users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 160 161 162 ... 201 202 203
By clearlyamule 2017-07-27 16:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
reisen gear from dragons for a week....
Doesn't say anything about that. Just the no adds and no flying for domain invasion and those are for the whole time. Nice for vorseals though and maybe some beads I guess
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2017-07-27 18:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Why in the ever loving hell is the CP campaign always the short campaign instead of the long one?

So irritating...
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-07-27 18:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Geas Fete Campaign - PLUS!
Reisenjima Geas Fete Equipment Campaign
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-07-27 20:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I figured since they specified "Domain Invasion Campaign" and "Domain Invasion Anti-Predator Campaign" separately, that the first was the gear one, and the 2nd was the no-fly, no-adds.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-07-27 20:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The gear one is "Domain Invasion Treasure Coffer Campaign". The no fly and no adds are two separate campaigns. If I recall they were introduced on different months.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-27 22:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
Why in the ever loving hell is the CP campaign always the short campaign instead of the long one?

So irritating...

This is why we've switched to higher yield camps and only bring people we know can handle them. There are two or three other places that yield extremely high CP outside of the campaign, in fact during campaign you don't get nearly as much of a bonus because you hit 65K cap so damn early.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2017-07-28 00:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
The gear one is "Domain Invasion Treasure Coffer Campaign". The no fly and no adds are two separate campaigns. If I recall they were introduced on different months.
Darn. I was hoping that the ultimate lag fest would return.
 Shiva.Kohh
user: Kohh
By Shiva.Kohh 2017-07-28 03:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

May i ask which camps you speak of? lol
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-28 03:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kohh said: »
You may ask just fine, but we may not answer you though! xD
By Ruaumoko 2017-07-28 08:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's just say Apex Draugr are going to be very popular if the MNK buff is big.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-07-28 08:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

All the cool kids CP at M-10 in South Gustaberg.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-07-28 09:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »

Yep, might be a good place to go to find any bandwagoners~ As we all know the serious MNKs are already M*A*S*T*E*R!

If it is really good, maybe there will be shouts for MNKs to help other jobs get CP... That would be straight up kooky dooks.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-28 09:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kohh said: »

Frogs / Jagils in Woh Gates are a good start

Bats at the back of Outer Raz are better

Pox Hounds in Inner Raz are amazing. Could also do the DRK bones if H2H is viable, or the Gargoyles.
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2017-07-28 09:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

**pre-patents the term "handwagoners" before the upcoming update**
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-28 14:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Ruaumoko said: »

Yep, might be a good place to go to find any bandwagoners~ As we all know the serious MNKs are already M*A*S*T*E*R!

If it is really good, maybe there will be shouts for MNKs to help other jobs get CP... That would be straight up kooky dooks.

Not master yet! I have been soloing all my JP, during free time. Though its pretty dang close now now.
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2017-07-28 14:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
**pre-patents the term "handwagoners" before the upcoming update**

I think it's trademark, not patents. Also get Article 15 for non-contestability to prevent people from stealing it.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-07-28 19:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

For the record....I will PISS MAH PANTS LAUGHING if the buff is to enhance Boost.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-07-28 19:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

How hard would you laugh if said buff to boost alone was enough to make monk good again?
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-07-28 19:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
How hard would you laugh if said buff to boost alone was enough to make monk good again?

Not hard at all, since they seem to think JA's are the problem.
By clearlyamule 2017-07-28 21:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It would literally take bringing it to fluorescence or fantod (mob version not blu) levels or at least close to do that. I bet the odds of that are less than .01% and that it would definitely somehow apply to blu making them super OP lol
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-07-28 21:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The last time I saw Boost used as part of a strategy was in 2007-8 against Dyna Lord old school with massive shells, the MNKs doing some crazy max number Boost to Chi Blast on pull lol. Let's leave it there because there ain't NO WAY improving /jas is gonna help that job. Piss poor WSs compared to current meta options and a job that seemingly (I say seemingly because I do not play MNK, I'm merely curious as to the WHY it sucked lol) gets weaker with job points (or at the least, hindered by the gifts given through them) needs almost a complete rethink.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-07-29 00:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Improving JAs could certainly fix the job if they were willing to go far enough with the changes.

For example, if Impetus never wore off, never got canceled, was undispellable, and when capped it gave all damage dealt +100%, that would go pretty damn far on its own

Matsui says they're significantly revamping MNK JA, meaning that they're going further than just boosting their values somewhat and calling it a day. I don't know what they're doing, and I'm skeptical that they'll buff Monk enough, but it's not impossible that it could catch up with just JA adjustments.

They're also adjusting damage and delay on some weapons, so if they're significantly buffing H2H weapons, that would also help, even if it wouldn't make a huge difference on its own own without doubling or tripling their DMG or something.
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2017-07-29 02:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Boost will be 5sec and gives 9000% increase in WSD.

Impetus will be 5min with 5min cool down.

Footwork will be 5min and gives 50 Store TP and kick attack +50%

Chakra will be 5 sec cool down and AOE

Counterstance counters will give TP and will no longer reduce DEF.

I think that will fix MNK plenty.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-29 02:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

allow 2 - h2h to be equipped, treat them as 1h weapons, each hand being diff, and combine stats.
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2017-07-29 03:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

boost permanently increases attack power by X amount, and never goes away, ever. aka, 100 mnks sitting outside adoulin using boost scripts, til they can oneshot warder of courage/pande warden
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-07-29 08:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't be surprised if the current relationship between boost and chi-blast is completely removed.

Chi should just be a pulling tool/means to apply penance and as such should have its recast reduced to ~2mins.

Boost itself should probably solely affect h2h ws-damage, with the number of times it can be stacked/its potency being relative to h2h skill or job-level. Basically so it only gets really strong end-game.

Impetus/counterstance should have a hasso/seigan type relationship with their downsides eliminated/reduced in order to support one or the other being available to be active full-time.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-07-29 11:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

...you're speaking like /jas save jobs.

/jas for most, if not all, other jobs give those jobs flexibility. RNG Velocity shot, a stance to switch to when you're not meleeing. WAR Beserk/Defender- two differing stances with pros and cons both. SAM Hasso/Seigan- same concept. SCH Light Arts/Dark Arts- the magical equivalent.

Now you want to modify MNK /jas so you essentially have to ride them to make the job viable. That shouldn't be the case, and if a job requires you to ride one /ja, doesn't that just smack of the job is inept without said /ja? Or at the least, designed in an inferior fashion.

I must say, I do miss the FFIV Yang model of MNK, where each hand could have a different weapon with different attributes. Start throwing some -status effects or enspell type damage to H2H weapons, and allow each hand to proc independently. Have Kick Attacks be a pure footwork stance that works like Camouflage, forcing higher crit rates is an idea I've mulled over...would then allow the stacking of +crit rate/damage gear with footwork/kick attacks gear. Again, these are just theoretical musings from someone who doesn't play MNK, but is curious how such a dominant job for 2/3 of FFXI's history fell into the dearth of job purgatory. Several grains of salt required.
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Server: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2017-07-29 12:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/52949-Announcing-the-August-Version-Update?p=598932#post598932

Interested in the dev post from yesterday. How they described the Monk changes with the words "greatly revamped". It sounds like they reworked them entirely versus just a boost of what they already do.
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2017-07-29 12:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
...you're speaking like /jas save jobs.

/jas for most, if not all, other jobs give those jobs flexibility. RNG Velocity shot, a stance to switch to when you're not meleeing. WAR Beserk/Defender- two differing stances with pros and cons both. SAM Hasso/Seigan- same concept. SCH Light Arts/Dark Arts- the magical equivalent.

Now you want to modify MNK /jas so you essentially have to ride them to make the job viable. That shouldn't be the case, and if a job requires you to ride one /ja, doesn't that just smack of the job is inept without said /ja? Or at the least, designed in an inferior fashion.

I must say, I do miss the FFIV Yang model of MNK, where each hand could have a different weapon with different attributes. Start throwing some -status effects or enspell type damage to H2H weapons, and allow each hand to proc independently. Have Kick Attacks be a pure footwork stance that works like Camouflage, forcing higher crit rates is an idea I've mulled over...would then allow the stacking of +crit rate/damage gear with footwork/kick attacks gear. Again, these are just theoretical musings from someone who doesn't play MNK, but is curious how such a dominant job for 2/3 of FFXI's history fell into the dearth of job purgatory. Several grains of salt required.

I don't know... I mean what else is left for Sam without Hasso and Meditate? Sure it's still WS-ing but it would be drastically weaker. It's one of the reason you don't see a lot of 1H /Sam peeps running around.

JA upgrades with enough beef can surely turns things around. While changes to the fundamentals would help a lot but simple JA upgrades can go far if you buff them enough.

Boost with WSD is easy then extend most of the Mnk JA timers as well as their power. For example, Focus with a 1min cool down and 5min gives +50 Store TP would put Mnk into a fairly decent slot along with WSD upgrade from Boost. A simple way to enhance Mantra and Chakra to whole party to replace Cures can surely make Mnk a very viable frontline sub-tank/sub-healer.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-07-29 12:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
A simple way to enhance Mantra and Chakra to whole party to replace Cures can surely make Mnk a very viable frontline sub-tank/sub-healer.

Now THIS is something I can get behind. Hell, even tie it to a specific piece of JSE gear that makes Mantra/Chakra AoE instead of single target if you must, but this would be something new and viable.
First Page 2 3 ... 160 161 162 ... 201 202 203