Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-03-05 02:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
•What is Vagary?
Vagary is all-new content that pits Vana’diel’s bravest adventurers against the Xol Triumvirate, with victors receiving hitherto unforeseen spoils and rewards.
Winding passage found in the depths of Outer Ra'Kaznar lead adventurers to confrontations with all three members of the triumvirate: Balamor the Deathborne, Dhokmak the Brash, and Ashrakk the Duskbrood.

•Joining the Fray
Players must meet the following requirements in order to participate.

•Have the FINAL FANTASY XI: Seekers of Adoulin expansion installed.

•Have registered the Seekers of Adoulin expansion content.

•Have reached level 95 or higher.

•Be a member of a party or alliance of between three and eighteen members.

•The party leader must have reached a certain point in the Seekers of Adoulin missions and be in possession of a certain key item.*
* There is no requirement for the other members of the party but the encounters in Vagary may spoil parts of the story that unfolds in the Seekers of Adoulin missions.

•Obtaining the Key Item
Obtain an item dropped by a certain monster and trade it with the Odyssean Passage in Leafallia to obtain the requisite key item.

•The Gates to Vagary
There are three entrances to Vagary found in Outer Ra'Kaznar, each leading to different battles and monsters, and housing a particular member of the Xol Triumvirate.
* The key item required for entry is the same for each of the entrances.

•Probing the Depths
Vagary has a time limit of forty-five minutes. Powerful rewards await those who survive the fight into the chambers' inner recesses and defeat the representative of the Xol Triumvirate.

•Vagary Rewards
The final bosses will drop materials crucial for synergizing item level 119 and Superior 2 equipment, as well as items necessary for reforging Empyrean Armor to item level 119.

Your text to link here...

SU 2 !!!
So basicly, 210 job point ++

Let see soon
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-03-05 02:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Every person bitching about job points:

[+]
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-03-05 02:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

bah when i see SU 1 item, i was "meh ...." so i don't so exited by future SU 2.

Anyway news fight, hope more job versality than standard setup.
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-03-05 02:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
Anyway news fight, hope more job versality than standard setup.

I highly doubt that. PLD THF RNG RNG BRD WHM <you can have this>.
[+]
 Phoenix.Skyfire
Server: Phoenix
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2015-03-05 03:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

SU1 wasn't worthwhile, doubtful SU2 will be, especially since empyrean has the potential to be very powerful.

Vagary has potential to be a fun event, I really liked the floating salamander Xol fight. The mechanics in having to move around and such made it interesting.(having an npc to keep alive on the other hand was annoying)

Honestly though, it sounds like delve. Cannot wait to see.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-03-05 03:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be a reasonable alternative to create gear even better than current skirmish: better gear but just accessed by spending insane amount of time grinding jp.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-05 03:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Skyfire said: »
Honestly though, it sounds like delve.

I dont really remember the storyline details, but given the oponents, instead of delve, its more like the 7th wildeskeeper? It would be a good gating make the entrance all 6 crest kis from the naakuals, lost upon entry. Would give a reason to do wk and prevent people rushing the content. As it sound, just the leader must have ki, it seems one of those event you can spam the ***out for straight 24h.
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-03-05 03:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

I dont really remember the storyline details, but given the oponents, instead of delve, its more like the 7th wildeskeeper? It would be a good gating make the entrance all 6 crest kis from the naakuals, lost upon entry. Would give a reason to do wk and prevent people rushing the content. As it sound, just the leader must have ki, it seems one of those event you can spam the ***out for straight 24h.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-05 04:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »

You know, there wasnt just one seal. And unless i missed something, sajakka inst a naakual.
 Carbuncle.Arcksan
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pluton
By Carbuncle.Arcksan 2015-03-05 05:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I just hope Boss HP will remain teh same if we go at 6 or 18... I really want a difficult HLS "old school" event :/
[+]
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-03-05 05:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Arcksan said: »
I just hope Boss HP will remain teh same if we go at 6 or 18... I really want a difficult HLS "old school" event :/

I really hope it doesn't, because I hate 18 man content.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-03-05 06:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

In before Empyrean Armor is SU2.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-03-05 06:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds awesome I really need to stop slacking on seekers missions sounds like even more fun.
By Lyncath 2015-03-05 06:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
•What is Vagary?
Vagary is all-new content that pits Vana’diel’s bravest adventurers against the Xol Triumvirate, with victors receiving hitherto unforeseen spoils and rewards.
Winding passage found in the depths of Outer Ra'Kaznar lead adventurers to confrontations with all three members of the triumvirate: Balamor the Deathborne, Dhokmak the Brash, and Ashrakk the Duskbrood.

•Joining the Fray

•The party leader must have reached a certain point in the Seekers of Adoulin missions and be in possession of a certain key item.*
* There is no requirement for the other members of the party but the encounters in Vagary may spoil parts of the story that unfolds in the Seekers of Adoulin missions.

•Obtaining the Key Item
Obtain an item dropped by a certain monster and trade it with the Odyssean Passage in Leafallia to obtain the requisite key item.

•The Gates to Vagary
There are three entrances to Vagary found in Outer Ra'Kaznar, each leading to different battles and monsters, and housing a particular member of the Xol Triumvirate.

•Probing the Depths
Vagary has a time limit of forty-five minutes. Powerful rewards await those who survive the fight into the chambers' inner recesses and defeat the representative of the Xol Triumvirate.

•Vagary Rewards
The final bosses will drop materials crucial for synergizing item level 119 and Superior 2 equipment, as well as items necessary for reforging Empyrean Armor to item level 119.

Hah.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-03-05 07:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Galka RuneFencer!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-03-05 07:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lyncath said: »
Quote:
•What is Vagary?

•Joining the Fray

•Obtaining the Key Item

•The Gates to Vagary

•Probing the Depths

•Vagary Rewards

Hah.

Wow between new 119, su 2 119, empry 119 and the new skirmish augmented gears ........ That's a lotta gears. Something is not gonna survive. Lol

Time to stop yorcia skirmish and do capacity points party again.
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-03-05 07:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

By the impression I had of most Su1 gear, not gonna hold my breath on that one...
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-03-05 07:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, there wasnt just one seal. And unless i missed something, sajakka inst a naakual.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-05 08:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sajjaka says literally he isn't a Naakual. But he may've been saying that with the intent to convey that he is different from the Wildskeepers. It would stupid to make a holy wyrm and not let us fight it. At the very least Vagary may have a "clone" of Sajjaka in the same way delve has clones of Naakuals. We need to fight it. SE wrote around when VW was released they were thinking of ways for us to fight new kinds of Wyrms(hope they didn't mean P.watcher).

Also it's odd a wyrm would just trust us and align with us without a fight. If it were CoP, Sajjaka's mission wouldn't be to answer an unloseable multiplechoice question, it would have been a bc fight. It was so lame that we weren't forced to fight him because it could have been a fun fight.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-05 08:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

They may shoehorn SU2 at 100 to not be cruel. They didn't mention new JP/gifts in the initial teaser and we just got new jp/gifts a few weeks ago. Kinda doubtful that they'd make another 100JP gifts so soon. I think they'll just add underneathe the 100JP gift pro bono.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2015-03-05 08:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
In before Empyrean Armor is SU2.
9_9
Can you feel that? I'm doing it as loud as I can.

I don't comprehend why people keep thinking SU armore are... Special or something.
They literally said back when they were implemented that Superior gear is a means to implement iLv119 gear that's sellable without upsetting the balance of the game. (Would have been reeeeaaaally nice if they had said that BEFORE Su1 got added... But it was nice they told us that's what "superior" is for. It's nothing more than a roadblock against RMT actions, so people can't just buy 119 stuff. This is also why CL120 WoE gives 118 gear.)

Further, why is empyrean armor placed on this pedestal? SO much of it is suuuuuper ***whitout the set bonus. (As in, the ONLY reason to wear it is the set bonus. Best example would be SMN AF3+2 hands.)
And nowadays, the set bonuses aren't all that great anymore either. (Sure, some have retained their value like PLD's, but many/most aren't worth anything now.)

Hopefully Su2 will at least be a little worthwhile to make. (As in actually give desire to grind out 300+ JPs... Unlike the most of Su1 which was worthless.)
But it won't be superior to anything we have now.
Probably not anyways. (Those A!Skirmish sets get some pretty stupid augments on already good gear... Which will get even more when A!Ra'kaznar is added.)

EDIT:
Asura.Highwynn said: »
They may shoehorn SU2 at 100 to not be cruel. They didn't mention new JP/gifts in the initial teaser and we just got new jp/gifts a few weeks ago. Kinda doubtful that they'd make another 100JP gifts so soon. I think they'll just add underneathe the 100JP gift pro bono.
I don't think it will be 100, but I think further gifts have the possibility of fleshing out the large gaps between gift tiers past 100. (Since they stop being every 5 spent. Wouldn't be shocked if SUs got added in there along with other new spells and such.)
By Lyncath 2015-03-05 08:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I find it funny that they're showing off the Rune Fencer Empyrean set when it's easily the worst looking set in-game.
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-03-05 08:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Sajjaka says literally he isn't a Naakual. But he may've been saying that with the intent to convey that he is different from the Wildskeepers.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-03-05 08:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-05 08:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-05 08:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as the upgrade items for empy are ah-able, I dun curr!
[+]
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2015-03-05 08:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-03-05 08:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
As long as the upgrade items for empy are ah-able, I dun curr!

most likely will be. just like AF and relic reforged items. the only things that weren't are the Rem's chapters.
 Ragnarok.Navara
Server: Ragnarok
user: xff8x
By Ragnarok.Navara 2015-03-05 09:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I find it funny that they're showing off the Rune Fencer Empyrean set when it's easily the worst looking set in-game.

Am I the only one who finds the Geomancer Empyrean set even worse? It just looks so unlike anything that a Geomancer would wear lol
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-05 09:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Navara said: »

Am I the only one who finds the Geomancer Empyrean set even worse? It just looks so unlike anything that a Geomancer would wear lol
Obviously this guy never played FFIII, FFV, or FF Tactics.

[+]
First Page 2 3 4