Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 156 157 158 ... 201 202 203
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2017-06-29 06:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

is the let's go vanadiel day thing replacing campaigns ?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-29 06:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Ark Angel TT maybe?
That's already released. Only HM is left.

TT was the last trust they released. It sucks, it sleepgas everything.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-29 07:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I meant HM sorry
By Vijara 2017-06-29 07:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the new trust is going to be Ygnas. Just because the continuation of the SoA questline and it would make sense that he would be the reward for doing his whole story line. I personally hope he's an OP WHM trust so it really makes the whole thing worth doing.

We'll see though. There's a good chance it'll be AA HM too.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-29 07:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If you summon all five they form together into giant robot with a super sword.
[+]
By sabrtooth 2017-06-29 07:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

That go by the name kam'lanaut lol
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-29 08:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Vijara said: »
I think the new trust is going to be Ygnas. Just because the continuation of the SoA questline and it would make sense that he would be the reward for doing his whole story line. I personally hope he's an OP WHM trust so it really makes the whole thing worth doing.

We'll see though. There's a good chance it'll be AA HM too.
Didn't they recently mentioned in a JP post that Nyarlko translated on BG forum that they were going to add:

1) A new healer trust
2) A new "temporary" trust with two auras that would've been decided by player contest (I participated in that contest myself, not sure bout the rest of you guys)

Supposing the translation was correct we might get more than one trust in the next months, and I'm pretty confident Ygnas will be one of them for sure.
Would make sense for him to be a Healer I guess.
Getting another non-unity good WHM would mean being able to go to Sylvie Unit! Yai!
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-29 10:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Two things I still wonder about july's upcoming patch:

1) Is it just me or their wording about the new Adoulin quest is a bit vague? Maybe it's because I'm not english ML but I can't understand if they mean that this patch will have the finale, or will just have another quest leading to the finale (which will be next, soon in the future)

2) I notice the new addition in the porter slips. Of course this could and will likely be for seasonal items or quest items etc but... could it be from Ambuscade +2 pieces? The remaining 5 sets? Would be a nice way to please the user base after a patch (the june one) with practically zero new items. Having another one with nothing to offer could be felt as too... disappointing? So releasing the +2 versions of the 5 remaining Ambu sets might be a nice way to soothe our spirits for a little while?
By Faero 2017-06-29 12:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Is it just me or their wording about the new Adoulin quest is a bit vague?

Not just you. I had the same question. I think it's the conclusion, and I think the trust being added is probably Ygnas through the quests, but it was quite oddly phrased.

Also, iirc they said the aura trust we all gave suggestions for would be introduced in September, so I think this time it's either Ygnas Whm, or AAHM to round out the quintet.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-06-29 12:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
They are holding back any major updates to coincide with the release of the new expansion expected in November.

Expansion to the far east, new jobs chemist and time mage.

At this point I wouldn't put it past SE. They have virtually no consistency with how they announce and release things. A low budget expansion with 5 recycled reskinned zones isn't out of the question. It seems to be the way to do things nowadays anyways.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-06-29 14:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd pay 10-15 dollars for an SoA2 expansion that concludes the way it was supposed to.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-06-29 14:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people would gladly pay even up to 200 or more dollars just to see this whole game port to Direct X12 engine and completely revamp graphics and reinforce their pledge to release large expansions / jobs regularly...

SE just doesn't get it.. They only see their own strategy first which is beating the dead horse that is FFXIV.... I'm sorry SE, that SAM is suffering in your "new" game....
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-06-29 15:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

They had announced and released a new user interface almost two years ago in a beta stage that never went live. You could actually choose the option to view the new ui from the config utility. Amazing how that plan went directly to the trash bin
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-06-29 15:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They had announced and released a new user interface almost two years ago in a beta stage that never went live. You could actually choose the option to view the new ui from the config utility. Amazing how that plan went directly to the trash bin

There have been some interesting ideas put out over the years, but whether or not the implementation of them would have been a good idea remains to be seen.

Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2017-06-29 16:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Omg I actually like the UI of the bottom screenshot.

Ugh.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-06-29 18:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Avallon which user interface is that on the bottom screenshot? Is that the official SE beta version?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-06-29 18:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Avallon which user interface is that on the bottom screenshot? Is that the official SE beta version?

Nah I don't think it's official despite how nice it looks. I think a talented player was developing what he would have liked to see as an updated UI, but obviously nothing was official.

I found another one he made (presumably).

By Blazed1979 2017-06-29 20:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »
I'm sorry that SAM is suffering in your "new" game SE....
I haven't followed anything about XIV since I cleared the first set of Alexander floors 2 years ago? I quit shortly after.
Please tell me Stormblood is failing.
Please tell me XIV is on its last leg!
Maybe SE will learn to keep its loyalist happy instead of trying to acquire WoW kiddies.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-29 20:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Please tell me XIV is on its last leg!

FFXIV is making more money then FFXI is.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-29 20:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Its funny eh blaze? If they had kept up on xi imagine how things could have been? A proper seekers ending/endgame, obviously higher player base, more jobs/spells/abilities and tactics/strategies. Hell, if I'm not mistaken, I read somewhere that job points even go to 3000 in the dats, and we've seen them add things (su3) into them as an edit even.

Maybe mnk wouldn't be dead!
Maybe 1-99 +pre119 wouldn't be a wasteland!

I still hope that they go back to some of the old storylines/quests and do more with them like the ygnas ones. Like who arcielas father really is and where did he go/how he got there? More wotg/relic/mythic story.(or even adding some form of story to emps....) the wotg xpac alone has a ton of unused potential
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2017-06-29 20:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »

Nah I don't think it's official despite how nice it looks. I think a talented player was developing what he would have liked to see as an updated UI, but obviously nothing was official.

I was recently trying to find old screenshots the Windower team posted of design ideas a reworked UI years ago. Anyone know where to dig them up?
By SpoonfulOfChris 2017-06-29 21:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

They're on the official forums.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-06-29 22:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I see. Probably a silly question, but is the current UI editable in any way? From the player side I mean. I was thinking in a similar way dats can be modified and replaced.

If my memory serves me, it was something that couldn't have been changed as it was (server side?). Refresh my memory on why it can't be altered, I know there was discussion about it a while ago.
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-06-29 23:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry SE, that SAM is suffering in your "new" game....
Im not sure how highest dps ceiling, by a very wide margin, is suffering.

Particularly in a game with such an emphasis on dps checks.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-06-29 23:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cherche said: »
I'm sorry SE, that SAM is suffering in your "new" game....
Im not sure how highest dps ceiling, by a very wide margin, is suffering.

Particularly in a game with such an emphasis on dps checks.

Good to hear...... But XIV is still not winning! XI all the way! ^_*
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2017-06-29 23:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I see. Probably a silly question, but is the current UI editable in any way? From the player side I mean. I was thinking in a similar way dats can be modified and replaced.

If my memory serves me, it was something that couldn't have been changed as it was (server side?). Refresh my memory on why it can't be altered, I know there was discussion about it a while ago.

Actually, this raises a kind-of interesting possibility. It's a) possible to hide the user interface, and b) windower registers keystrokes, as far as I can tell, whether XI is or not.

It would be a ton of work, but it should be more than possible for someone to write an editable/expandable UI. It'd probably look ugly as sin, but I imagine it could be done.

Damn shame I am a lazy
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2017-06-30 00:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure the Windower team was working on that idea at one point... Was what I was referencing earlier.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-30 01:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If I recall you could actually TRY the beta UI on the Test Server, when it was still up
First Page 2 3 ... 156 157 158 ... 201 202 203