Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-04 18:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Heimdel said: »
Smn is becoming more and more a job to take on events. They already starting do good dmg on bns and now this.
The only thing keeping SMN back from being considered for stuff is the preexisting bias of the community. (cause it's been able to deal good damage and give good buffs and enfeebles for a good while now)

Like, even now, I'll get put on book duty in PUG A!Yorcia because I'm on SMN. (not that I'm really complaining about that... cause.. I actually enjoy doing the book and I always make sure to follow my babies to know when to poke the stroghold.)
Even though SMN one shots every elemental and butterflies with a single BP... Which you'd think would be really favored, especially on later floors where those first kills are the most important.
But I get stuck on book as I watch BLMs die over and over bitching about how bad they are because they don't have a WHM to run behind them and curespam them. (it's called SS, can you use it?)

Even in my LS... was doing lowman DM2... so.. Scherzo+EA is kinda a big deal... especially as long as EV is alive. (And I swear that she Arrogance Incarnates more the less people there are... >_<)
"And the SMN will.... why did we bring a SMN?"
le sign..............
SMN's biggest problem is the community... and that's not really ever gonna change until the community starts noticing that our BPs scale extremely well to their WSs. (Though OBVIOUSLY once their WSs start getting buffs, they pull ahead.)

Also: they forgot Ultimate Terror in their "no more decaying +stat" effects... :(
It was a baby!impact...
but now we have the real thing! >:D (hopefully... SMNs should always be cautious about good news...)

I why some jobs dispel the bias and others don't.

BLU and DNC are extremely powerful, and DNC is technically stronger than THF right now yet people want THF. Also DRG is arguably the best 2hand melee behind SAM right now due to the full time 20%att/def and 10% haste we get for free that stacks with hasso or berserk, yet still people view it as inferior. Sch still doesnt get love as a healer even though we have 1500 cure4's with our double light weather/chatoyant combo, people would rather shout for an hour for that whm(very little content where you'd need a whm over a sch unless its like constant huge aoe with multiple debuffs on everyone. Even then, cureskin isnt usually going to make or break you, plus sch provides other benefits like dispels/nukes/sleeps/regen5.
Best way to dispel stigma is play a stigmatized job and make your own runs and "wow" people enough. It works most of the time. Like i have had people invite me to AA fights as sch, and they were incredulous that a sch could handle the healing duty(which is pretty light with a pld usually) but other perks made the fight faster...flurry,adloquium,firestorm,distract, etc. most jobs are well balanced these days where you can clear content with anything. I have to say the only jobs i can think of that need real boosts are war and drk sad to say. I mean a thf should not be doing more damage with a 1000tp, unstacked rudra storm with a d108 dagger than a 260 damage gaxe's upheaval or a 280dmg scythe's entropy. Its stupid. Even cdc is up there though it at least has a huge variance due to crits.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-03-04 19:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Considering that it’s possible for party enhancements, especially haste, to be cast on pets, we’ve made adjustments so that the damage for each hit is higher.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46262-Freshly-Picked-Vana-diel-16-Digest?p=542248&viewfull=1#post542248

What exactly does SE mean by this?
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-04 19:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Typo. He means "considering it's not possible..."
 Asura.Tot
By Asura.Tot 2015-03-04 20:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i am both sad and happy that blu is so good now, sad because we'll just be tossed about' like a bandwagon job but happy that i get invites easier lol

Kinda funny also that PUG's are stuck shouting for brd whm sam thf / rng when other jobs are just as good if not better sometimes

Just because your idea of a fail safe setup wins in 5 minutes easily doesn't mean a nontraditional setup cant win within that extra 25 minutes,

so spend 60 minutes shouting for the perfect setup to save time by winning fast

or shout 20 minutes for people that can go jobs other than and be done before you even get that brd bandwagon rolling
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-03-04 22:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
I usually don't like your posts for their caustic nature, Urteil.
But this time I can't help but agree 10000000%.

Though I think PUP is in more "dire straits" than RUN or SMN are in. (It could use some more love in other words... then again, I'm not sure of the state of their automaton's WSs since the last bump... still, automatons are less durable/disposable than avatars and pets... so I think they could use... more. Dunno what specifically. But more.)

And RUN's biggest problem is that people try and be a crappy DD with RUN instead of gearing it for tanking. (As in barely any, if at all PDT... which RUN kinda really sorely needs thanks to it's light armor class. But then that's the same as a PLD not using any DT or a NIN not casting/having utsusemi...)
It's also in a strange position where the hands down, absolute best sub for it is a job that before RUN I would have said was a 100% waste of a subjob: BLU.
Sure there was a bit where DRK/BLU was a quirky silly little thing... "look at all my drains," but it was never a serious job combo.
RUN/BLU is... astonishingly, crack.
NEVER did I think there would be a day where I could consider /BLU as not only worthwhile for more than shits and giggles, but as an absolute best subjob...
But here we are.

You would only become further enamored while in my presence.

Caustic acid to wipe away the grime.