Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 201 202 203
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2016-10-21 06:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So many but hurt people on here and OF. Just shooting themselves in the foot.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-10-21 06:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Interesting.

Job Trait Bonus II for BLU getting removed?
Smite being buffed so jobs other than DRK get more tiers of it?

Fixes to Hand-to-Hand, Scythe, Great Axe and Polearm would be fantastic. It's time they removed the Attack-% penalty on Drakesbane for one.

Also, screw fighting a Morta NM on Vol 2. I'd much rather try my hand at the Gulfurur NM on Vol 1.

Idk how you got JP gift adjustments from Job Trait adjustments.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-10-21 06:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Interesting.

Fixes to Hand-to-Hand, Scythe, Great Axe and Polearm would be fantastic. It's time they removed the Attack-% penalty on Drakesbane for one.

Also, screw fighting a Morta NM on Vol 2. I'd much rather try my hand at the Gulfurur NM on Vol 1.

Because it directly affects job traits. Literally no other gift in the game directly affects job traits in the manner that does. Would not be surprised in the slightest if at least one of those gifts got changed.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-10-21 06:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting.

Because it directly affects job traits. Literally no other gift in the game directly affects job traits in the manner that does. Would not be surprised in the slightest if at least one of those gifts got changed.
Job Trait adjustment could mean anything, like when they upped attack bonus and gave it more tiers, or when they gave several additional jobs HP bonus.

There is nothing liking job trait adjustment to the BLU Job Gift.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-10-21 07:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Asura.Kiyarasubrosa said: »
Hmm. Maybe monk is going to get fixed? Maybe we're gonna see CDC and various WS get the nerf? I honestly wouldn't mind WS seeing Rudra's Storm and CDC getting toned down and boosting up some undesired WS such as the relic WS and just overall H2H WS boosted. Incoming blue mage nerf? Interesting. I am very curious.
Rudra's needs that nerf because the last one didn't go far enough and THF and DNC are in huge demand right now.

Im all for fixing MNK WAR SAM Weaponskills for sure but nerfing other WS's is just counterproductive.

Your statement is devoid of any logic when it comes to nerfing, People are tired of hearing how pathetic these suggestions are and some even wait for the last straw to quit the game all together because of people like you wanting to "tone-down" things.

Rudra already got a nerf remember?
Fixing MNK, SAM and WAR is a priority now and I hope they do a great job with it, this will open so many possibilities for DD jobs (it already did after Smite anyway) so everyone can be happy.

Also 100% agree with Tidis.
[+]
By Treizekordero 2016-10-21 08:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm all for buffing and fixing jobs like 2handers and H2H to make them more competitive. Problem I find with nerfing is that people are more likely to jump ship and bandwagon the next best job and then a few months down the line people will be calling for more nerfs for the new bandwagon job.

Nerfs should be a last resort method at this stage of the game. If all jobs get a good noticeable buff and they still fall behind one specific job in most situations then I can see a nerf being a reasonable course of action.

It's been awhile since they made changes like this so I can't wait to see them. I hope they'll help jobs like MNK, PUP, WAR, SAM and other DDs that need a boost.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-10-21 08:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting.

Then they would state that its a JP gift adjustment not a Job trait adjustment.

Treizekordero said: »
I'm all for buffing and fixing jobs like 2handers and H2H to make them more competitive. Problem I find with nerfing is that people are more likely to jump ship and bandwagon the next best job and then a few months down the line people will be calling for more nerfs for the new bandwagon job.

Nerfs should be a last resort method at this stage of the game. If all jobs get a good noticeable buff and they still fall behind one specific job in most situations then I can see a nerf being a reasonable course of action.

It's been awhile since they made changes like this so I can't wait to see them. I hope they'll help jobs like MNK, PUP, WAR, SAM and other DDs that need a boost.

This and so much this.

Nerfing jobs will be an endless cycle and the under preforming jobs need to be buffed rather than the slightly stronger job being nerfed into oblivion.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-10-21 09:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Then they would state that its a JP gift adjustment not a Job trait adjustment.

If they wanted to be revealing. They often use vague phrasing for no good reason. I could see vague phrasing being used to delay backlash.

The Elemental Siphon adjustment had summoners split over pulling their hair out or excitement because it was so vague.
 Valefor.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-21 09:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hello, everyone!

In regards to the elemental-based enfeebling spells (and also other magic spells), the effects and power have been set to match the level in which they are learned.
Instead of upgrading the power of these lower level spells, we would opt to introduce a higher tier version; however, due to the limited space for new spells the team decided to prioritize the addition of tier VI elemental magic spells.
We believe that these spells were more desirable by a majority of players, and we appreciate your understanding on this decision.
Sorry but that's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
No other way to put it. Literally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Make the spells scale with skill more, make them scale with int more, make them scale with character level. Holy *** there's literally infinite ways to make them ACTUALLY GOOD AT LEVEL 99 IN ILVL 119.

I shouldn't have to do the work for them(which took me literally less than 10 seconds to think of btw) while these people are being paid to do it.
By Ulthakptah 2016-10-21 10:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm. Maybe monk is going to get fixed? Maybe we're gonna see CDC and various WS get the nerf? I honestly wouldn't mind WS seeing Rudra's Storm and CDC getting toned down and boosting up some undesired WS such as the relic WS and just overall H2H WS boosted. Incoming blue mage nerf? Interesting. I am very curious.
Rudra's needs that nerf because the last one didn't go far enough and THF and DNC are in huge demand right now.
More like a certain thf is having buyer's remorse about their relic and wants Mercy Stroke to be less horrible in comparison to make it seem like it wasn't a poor use of gil. No honor among thieves.
By Wolfen 2016-10-21 10:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ulthakptah said: »
More like a certain thf is having buyer's remorse about their relic and wants Mercy Stroke to be less horrible in comparison to make it seem like it wasn't a poor use of gil. No honor among thieves.
And maybe they can buff Blade: Metsu (or fix it) as well lol
 Asura.Avallon
Server: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2016-10-21 11:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Quote:
Announcing the Next Version Update (10/21/2016)

The next version update is scheduled for early November.

This mid-fall update will bring with it new foes and rewards for Ambuscade, job trait adjustments, and a change to damage calculation formulas for certain weapon types. Stay tuned for more information!

[+]
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-21 12:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

is that an aura on that Gurf

By Calinari 2016-10-21 12:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So, Yes, blu gift for traits should be what they adjust, what will they ACTUALLY adjust.... Probably resist petrify.

Adjustments for certain weapon types, scythe and h2h need that love. Spear too.

I would love to see stroke/stab/bite bumped back up. smite set back to pre nerf from 2013, ukkos set back to 2013. Embrava set back to 2013 cause why not, MG does the same exact thing and it's ok. Entropy fixed. Exenerator not suck balls. Drakes be reasonable. what will they actually do though, adjust club cause flash nova is op or some dumb ***.

Morta ambuscade though, that (should) be different than bluzerg. Gurfurlur too. I don't *think* blu will be the ONRY job for ambuscade next month. (lol no i'm lying bluzerg gurfurlur.)
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-21 13:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Wolfen said: »

Metsu is fine as is.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-10-21 13:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Calinari said: »
Morta ambuscade though, that (should) be different than bluzerg. Gurfurlur too. I don't *think* blu will be the ONRY job for ambuscade next month. (lol no i'm lying bluzerg gurfurlur.)

Sounds like a personal problem tbh. Do ambuscade month in and month out without BLU only.
By Ulthakptah 2016-10-21 13:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Wolfen said: »

Metsu is fine as is.
Kamu is what needs adjusted.
[+]
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-21 13:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Last time I played basically every relic/mythic WS sucked. They made the mythic/relic WS good by giving them like 40% damage boosts on 99 emp/relics.

That's a stupid way to balance them but uh, do they STILL suck even after those boosts WITH those weapons?

I think mythic WS should be usable and at least equal to other WS without having to have a 99 mythic. Kinda silly when something you AUTO LEARN is stronger in every situation than something you need to unlock...

I'm glad they fixed a lot of the quested WS to be good!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-21 13:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Kiaru said: »
Last time I played basically every relic/mythic WS sucked. They made the mythic/relic WS good by giving them like 40% damage boosts on 99 emp/relics.

That's a stupid way to balance them but uh, do they STILL suck even after those boosts WITH those weapons?

I think mythic WS should be usable and at least equal to other WS without having to have a 99 mythic. Kinda silly when something you AUTO LEARN is stronger in every situation than something you need to unlock...

Since it's needed for aftermath, I don't think many people notice.

With the right setup, the WSs can do some decent damage, especially from skillchains.
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-21 13:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah skillchains being good has made a lot of subpar WS a lot better. Gone are the days of spamming 1 WS! Skillchains(and magic bursts) being good makes the game a LOOOOOOT better as a whole.

Aftermaths are also a super cool concept.

I still think that mythic WS should be more usable without needing a mythic since you have to unlock the WS.

Would also be cool if you could use relic WS without owning the relic. More WS = more fuN! Maybe unlock them the say way as emp WS?(Or did they do that?)
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2016-10-21 13:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Kiaru said: »

Its 30% on mythics, 40 on relics boost of the WSs for those weapons and some are good with or without the weapon like every other WS, asking for every WS to be good at any level is kinda silly, lets spam fast blade!!!! <_<

Btw you need to check your facts straight about "nerfing" jobs really, raging about blu being OP really tells how little you know about this game, ill give you some examples:

Blu isnt the best healer, it has heals but doesnt excel on it, doesnt have the best debuffs (sure it has a good gravity yay), it can DD really well but war, drk, rng can do it really well too
my point is, why all the cries now?

Blu always had spells for self haste, debuff, heal and buff, is 1 job gift giving blu that big of an edge? i dont think so, and before nerfs you all should check jobs like MNK who's been in the shadow god knows for how long, revamp what's broken instead of *** up more things (like what happened with BST after ppl cried and cried).

Oh and if you want broken stuff, how about: unresisted geo debuffs that makes HELM fights a laugh when u spend 250m on an idris, SCH doing the job of 2 DDs all by itself or nukers MBing 99999 dmg
for nealy 0 hate, if you cant see these things as broken then you
just have a big hate thing on blu, simple and clean.

Be nice!
[+]
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-21 14:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't said a single thing about BLU in this thread.

Also obviously level up low level WS shouldn't be good, but it isn't too much to ask for all end game(especially QUESTED ones or ones that COST MERITS to obtain) to be good. If you have to put into effort for a WS, it should probably not suck.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-10-21 14:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

*Looks at profile*
Yep didn't still didn't make a Mandau, thought something crazy had happened there for a moment.
By Pantafernando 2016-10-21 14:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Feedback on Existing Bonus Campaigns

Hello, everyone!

Each month we’ve been cycling through a variety of different campaigns that focus on different content and aspects of the fun present in Vana’diel. I’d like to use this space to collect feedback on your favorite campaigns thus far, as well as which you’d like to see make a return soon.

Additionally, feel free to provide feedback for aspects you’d like to see improved for campaigns that have taken place in the past as well!

Based on the comments here, we’ll be working with the development team to determine which campaigns are implemented in the near future!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/51542-Feedback-on-Existing-Bonus-Campaigns?p=586458#post586458
By Ulthakptah 2016-10-21 14:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

*Looks at profile*
Yep didn't still didn't make a Mandau, thought something crazy had happened there for a moment.
Kiyara is the one with a Mandau. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
By Calinari 2016-10-21 15:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from all the bull, Stroke IS underpowered (all relic ws still are) they don't scale with tp, that's pretty failtastic.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2016-10-21 16:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from all the bull, Stroke IS underpowered (all relic ws still are) they don't scale with tp, that's pretty failtastic.

Also the fact that they are single hit and have a chance to miss regardless if accuracy is capped. (DRK with low HP? Cata gonna miss!)
[+]
By Afania 2016-10-21 16:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Fixing MNK, SAM and WAR is a priority now and I hope they do a great job with it, this will open so many possibilities for DD jobs (it already did after Smite anyway) so everyone can be happy.

Treizekordero said: »

Wtf, why's people asking some top DD jobs to get even more damage boost?
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-10-21 17:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Catastrophe alone is a good reason they will never let us learn relic weapon skills like we can mythic and empyrean. Catastrophe on a Liberator or even more-so a Dacnomania would be unbelievably broken.

Scourge on Lionheart would also be pretty bonkers.
By Calinari 2016-10-21 17:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Catastrophe alone is the sole reason they will never let us learn relic weapon skills like we can mythic and empyrean. Catastrophe on a Liberator or even more-so a Dacnomania would be unbelievably broken.

Except that Catastrophe has a 50/50 miss... not once "when I needed it" has cata landed lol.... constantly let down u_u;;

(The cata miss heard round the world @ urteil that's not a rarity, thats absolutely commonplace.)

And if sanguine is OK then cata is perfectly fine. so yeah. You don't get aftermath without having the weapon.
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 201 202 203