March Version Update News
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2015-03-03 23:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

oh boy.

that Geo set looks like when you let your kid decide to dress themselves to go to school. They threw in some pup AF3 legs with that orange, a moogle style hoodie, some winter boots and gloves, and...is that a backpack in there too <_<

The rune set looks like the designer started with a Thur. Peacekeeper set and suddenly was torn between his dream of being a Luchador or a caped crimefighter in adoulin at night.
By Selinah 2015-03-03 23:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

After looking at them:
I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

So sad for GEO, the AF1 and AF2 were pretty sets, AF3 is a NO WAY! I can't believe they think we want to look like that. Saddest part of all... The other AF3 sets are pretty for the most part.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Darksouls
Server: Bahamut
user: blacksoul
By Bahamut.Darksouls 2015-03-03 23:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Selinah said: »
After looking at them:
I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

So sad for GEO, the AF1 and AF2 were pretty sets, AF3 is a NO WAY! I can't believe they think we want to look like that. Saddest part of all... The other AF3 sets are pretty for the most part.
I will hate to use pup af3....
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-04 00:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

lol geo af on female chars was just a slutkit kneepads to avoid rug burn and a giant lamp shade to keep the sun out of your eyes during oral copulation
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-04 00:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

hey at least i avoided using the more vulgar terms i love so much...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-03-04 01:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Both those sets look absolutely horrible.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-03-04 01:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm personally excited for the Pajamancer set. Going to look damn cute on Tarus.
[+]
By Selinah 2015-03-04 05:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
You ppl call yourself FF fans. The GEO outfit is based off tradition I think it's great. Also I guess the other thread was updated.

In any case I want to hear more posts like this:
Bahamut.Shirai said: »
While I'm not a Geomancer myself, I am kinda pleased that they made this look more similar to the Geomancer garb from previous FF installments:

No more ugly umbrella hat

The mushroom hat just looks ... idk I don't like it I wish this was their first armor set.

I for one embrace our new geopajama overlords.

Bismarck.Zenim said: »
bare legs is nice if the outfit works, but do both genders at least SE

That bothered me too.

I agree that it was a bit sexist, but it looked nice. To be honest, many sets are a bit sexist since for some reason, women wear the armor equivalent of stockings instead of tights on some heavier armor sets.

I know it is based on a traditional set. I just dislike where they went with it. In the referenced picture, there are no more than 5 colors involved, the body alone has more colors than that. Furthermore, the colors used clash with each other which makes it ugly to me. It is so busy as well. With different coloring, I would like it better.

I agree the mushroom hat was silly, but I always use /displayhead off so that didn't bother me.
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-03-04 21:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

no stats yet for the other abyssean armor... wonder what will make it...

cant wait to see pups
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-03-04 21:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Rune looks stupid lol but geo loooks cute haha
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2015-03-04 22:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The GEO AF3 is a classic look from a previous FF title (FF3) so kudos to the Dev. Team for that little bit of nostalgia, as I always used a GEO in my FF3 game.

As for that RUN AF3, that is absolutely hideous. It looks like they took the basic Thurandaut set (minus the head) and added a bunch of "trinkets" here and there onto it and called it done. It looks like someone took a dress, added a bunch of gaudy looking crap, and walked down the runway with it, then acts all shocked when the judges tell her the outfit looks horrible and she ends up having to lip sync for her life. (RuPaul's Drag Race reference btw) And that Helm, seriously? I don't think even RuPaul herself would wear a feather that big on her head.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-03-04 23:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

thats ok RUN normal AF quests are Horrendous itself so im ok with shelving the job perminatly at sub lvl
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2015-03-04 23:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

lockstyle forever for run af3. I get that geo is a classic throwback, but the way they mashed the colors just doesn't do anything for me, they could have kept it simple, but went just a little overboard.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2015-03-05 00:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I really like GEO's; it's cute. Looks way better than the AF/Relic. But RUN, the job I actually play... that set is ugly as hell. Very sad. :( At least the AF looks nice, because the relic and empy are both fashion nightmares.
[+]