific material item or non-Tartarus equipment item of your choice.

• Option 2
    You can exchange key items to randomly be rewarded with a material item or equipment item, which includes Tartarus equipment.
    (*The rate of obtaining Tartarus equipment is low.)

Quote:
As a couple of people have already mentioned in this thread, this means you will be able to view all cutscenes from Chains of Promathia without clearing the story.
By Pantafernando 2015-08-13 16:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I'd like to share information regarding the upgraded abjuration gear.

Each set of new abjuration gear has an equipment set bonus effect. The effect will take place when equipping 2 or more pieces of the same set of gear, and can be maximized by equipping the full set. Please use the following as reference when selecting your gear.
*Combination effects will only take effect with HQ gear.

Equipment Name Combination Effect 2 Pieces 3 Pieces 4 Pieces 5 Pieces
Lustratio Gear Weapon Skill Damage + 4 6 8 10
Souveran Gear Damage taken - 4 6 8 10
Argosy Gear Double Attack Rate + 4 6 8 10
Rao Gear Augments "Martial Arts” 8 12 16 20
Carmine Gear Accuracy + 20 30 40 50
Apogee Gear Avatar's Blood Pact Damage + 4 6 8 10
Emicho Gear Double Attack Rate + 4 6 8 10
Ryuo Gear Attack + 20 30 40 50
Adhemar Gear Critical Hit Rate + 4 6 8 10
Amalric Gear Magic Attack + 20 30 40 50
Kaykaus Gear "Cure" Potency II + 4 6 8 10