Epeolatry Questions
 Phoenix.Skyfire
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2015-03-05 14:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,
I am in the process of making one of these and just had a few questions before I started handing over H-P Bayld. (8200/13099)

Typically I use one-handed Swords on rune due to savage blade being boss and the fact reso/dimidation/spinning slash lack usefulness.

In delve II, I can hit 10K+ savage blades while resolution lingers between 7-8k(with proper buffs and tp)

For a Rune who often /nin's for events and tries to keep up with dps, to validate a spot in the main party, is this great-sword worth the investment?
 Carbuncle.Galmaximas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Galmaximas 2015-03-05 15:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Um considering its a mythic which is the equivalent of a Burtgang to a PLD and completely puts you on a completely other level as far as putting above the PDT cap by 25% I'd say yes it's worth it if you can afford it.

P.S Mythic rule of thumb any situation when you can maintain your AM3 it should be the superior choice for dps options unless your a RNG
By mortontony1 2015-03-05 15:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah with aftermath up basically just spamming resolution.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-05 15:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

A few thoughts on that:

- The PDT II -25% is incredibly valuable on fights where shadows aren't going to cut it, or when stunned/petrified/terror'd.
- Aftermath is still very potent, and your TP gain will likely make up for the lack of impressive WS damage compared to Savage Blade.
- AoE Liement makes the JA significantly more practical than before; Normally since you can keep Vallation/Valiance going fulltime, you probably don't find a need for Liement as much, but added to the things you can protect the party with, it helps a lot. Between Valiance, One For All, and Liement, it's very easy to regularly protect a party from powerful elemental AoEs (Astral Flow, Implosion, and Static Prison come to mind).
- Future updates could potentially turn the tide on RUN's WS choices to favor a great sword again. Also, since it's a RME weapon, if there's an increase to item level, it'll surely be brought up to stay relevant.

If you don't find yourself playing RUN often enough to make that kind of investment, then I'd say sit on it some more.
 Phoenix.Skyfire
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2015-03-05 15:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the responses. I have a great deal to think about.
 Valefor.Dpdhuntress
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Dpdhuntress 2015-03-09 15:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had Epeolatry for a month now. It does open up a huge variety of potential for RUN. There is a lot you need to consider. Just putting gil into the weapon does not make you finished. You need to have a high ACC set, str, dex, emnity, Ilvl pdt set, lunge set with decent emnity. You also need to be really fast as you fight/tank. Adding liement as aoe is great but you need to time it right or you don't benefit it's party affect usage. Your also going to have to deal with all the sams/wars who still are better damage dealers not giving you the time of day as well as people doubting you can tank. You will be able to do both but your not better then a war/Sam/pld. You will stand on par once you learn the job though. I fell in love with the job and got great at it. If you willing to put In the correct effort you won't be disappointed. I've gotten dimidiaton from 7-21k and resolution in the correct party set up with after math from 7-22k. Don't expect high ws's all the time you'll be more focused on spamming as many resolutions as possible. Good luck and you finish soon
 Phoenix.Leaden
user: Leaden
By Phoenix.Leaden 2015-03-09 16:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

With Epeolatry's PDT II makes it much more survivable. The Enmity is absolutely fantastic and the Liement duration will help hold hate better and save yourself and players from a powerful magical ability/spell. The Aftermath helps put you from not just a tank but to a DD with spamming Resolution over and over

People will also tell you RUN cannot tank with this weapon. Those people have not either played around with holding hate or even leveled the job in general. I've seen RUN tank some stuff that I even thought wouldn't be able to take down or even hold. The job just requires the right gear and time to hold hate. It's a fantastic sword.

I also wish you the best of luck finishing this weapon and having it in your possession Skyfire.