Soloing Legion - Possible?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Soloing Legion - Possible?
Soloing Legion - Possible?
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2015-11-23 07:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to solo or duo with non pet jobs?
 Siren.Clinpachii
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-23 08:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Oldmancebi said: »

I asked but it was overlooked/ignored. The mantis does an AOE instant KO move which I'm trying to figure out how to deal with still. It misses a couple of trusts but it knocks out 2-3 at random.

I think pet jobs or running around casting DoT's and low level nukes is about the only solution sadly.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-23 08:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachii said: »
Bismarck.Oldmancebi said: »

I asked but it was overlooked/ignored. The mantis does an AOE instant KO move which I'm trying to figure out how to deal with still. It misses a couple of trusts but it knocks out 2-3 at random.

I think pet jobs or running around casting DoT's and low level nukes is about the only solution sadly.
Well when it came to Death Prophet with Kaggen they key was it only ever followed Preying Posture and could be stunned. Since stunning in VW was a common strategy back when it first came out, (hell I think it gave birth to the SCH stun gun) I think if you can stun Death Prophet that might be the way forward.

With the magic accuracy from mainhand /dnc Violent Flourish might be an effective form of stun.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-11-23 08:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You could also try severely lowering its macc, and equipping death+ resist gear. RUN can periodically lower an enemy's MACC and can even boost the MEVA of his own.

At this point in the game, there is so much iLvl meva+ gear available, and Legion is only 99 content, so you can probably get by with either stacking meca, lowering macc, or stunning it, as mentioned above.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-11-23 08:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I had some difficulty landing Violent Flourish on the Mantis the last time I tried. There are two ways to deal with it:
1) Go BLU, BLM, a pet job, or something/BLM and Stun it
2) Let your trusts eat it and then resummon them. It's conal and the Mantis doesn't live long.

In regards to the topic, I have soloed all the chambers except Mul to the end without breaking out my SMN or gearing BLU. AoE damage is pretty excellent for wiping out waves and I have to imagine BLU would be quite good. I've used BLM and GEO for magic damage vulnerable chambers.

If you're going to go a single-target kill route, the secret is to claim a monster really quickly after it spawns. If your trust tank establishes hate on the monster before the others start to link, they will link onto the trust tank instead of you. It makes the chambers a lot easier because your trust is disposable and instantly resummonable while you are not.

Also, it's probably more efficient to duo or trio chambers than solo, particularly for Mul.
 Siren.Clinpachii
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-23 17:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I had some difficulty landing Violent Flourish on the Mantis the last time I tried. There are two ways to deal with it:
1) Go BLU, BLM, a pet job, or something/BLM and Stun it
2) Let your trusts eat it and then resummon them. It's conal and the Mantis doesn't live long.

In regards to the topic, I have soloed all the chambers except Mul to the end without breaking out my SMN or gearing BLU. AoE damage is pretty excellent for wiping out waves and I have to imagine BLU would be quite good. I've used BLM and GEO for magic damage vulnerable chambers.

If you're going to go a single-target kill route, the secret is to claim a monster really quickly after it spawns. If your trust tank establishes hate on the monster before the others start to link, they will link onto the trust tank instead of you. It makes the chambers a lot easier because your trust is disposable and instantly resummonable while you are not.

Also, it's probably more efficient to duo or trio chambers than solo, particularly for Mul.

iirc you can't summon trusts if you have hate. You will have to die in order to resummon them all.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-23 17:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Legion functions exceptionally similar to WKRs, so you can summon trusts while you have hate in there.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachii
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-23 18:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait what... really?!

EDIT: Holy christ you're right, I just resummoned mid-fight...
 Carbuncle.Kaelthas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Kaelthas 2015-11-23 18:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So if you were to make 2 alliances and buy the 36-man ticket, split up after entering and get everyone to summon 5 trusts, that would make it a 216-man legion.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachii
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-23 18:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I was actually about ask if you invite people in but they aren't in party if you can both summon your own parties... is that confirmed or forbidden sorcery?

EDIT: *** it I'm logging my wife's char on now to give it a try haha.... this is amazing if true.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kaelthas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Kaelthas 2015-11-23 18:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachii said: »
I was actually about ask if you invite people in but they aren't in party if you can both summon your own parties... is that confirmed or forbidden sorcery?

EDIT: *** it I'm logging my wife's char on now to give it a try haha.... this is amazing if true.
Pretty sure you can lol, as one of my LS members did it with 3 other people.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachii
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-23 18:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

This is amazing, just brought my wife out and had her drop party, sure as hell works lol.

This is the best thing I've learned all day.
[+]
 Asura.Tot
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tot 2015-11-23 19:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

blu kills most mobs in ~60-90 seconds just spamming cdc

for the mantis just sudden lunge lock it, also it does NOT need to prime death move and can in fact use at any time, its even used it on me on aggro before

my 'solo' record is 19 waves in hall of ki

hall of mul is no joke even at 119, and i dont think you can solo it