Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 158 159 160 ... 201 202 203
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-06-30 22:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The VW battles in Provenance don't even have alignment values, and the rewards are completely random.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2017-06-30 22:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lennart said: »
Odin.Geriond said: »
The VW battles in Provenance don't even have alignment values, and the rewards are completely random.
You think a dmc119 could solo the whole zone? And if no lights are present, are all key item drops 100%?
The mobs still have some annoying moves so might have a hard time without displacers. If you care about PW itself you might have a rough time on that. KIs definitely not 100%
By clearlyamule 2017-06-30 23:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
I don't think you need lights for those?
You don't "need" lights for any of it. But because of the nature of provenance they do different things. KIs if they drop are done upon monster death so white light will help with that.

Drops however are obtained after completely exiting the battle from the spot you click so lights are no longer in effect. I believe SE said something along the lines of to compensate for not being able to increase droprate with lights they increased base... which might be true but they still seem worse than getting good lights so meh.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-01 00:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

They should have just kept in the RUN card glitch. Would have solved the exchange rate problem for cards.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-01 03:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

LennartHK said: »
clearlyamule said: »
Bismarck.Lennart said: »
Odin.Geriond said: »
You think a dmc119 could solo the whole zone? And if no lights are present, are all key item drops 100%?
The mobs still have some annoying moves so might have a hard time without displacers. If you care about PW itself you might have a rough time on that. KIs definitely not 100%
I can do displacers if needed on them all no problem, I just want all the key items and clears so I can be done with it.
I've done the three radiances on a ***-equipped DNC and 5 trusts with no problems (using Displacers).

Provenance Watcher instead I've never managed to solo even with 5 Displacers =/
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-01 03:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm surprised people aren't getting burned out already from Omen, considering for many of us there's hardly many other things to be doing in game atm.

That's because you use the same people on the same jobs using the same strategy on every single boss fight without mixing it up.
Wut? No way! Who told you that? :( We always rotate jobs.
I've been using BRD until I got done then buh-bye BRD, then GEO until I got done and buh-bye GEO. Lately I'm on RDM, seldom SMN and tipically SCH if we're doing Kei.

Other people been rotating lots of jobs as well, we swap jobs and roles quite a lot! Granted the strats we use are probably kinda always similar, but we're rarely stuck on the same jobs.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2017-07-03 03:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
15th Vana'versary Records of Eminence Objectives Part One (07/03/2017)

We're pleased to announce a new set of Records of Eminence objectives brimming with anniversary spirit!

The overarching theme of these objectives is nostalgia—the team will add multiple objectives spread over five different version updates, with each objective hearkening back to memories of Vana'diel that we hope many of you have shared over the years.

The first set of objectives revolves around the three nations and the game's original release, so adventurers who have been with us from the very beginning will likely recognize some of the events to which these objectives are referring. Even if you didn't play FINAL FANTASY XI in its first few years, we hope you take the time to experience a little slice of what Vana'diel was like back in the early 2000s.

Event period
From the version update on Wednesday, July 5, 2017, to the version update in May 2018.

Objective
15th Vana'versary Records of Eminence objectives can be set from the Records of Eminence menu after completion of the objective First Step Forward.
Those quests marked as "(Weekly)" may only be completed once per week, and reset when Conquest points are tallied.

Receiving the respective key items requires completion of the objectives displayed at the very top. These objectives will yield different rewards and become weekly objectives after they have been completed for the first time.

15th Vana'versary objectives will remain available after the May 2018 version update, but their rewards will change and you will no longer be able to obtain dial keys #ANV.

Setting the Objectives
1. Select the objective list from the Quests menu.

2. Select "Vana'versary" from the list of categories.

3. Select "15th Vana'versary I." Note that future objectives will have additional subcategories.

4. Set the objective of your choice.

Rewards
Completing an objective will yield certain rewards.

- Dial Key #ANV
These keys may be used to open the Gobbie Mystery Box anniversary dial by speaking with NPCs in the following locations.

Mystrix in Southern San d'Oria (L-7) / Habitox in Port San d'Oria (I-10) / Bountibox in Bastok Mines (K-9) / Specilox in Bastok Markets (I-7) / Arbitrix in Windurst Walls (C-14) / Funtrox in Windurst Woods (G-7) / Priztrix in Upper Jeuno (I-10) / Sweepstox in Lower Jeuno (I-6) / Wondrix in Aht Urhgan Whitegate (F-11) / Rewardox in Western Adoulin (H-10) / Winrix in Eastern Adoulin (G-10)

The anniversary dial may occasionally yield items and equipment not ordinarily found in the special dial.
* You may open the anniversary dial even after the May 2018 version update as long as you possess a dial key #ANV.

- Ancient Melody
This key item has no particular use at the moment, but might have something special associated with it when combined with other key items to be added in future version updates.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-03 07:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
- Ancient Melody
This key item has no particular use at the moment, but might have something special associated with it when combined with other key items to be added in future version updates.
In other words, keep subscribing to FFXI for a year, and complete these RoE. At the end of the event, we may throw in a special prize, like your very own Ridill!
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-07-03 07:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Quote:
- Ancient Melody
In other words, keep subscribing to FFXI for a year, and complete these RoE. At the end of the event, we may throw in a special prize, like your very own Ridill!

I mean, FFXIV does the same ***.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-07-03 07:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Quote:
- Ancient Melody

I mean, FFXIV does the same ***.

I wouldn't mind getting one of these:

It had to be done!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2017-07-03 08:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

u wot m8
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-07-03 10:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of curious how they are going to make it like the first few years. Make you go back thru the nation quests with old level caps, can't use any post zilart jobs and take away fast transportation?
 Lakshmi.Kyera
user: Celina
By Lakshmi.Kyera 2017-07-03 10:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I am assuming stuff like Garrison, Expeditionary Force, Ballista etc.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2017-07-03 10:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm taking the people from the beginning will recognize too literally. If it's just old stuff meh. Yay stuff I still saw being done/did after Toau came out

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-07-03 11:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

SE Learns Letdownaga V
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-03 12:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of curious how they are going to make it like the first few years. Make you go back thru the nation quests with old level caps, can't use any post zilart jobs and take away fast transportation?

NEW ROE OBJECTIVES:
1. Change to the Dragoon job, and look for party for 12 hours without gaining a single invite
2. Spend roughly 8 hours farming silk thread, saruta cotton, boyahda moss and tree cuttings just to buy a haubergeon
2b. Repeat process for Scorpion Harness
2c. If you do this for Byrnie, you really have no life.
3. Farm a blitz ring, and sell it back to a vendor for 2k, because you don't know what "Haste +1%" means
4. Camp spook for his shitty legs drop
5. Make it from Bastok/Sandy/Windy without dying, without meds or chocobo, at level 18 with no speed enhancements.
6. Make a party for "Up In Arms" BCNM and forget to set quartermaster.
7. Level to 18 and get a sub job, but don't level it. Then join a Qufim party
8. Spend several hours camping Leaping Lizzy, only to have a passerby claim it because thf didn't have widescan.
9. Tele-*** in town to fund the remainder of your scroll purchases for your main
10. Get lost in Yhaotor Jungle after a mandy/smithy party disbandeds unexpectedly (you're dead running home btw).
****BONUS ROE**** MPK a party in one of the following zones: Korroloka Tunnel, Qufim Island, Yuhtunga Jungle, Valkurm Dunes
Should be awesome!
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-07-03 13:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking forward to the objective "level sync to 55 and obtain 12 coffer keys from Beadeaux."
By Notyourfather 2017-07-03 14:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

NEW ROE OBJECTIVES:
1. Change to the Dragoon job, and look for party for 12 hours without gaining a single invite
2. Spend roughly 8 hours farming silk thread, saruta cotton, boyahda moss and tree cuttings just to buy a haubergeon
3. Farm a blitz ring, and sell it back to a vendor for 2k, because you don't know what "Haste +1%" means
5. Make it from Bastok/Sandy/Windy without dying, without meds or chocobo, at level 18 with no speed enhancements.
8. Spend several hours camping Leaping Lizzy, only to have a passerby claim it because thf didn't have widescan.
9. Tele-*** in town to fund the remainder of your scroll purchases for your main
10. Get lost in Yhaotor Jungle after a mandy/smithy party disbandeds unexpectedly (you're dead running home btw).
****BONUS ROE**** MPK a party in one of the following zones: Korroloka Tunnel, Qufim Island, Yuhtunga Jungle, Valkurm Dunes
Should be awesome!

You forgot go to Dunes at level 10 have no white mage die. Not be able to get back to Dunes !
[+]
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2017-07-03 14:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

11. get at least 10 blind invites on brd .
[+]
By Vijara 2017-07-03 15:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be awesome!

How'd you leave Crawler's Nest off that list? Knight Crawlers at the entrance = hours of entertainment.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-07-03 15:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

12. Conflict: The Boyahda Tree: Inadvertently pull Aquarius while exping on Robber Crabs.

13. Spoils: Labyrinth of Onzozo: Obtain an Octave Club from the Notorious Monster Lord of Onzozo.

14. Subjugation: Defeat Tiamat, Jormungand and Vrtra to obtain their respective titles.

15. "Promyvion Cartographer": Obtain the map from each Promyvion zone.

16. "Curing Capitalist": As a White Mage, charge at least 1 player an undetermined amount of gil to Raise them from KO status.

17. "Jungle Journeyman": Navigate from Kazham to Norg without utilizing the map feature.

18. "Frequent Flier": Complete any Airship quest 1000 times.

19. "Make Monk Great Again": Complete all requisite quests necessary in order to obtain the Black Belt.

20. "Maat Re-Masher": Defeat Maat on each original job 100 times.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-07-03 16:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

21. "Coffer Key Capers" Build a coffer key farming party and be the last the obtain a coffer key.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2017-07-03 17:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Notyourfather said: »

NEW ROE OBJECTIVES:
Should be awesome!

You forgot go to Dunes at level 10 have no white mage die. Not be able to get back to Dunes !
Asura.Avallon said: »
12. Conflict: The Boyahda Tree: Inadvertently pull Aquarius while exping on Robber Crabs.

13. Spoils: Labyrinth of Onzozo: Obtain an Octave Club from the Notorious Monster Lord of Onzozo.

14. Subjugation: Defeat Tiamat, Jormungand and Vrtra to obtain their respective titles.

15. "Promyvion Cartographer": Obtain the map from each Promyvion zone.

16. "Curing Capitalist": As a White Mage, charge at least 1 player an undetermined amount of gil to Raise them from KO status.

17. "Jungle Journeyman": Navigate from Kazham to Norg without utilizing the map feature.

18. "Frequent Flier": Complete any Airship quest 1000 times.

19. "Make Monk Great Again": Complete all requisite quests necessary in order to obtain the Black Belt.

20. "Maat Re-Masher": Defeat Maat on each original job 100 times.

LOL ><

Fun fun fun..............

this actually sounds like what will happen knowing SEI Sick Sense of humor................

Let's hope we all wrong, but I forsee B.S. Comming our way, not in small waves but in a massive Tsunami.

Ty for the laugh tho :)
Those objectives did make me laugh ^^/
First Page 2 3 ... 158 159 160 ... 201 202 203