2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New campaigns 6 Mar 2015
New campaigns 6 Mar 2015
First Page 2 3
By likard 2015-03-06 05:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/13674/detail.html

The following four campaigns will commence on Friday, March 6.

Campaign Period
Friday, March 6, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. (PST) Thursday, March 26 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT)

Double Experience and Capacity Point Campaign
- Experience point gains for adventurers and their fellows will be doubled for the duration.
* This bonus stacks with the effects of dedication.
* Experience point gains from clearing content, using items, vanquishing foes in Abyssea, besting stormy autochthons in Alluvion Skirmishes, and felling monsters in Yorcia Weald Skirmishes will be unaffected.

- Vanquishing monsters during the campaign period will yield double the normal amount of capacity points.
* This bonus stacks with the effects of commitment.
Capacity point gains from clearing content, besting stormy autochthons in Alluvion Skirmishes, and felling monsters in Yorcia Weald Skirmishes will be unaffected.

This is the perfect time to enhance your favorite jobs by earning job points and coveted gifts!

Bonus Bayld Campaign
A bonus will be added to all lair, colonization, and wildskeeper reive evaluations during the campaign period.
This bonus to evaluations means the amount of bayld and experience points earnable from each reive is roughly doubled, with the maximum values being increased as well!

Surge Walk Campaign
All walks that appear in the Walk of Echoes during the campaign period will be surge walks, increasing the chances for earning precious loot!
*If only a regular walk is available at the beginning of the campaign period, a surge walk will appear after it is cleared.

Alter Ego Expo
During the campaign period, all alter egos will enjoy the following bonuses.
- Maximum HP and MP will be increased by fifty percent
- A high resistance to all status ailments will be gained.

While this campaign lasts, your alter egos will be ready to face the most trying of tasks!
By likard 2015-03-06 05:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if there was a typo on the start date or the Double Bayld campaign. Reives are returning the same amount of Bayld as normal. Last double bayld campaign was ninja nerfed to "double rate to normal max" so it is probable.
 Valefor.Yankke
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Yankke23
By Valefor.Yankke 2015-03-06 05:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Moar job points!!!
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-06 06:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear God just make the double capacity points permanent, they do enough campaigns for it already.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-03-06 06:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh.... campaigns.... ummm..... yay.... (Sorry, forgot to get excited.)
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-03-06 07:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

likard said: »
I'm not sure if there was a typo on the start date or the Double Bayld campaign. Reives are returning the same amount of Bayld as normal. Last double bayld campaign was ninja nerfed to "double rate to normal max" so it is probable.

Thats what they said but they really mistranslated it. See if you can figure out what they really did with these screenies:

Obviously something was left doubled, and the middle 2 are from the same reive :D

Hopefully I'll find some time to get geo and rune capped >.>
By Lyncath 2015-03-06 08:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Another one?

Good lord, just make the base rate double what it is already and be done with it.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-06 08:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Even Matsui's son said it in one of those live streams of theirs lol.
By fillerbunny9 2015-03-06 08:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

double CP campaign, followed by another wave of temps/perma for people caught botting the CP.
[+]
By Keido 2015-03-06 08:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
double CP campaign, followed by another wave of temps/perma for people caught botting the CP.

Good get them the hell out of the game.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-06 08:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Keido said: »

Good get them the hell out of the game.

Get rid of all the botters and then see each server with 8 chars lol
[+]
 Asura.Llaessnar
Server: Asura
user: Llaessnar
By Asura.Llaessnar 2015-03-06 08:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting same amount of bayld on lair and colo reive as usual here....
By fillerbunny9 2015-03-06 09:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I just love how CP are treated by some people as this holy grail of knowing how to play your job, dedication to hard work or whatever. they are a beyond tedious timesink designed to fill the massive holes in content whenever SE drops the ball. I feel like they should have been implemented like merits were (spendable on any job once obtained, not have such absurd quantities required per point) because you could get them on whatever job you "had" to play to get into the party, but could spend them where you actually WANT to on your own time. you really like BLM and want to get CP? well good luck, chum, you chose the wrong job. same goes for most Pet jobs really, though I am not sure if BST can reliably pull them down with the changes or not. sitting in town shouting for that Bard or White Mage to round out your party is not fun, especially when those jobs can elect to either A do tedious grind for X many hours or B do any other event in the game which will net them some gear/profitable item. this is even more evident on support line jobs who may have already capped CP. why go BRD if you have already capped your gifts/points?

the idea of Superior gear is even more laughable thanks to it being gated behind CP. "gee, I can't hack it to manage to do anything near modern content, but I can grind out 1.5 million CP to wear an AH item generally inferior to i119 AF gear?" sure, getting some REMs tales and gil from Salvage/Dynamis is pathetically easy in Sparks gear, but the whole CP nonsense? design decisions like these confound me, and just further convince me that no one who works on the game has ever played it for longer than a few minutes at a time.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-06 09:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I never really put much thought into farming cp I mostly just got it naturally from incursion spam lol
By Wordspoken 2015-03-06 09:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Great, I just unsubbed because of no double capacity. Announce these things a little beforehand, will you?!
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-03-06 09:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Llaessnar said: »
Getting same amount of bayld on lair and colo reive as usual here....

The screenshots I posted are from December. Dunno what's going on with the campaigns that started today.
By Lyncath 2015-03-06 09:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like they should have been implemented like merits were (spendable on any job once obtained, not have such absurd quantities required per point) because you could get them on whatever job you "had" to play to get into the party, but could spend them where you actually WANT to on your own time. you really like BLM and want to get CP? well good luck, chum, you chose the wrong job. same goes for most Pet jobs really, though I am not sure if BST can reliably pull them down with the changes or not. sitting in town shouting for that Bard or White Mage to round out your party is not fun, especially when those jobs can elect to either A do tedious grind for X many hours or B do any other event in the game which will net them some gear/profitable item. this is even more evident on support line jobs who may have already capped CP. why go BRD if you have already capped your gifts/points?
I agree that one should be able to earn CP on any job and spend it on others for sure, and I'm pretty sure they'll do that eventually. It is a bit irritating that they made Corsair's Roll increase CP gain but practically every career Corsair on your server probably has capped CP already so you'll never find one.

However, what makes CP parties good is that practically any job setup works for them and there's such an insane number of camps that you can experiment with any combination of jobs and get a good result. I have absolutely no qualms about bringing Black Mages, Beastmasters, and other jobs to a CP party provided they know what they're doing. Seldom will you need a 'proper' healing job for them either.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-03-06 09:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get why people are making comments on Su1 in the manner they are.

Reality was at first people were like it looks mediocre. Then people did the math and found that a piece or two in each +1 set was BiS in certain conditions.

The big joke about isn't that it was mediocre but that it got outclassed by the new gear and augments from this skirmish.

More than likely there will be a Su2 piece that is BiS. Not a set but a random niche piece.
By fillerbunny9 2015-03-06 09:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

let's remember the overall playerbase we are speaking about, however. if they don't have a BRD/GEO and a WHM minimum they're not leaving town. remember, FFXI is "if it's not optimum, I'm not leaving Port Jeuno."
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-06 09:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

R.I.P gil from sombra+1 lol
[+]
By Keido 2015-03-06 09:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

let's remember the overall playerbase we are speaking about, however. if they don't have a BRD/GEO and a WHM minimum they're not leaving town. remember, FFXI is "if it's not optimum, I'm not leaving Port Jeuno."

Not true at all. I don't have those jobs but I make my own parties and figure out how to do things.
By dustinfoley 2015-03-06 10:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Not true at all. I don't have those jobs but I make my own parties and figure out how to do things.

One example of an outlier doesn't make a stereotype not true.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-06 10:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

CP grind is basically meripo II, which players asked for. It's just that everyone forgot meripo was grinding to the n'th power and large amounts of 'aint nobody got time fo dat' kicked in post-Abyssea.
By Keido 2015-03-06 10:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh yeah you cant go AFK on a hill for CP. Oh boo hoo. :)
By KaariLaLa 2015-03-06 10:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
CP grind is basically meripo II, which players asked for. It's just that everyone forgot meripo was grinding to the n'th power and large amounts of 'aint nobody got time fo dat' kicked in post-Abyssea.
I thought this Same thing, i remember when 20k/hour was a good PT in Merit days. so thats 2 Merits/Hour... a good CP PT without Double CP you get what 7 or 8 per hour? (Im not 100% Sure how much you getin an hour) Either way, you get a lot of points per hour compared to the old Merits in the game before Abyssea, so i dont see why people complain.

Job points arent required, it's just something you can do on the side to endhance your capabilities. that's how i see it
By dustinfoley 2015-03-06 11:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

KaariLaLa said: »
Job points arent required, it's just something you can do on the side to endhance your capabilities. that's how i see it

Thats where your wrong

The gifts at 100 jp are class defining stuff.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2015-03-06 11:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh yeah you cant go AFK on a hill for CP. Oh boo hoo. :)
people already ARE AFKing on a hill to get CP because it's so goddamn boring. meanwhile, SE catches a few, the rest keep on getting away with it, and the entire system remains broken because SE thinks "well, all these people are getting CP. working as intended!" but do, please, continue to jerk yourself off in the corner over your own self righteousness.
[+]
 Odin.Strummer
Server: Odin
By Odin.Strummer 2015-03-06 11:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw the thread title and for some reason expected SE was revamping Campaign Battles (S).

Was disappointed.
[+]
By KaariLaLa 2015-03-06 11:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
KaariLaLa said: »

Thats where your wrong

The gifts at 100 jp are class defining stuff.
As i only have THF and COR at 99, i cant see what other jobs have, and i looked up and down BG and FFXICLOPEDIA, and cant find a list of gifts, x.x Are there any that im just not finding?
By Keido 2015-03-06 11:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

people already ARE AFKing on a hill to get CP because it's so goddamn boring. meanwhile, SE catches a few, the rest keep on getting away with it, and the entire system remains broken because SE thinks "well, all these people are getting CP. working as intended!" but do, please, continue to jerk yourself off in the corner over your own self righteousness.

Really which one? Which CP camp do you go to with 9 AFK mules and 3 people playing the game getting any CP? What people are getting away with what? The botting of CP points? I see people getting banned for it makes me happy.

The system isn't broken. What is broken is peoples need for immediate gratification and if they cant get it cheat to get it or complain until they do. So it is working as intended. Please go play a different game because playing a MMO seems to be too hard for you. I am sorry you cant get CP as you would like in a worm party doing nothing. Again Boo Hoo.
[+]
First Page 2 3