Treasure Hunter +12 From Gear..

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Treasure Hunter +12 From gear..
Treasure Hunter +12 From gear..
By KaariLaLa 2015-03-09 12:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I see people talking about TH+13 from THFs, which the 13th is from job points i believe?

I tried looking all over this place for like a gear set of all the TH.

the only ones i can figure out because there like a billion gears on all the lists, i figure i can just ask here for a quick answer.

TH+3 from Traits.
+1 From Sandung (Does the old TH Dagger Stack?)
+3 From 119 Relic
+1 From Empyrean Feet.
+1 From Gift
so that's +9 (10 if Dagger stacks) Where is the other +4 im missing at?
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-09 12:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

When you hit a MOB you get a chance for TH to Build at +1 per proc, so you start at like TH8 (as that's the max I believe from Gear bonuses) and then beat the ***to pieces till you raise to TH13.

TH increases from Sneak Attack and feint ALOT (hence the changes to Feint, maybe have a look at that), or from critical hits in general.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-09 12:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Trick attack (on trusts for example) works good too.
 Diabolos.Duilio
Server: Diabolos
user: Duilio
By Diabolos.Duilio 2015-03-09 12:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thief99 starts with TH3 doing nothing more than being level 99. To add upon that, you can gain an additional 5 levels from gear, using any combination of the gear you listed above. Going above that produces nothing. Upon attacking, you have a chance to cause an additional effect to trigger an increase a level. Without the gift unlocked, you cap at TH12 from traits, gear, and battle procs.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-09 12:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a cap on your initial treasure hunter level through traits/gear, but, as others have said, you can increase the treasure hunter effect on the target via melee hits. Any action you take directly on the mob applies the TH level you have through traits/gear and the chance to increase it further varies depending on the action and your current TH level vs the TH effect level on the target.
By KaariLaLa 2015-03-09 12:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Duilio said: »
Thief99 starts with TH3 doing nothing more than being level 99. To add upon that, you can gain an additional 5 levels from gear, using any combination of the gear you listed above. Going above that produces nothing. Upon attacking, you have a chance to cause an additional effect to trigger an increase a level. Without the gift unlocked, you cap at TH12 from traits, gear, and battle procs.
ahh okay, the way people were talking made it sound like there was +12 TH from gear alone. That makes a lot more sense, thank you.
 Asura.Snubber
Server: Asura
user: snubber
By Asura.Snubber 2015-03-09 12:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Source website: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/40657-Mar-18-2014-%28JST%29-Version-Update

Upper limit for TH has been introduced in the March 2014 update.

MAX TH is 8, doesn't matter how much TH (trait + gear) you have.

As stated from the website, the increase of TH through use of sneak atk, trick atk, or auto atk have a MAX of 12.

And from the new recent Job Point, at 100 JP, thief get another increase in TH to 13.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-03-09 12:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are just the common TH items. There is also a Ring from adoulin missions that give +1, and Chaac Belt from Bird delve for another +1 TH.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-09 12:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Still am confounded by the limit on initial th as if that's so overwhelmingly powerful yet rudra's is doing enough damage to where the last digit is just a banana with a confused look on its face
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-03-09 12:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

They should have made the job point increase gear TH max to 9. Nobody ever gets TH12 because after like TH10 or so your chance of increasing to 11 are like 1-2%. Can't imagine how small of a chance you have to go from TH12-13 even with TH8 gear on and capped haste--it would take a while...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-09 12:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Still am confounded by the limit on initial th as if that's so overwhelmingly powerful yet rudra's is doing enough damage to where the last digit is just a banana with a confused look on its face

Addition levels of TH have an ever decreasing effect, there's but a handful of mobs that are worth considering TH levels beyond 8 anyway.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-09 12:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ophannus said: »
They should have made the job point increase gear TH max to 9. Nobody ever gets TH12 because after like TH10 or so your chance of increasing to 11 are like 1-2%. Can't imagine how small of a chance you have to go from TH12-13 even with TH8 gear on and capped haste--it would take a while...
Getting to 11 is easy, it's 12 that takes a little patience. Just got to keep feint TA and SA ing.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-09 12:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

There's also a bonus with Ionis (sp?) from Adoulin of +1.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-09 13:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

BG-Ionis

Moderate increase in reward obtainment rate isn't very clearly defined, I'd assume it would work just like the Signet "Treasure Hound" enhancement if it is TH effect.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-09 13:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk about anyone else but if im stuck behind some *** killing behemoth with trainee needle again im gonna try and find em irl
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-09 13:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The old Thief's Knife works just fine if you have no interest in making a Sandung, or you feel the need to use both.

Treasure Hound is a separate bonus from gear, whereas Ionis counts the same as gear does. This means when you're farming Savory Shanks, Treasure Hound will help you get more Thunderclouds, while Ionis won't improve your chances of getting more PUP capes and tulfaire feathers.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-09 13:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk about anyone else but if im stuck behind some *** killing behemoth with trainee needle again im gonna try and find em irl

I don't really worry too much about people doing that on Behemoth, since the drop rate on shanks is pitiful, but I want to reach through my screen when people do it on KB.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-09 13:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You and me both, I just summon Ulmia, Joachim and Koru-Moru then just full time TH, feint, bully, SA + TA until behemoth is dead. Usually get at least TH10
 Cerberus.Ganlere
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2015-03-10 09:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shanks generally prove how random TH is anyway. I'll full time TH8 gear and have received shanks with no additional TH procures, so just TH8, and then can receive nothing for multiples in a row with TH12. Just go at it with 119 gear and get it over with, pure luck based. On a good day I can get around 40% drop rate, bad day 20%. I generally do 10 a day, whenever I go.

Got to love those people in sparks gear and thief's knife ONLY! to build their TH. 15-20 mins later...
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-10 10:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

BG-Ionis

Moderate increase in reward obtainment rate isn't very clearly defined, I'd assume it would work just like the Signet "Treasure Hound" enhancement if it is TH effect.
If your gear is capped (8) first hit of TH comes up as 10 instead of 9.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-03-10 10:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

BG-Ionis

What you see in the chatlog when it displays your TH level is upgrade procs. You never see your base TH level displayed. First action on the mob plants your base TH, normally TH8. After that, your TH upgrades will appear. So if the first message that you see in the log states TH10, then your base is TH9.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-10 10:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

BG-Ionis

What you see in the chatlog when it displays your TH level is upgrade procs. You never see your base TH level displayed. First action on the mob plants your base TH, normally TH8. After that, your TH upgrades will appear. So if the first message that you see in the log states TH10, then your base is TH9.
That was my point. Base can be 9 with Ionis.