First Page 2 3 ... 121 122 123 ... 201 202 203
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-19 18:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Now all SE needs to do regarding Omen KI is make this like Traverser stones, or at least Coalition Imprims (same premise, cap on number--and don't say "2"). It's just silly that you have to log in every day to get the KI (we tend to go every day but mostly because that way if someone misses, we're not sitting on a KI).
This! Pretty please, can we?
I'd be fine with 4 max storable KIs, even 3 if we wanna stretch it.

The new cards farming thing sounds nice but only if you can walk out with more than 3 cards. If the limit still is 3 cards just like on boss runs, it's kinda pointless...
I'm confident in a couple of months they *will* do something about cards farming though.
I can understand them wanting to milk this as much as possible, but I cannot see them keeping the current ratios (3 months to cap 1 job, wut?) going on forever.
It will take time, but I'm sure cards farming will speed up one way or another.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-01-19 18:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Not pointless at all even if it does give the same # of cards as a boss run. It makes card farming more accessible without having to shout or party with randos just to feel like you aren't wasting your Omen KI for the day if your static/LS doesn't get enough people on to do a full run.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-19 19:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
This! Pretty please, can we?
I'd be fine with 4 max storable KIs, even 3 if we wanna stretch it.

If they don't reduce the timer, I think it needs to build up 7 so that even if you get on once a week, you can still have a static.

As someone whose on every day, you shouldn't have to be on every day.

I don't even get why SE wants people on every day (merely for the sake of being on). If anything, it only costs them money (I'm sure it's not much, giving the low bandwidth the game chokes through).

We're not fools, we know half+ the server is afk, or just can't find the logout button.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-19 20:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
I don't even get why SE wants people on every day (merely for the sake of being on). If anything, it only costs them money (I'm sure it's not much, giving the low bandwidth the game chokes through).

I believe they said it was to reduce initial congestion from the event being released. To stop people from spamming it on the first week and then soloists from eating up all the battlefield reservations. Remember there is no real instancing on FFXI, just zones have multiple copies of the battlefield and each team gets their own copy. Since this can be an hour long event, it would be a nightmare if the entire server tried to do it at the same time. Imagine Abuscade like waiting lines but for an hour or more as a bunch of PUP's, BST's and BLU's solo cards.

They will likely implement a tag system in the near future similar to assaults and ~maybe~ reduce the timer to 16h or something similar. That will keep soloers from ruining the entire servers event while also allowing people to do multiple runs with friends a few times a week.
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-19 20:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Really?

I honestly haven't see them say anything about why the Omen KI is 20 hours. I'm grateful that's not 24 though, there's a little freedom on gather time.
By Pantafernando 2017-01-21 18:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hello, everyone.

While we understand how great it would be to have automaton skill books, it would not be so cut and dry as the other books that are available. For these books to work as they should, information needs to be taken from the automaton, which means that you would need to have your automaton out in order to use these books. This would be inconvenient as you would be unable to use them on the spot like you can with the current skill books.

Regarding food, it's actually quite difficult to apply these kind of effects to your automaton buddy.
Instead, we've implemented the Percolator attachment that allows the following: "Functionality: Increases skill gain rate." The Percolator has extremely high stats compared to food so we highly recommend using this automaton attachment.

We hope this helps and we encourage more feedback concerning this topic about our automaton friends.
By Pantafernando 2017-01-26 02:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to stock those empy seal vouchers:

Quote:
Mid-winter Battle Content Campaign (01/26/2017)

The following campaigns will be held starting on Saturday, February 11 at 12:00 a.m. (PST)

Campaign Period: Saturday, February 11 at 12:00 a.m. (PST) to Tuesday, February 28 at the same hour.

- Increased Seal and Crest Drop Rate Campaign
- Additional Seal Battlefield Spoils Campaign
- Abyssea Campaign
- Mog Gardens Campaign
- Surge Walk Campaign
- Vagary Campaign
- Monster Rearing Campaign

Read on for campaign details.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/15306/detail.html
 Asura.Madotsukii
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Madotsukii 2017-01-26 08:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
During this campaign, vanquishing specific monsters in the battlefields below will reward you with a variety of items, including materials needed to craft +2 empyrean equipment, Mog Bonanza kupons, Dynamis currency, and valuable synthesis materials.
Unsure if this has been featured in a campaign before or not, if it has been do people already know what Bonanza kupons are possible drops? I'm honestly mostly curious if it has the Cosmetic kupon >.> Otherwise if it's just kupons for empy seals/relic armor I probably won't be as interested since I have most of those.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-01-26 08:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure it'll be the same that we've seen before. These are always a good time to stock up on Phalanx and Utsemi and sell later
By hobo 2017-01-26 13:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If we could get rank 4 rewards, that would be awesome. The I-Mat kupons were great. Even getting those torques without actually coffer hunting would be worth it for some people.
By Sidiov 2017-01-26 13:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

hobo said: »
If we could get rank 4 rewards, that would be awesome. The I-Mat kupons were great. Even getting those torques without actually coffer hunting would be worth it for some people.
Pretty sure this is the same kupon drop for this event as it has been the last 2 years. Its the +1 empy upgrade kupon

*edit: and by +1 i mean the slips for level ~90 abyssea stuff
By hobo 2017-01-26 13:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well its not like those +1 kupons are bad, its just not as sweet as I hoped. We shall see when it rolls around
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2017-01-26 14:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Madotsukii said: »
Quote:
During this campaign, vanquishing specific monsters in the battlefields below will reward you with a variety of items, including materials needed to craft +2 empyrean equipment, Mog Bonanza kupons, Dynamis currency, and valuable synthesis materials.
Unsure if this has been featured in a campaign before or not, if it has been do people already know what Bonanza kupons are possible drops? I'm honestly mostly curious if it has the Cosmetic kupon >.> Otherwise if it's just kupons for empy seals/relic armor I probably won't be as interested since I have most of those.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Kupon_A-Lum
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Kupon_I-Seal
I think theres a third type in certain battlefields
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Mog_Kupon_AW-Pan
[+]
 Asura.Madotsukii
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Madotsukii 2017-01-26 15:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Dern, that's disappointing. Thanks for clarifying though!
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2017-01-26 15:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Its entirely possible they altered the Kupons available, as they've altered the NNI ??? Box loot, but the previous 4 or 5 times that Campaign bonus was active, it was those three Kupons.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-01-26 15:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to say you can also obtain these as well:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Mog_Kupon_A-DBcd
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Mog_Kupon_A-DXar
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-26 15:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

AV kupon was in some of them as well
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-26 15:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically this event is good if you just came back to the game or haven't done empy seals? Correct or?
[+]
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-26 16:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You can do the Nest of Nightmares BC in Monarch Linn for a chance at free Hexed/-1s, but otherwise yeah.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-26 16:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »
You can do the Nest of Nightmares BC in Monarch Linn for a chance at free Hexed/-1s, but otherwise yeah.
Hmmmm
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-27 03:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The next version update is scheduled for mid-February.

Enjoy a continuation of one of the Seekers of Adoulin side stories, and experience a new quest to earn synthesis-specific equipment known as "escutcheons!"

As per usual, Ambuscade will experience a facelift and Omen will witness new routes and further notorious monsters adjustments. Finally, certain enfeebling spells, songs, and geomancy colures will receive adjustments.
Another quest! I'm happy. But where have the AA quests gone?

I'm happy and concerned about the enfeebling adjustments, especially about that last part on Geomancy.
Will this turn out to be a buff to enfeebling geomancy (indi-paralyze, indi-slow, indi-poison etc) or will it turn out to be a nerf to other geomancy spells?

I also wonder if the already mentioned "Song+X" gear will appear in this patch, or further on in the future. Betting on the latter as SE probably wants to see what happens to BRD after the songs adjustments, before adding more Song+ gear?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-27 03:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Will this turn out to be a buff to enfeebling geomancy (indi-paralyze, indi-slow, indi-poison etc) or will it turn out to be a nerf to other geomancy spells?

None of the above. They are adding duration timers to the Geomancy spells and a way to know when an Indi-debuff has worn off. They put a comma between those entries and there is even Bard songs in between the enfeebling part and the geomancy part.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-01-27 03:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

None of the above. They are adding duration timers to the Geomancy spells and a way to know when an Indi-debuff has worn off. They put a comma between those entries and there is even Bard songs in between the enfeebling part and the geomancy part.
They added the duration timer last update.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-27 03:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Duration to indi-colures was added in the January patch.
I'm not sure we have to take their morpho-syntax as absolute truth, there's not always 100% correspondance to what they announce, HOW they announce it, and what it really turns out to be in the end after the patch is out =/

The way that sentence is worded out, it's about "enfeebles". I read it as enfeebling spells, enfeebling songs and enfeebling geomancy.
Furthermore, if it was just another adjustment to timers, they would've listed it as a QoL change to UI and stuff, not in a sentence where they're talking about adjustments to a specific category of spells which, to me, sounds like something else.

But then again as I said before, I think everything they say in small announcements like this has always to be taken with tongs, imho.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-01-27 09:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Sylph.Braden said: »
Hmmmm
Don't get too excited. From what I recall nqs were like 10% and hqs were 1% and that was total between all of the ones you could get. I spammed it a bunch finally got an hq and it was some Iaso piece I eventually gave up trying to sell
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-01-27 09:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Omen will witness new routes and further notorious monsters adjustments. Finally, certain enfeebling spells, songs, and geomancy colures will receive adjustments.

Well geez whiz. First the Waaaaaaaaambulance Brigade gets the Thinker nerfed simply because they can't turn fast enough or pay attention and now more Omen mobs are getting "adjusted".

Sorry folks, but if you are incapable of not WS during a TP move, gathering on the tank to share the needle damage in time, being careful how many buffs the tank has, running out of range of Fullers or preemptively casting curaga to offset Zero Hour, I don't know what to tell you.

Actually, I do know what to tell you but it's Friday and I'm in a good mood.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-27 09:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Are we getting back to the old "We all pay the same monthly fee, we all deserve the same gear!1one!" versus the "If you're not as cool as me and my friends you don't deserve to participate in X content!" argument?

I was hoping to see that useless war over, come 2017, but maybe I was just being naive.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Server: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-01-27 09:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
Quote:
Omen will witness new routes and further notorious monsters adjustments. Finally, certain enfeebling spells, songs, and geomancy colures will receive adjustments.

Well geez whiz. First the Waaaaaaaaambulance Brigade gets the Thinker nerfed simply because they can't turn fast enough or pay attention and now more Omen mobs are getting "adjusted".

Sorry folks, but if you are incapable of not WS during a TP move, gathering on the tank to share the needle damage in time, being careful how many buffs the tank has, running out of range of Fullers or preemptively casting curaga to offset Zero Hour, I don't know what to tell you.

Actually, I do know what to tell you but it's Friday and I'm in a good mood.

So you were born with this HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE is has it been just a steady decline as your life has gone on?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-01-27 09:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »
So you were born with this HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE is has it been just a steady decline as your life has gone on?
Wut
[+]
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Server: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-01-27 10:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Multiple groups have posted multiple times about wiping solely to errant multiattacks with RMEA which resolve even after you have "turned" away from Thinker at the start of readying.

If you think a run should fail because your gear doesn't suck and you get an unlucky RMEA proc then yeah, there must be something *** wrong with you.

Nobody is still wiping to WSing during Pain Sync, for *** sake.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 121 122 123 ... 201 202 203