users online
Forum » FFXI » General » a FFXI rap.
a FFXI rap.
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Angeljcar
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-03-01 23:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I know that MMO dont usually attract people who listen to rap (There should be some sort of scientific study on that lol) but i dont mean to be cocky but rather, by grace i am what i am and thats a good lyricist. Ive been rapping for 10 years, i take as hobby but many say i would have a promising career if i would actually apply myself to trying to make albums. With all of that as a back drop, i've been playing FFXI for ten years and i have been thinking of writing a rap about it for a long time. It would be a 10-20 minute song im thinking. I would try and cover everything from when i first played the game to where the game is now. It would be soooo much better but as a rough draft off the top of my head, here an idea of how it would kind of go:

"My first 12.95

Was very anxious to see what would await once i arrived

But that fire died

When the initial download said 3 to 5...

Hours, i wanted to be overpowered

like those black mages in the preview taking out a behemoth from that 50 foot tower "

My point is, if i invested so much time writing it, then to record it on youtube to link here, would anyone even be interested in hearing it? I would go from being noob, to getting chain mail at level 10 to thinking youre invincible, to those who knew to go to valkurm dunes at 10 because they had a guide and other ignorantly soloing in Konschtat or worst. Pulls in dunes to qufim to kazham to the money it took to get to kazham for 1M so gil buying was tempting to the flux of prices to gil buyers to gil sellers to when legit players teamed up with gil sellers to get gear to sky to whitegate to the mass ban to the epicness of relics to its easiness. <--- horrible sentence structure but i hope you can look past that and hear the message. I want it to go to sea lead by Abysea and attempt to draw so much excitement and flash backs with maybe even a single tear because of the old memoryies of the times that will never be, but the picture is painted so vividly with words, its like.. for a brief momment you can relive the past 10 years of FFXI
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-03-02 00:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

This was a very un serious recording but a very serious song i wrote. This is an idea of my skill potential. this was 2 years ago and im better than i was then. I am a christian and this song talks about that at the end, my point isnt to push religion on you but to have an idea of my lyricism capability.
[+]
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-03-02 00:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

In all honesty, i won't need any ice for my butt, because i won't be that butt hurt. I'd appreciate responses saying "I wouldn't watch, sorry." with 50 likes than no response at all.
 Cerberus.Zephr
Server: Cerberus
user: zephr
By Cerberus.Zephr 2015-03-02 01:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The original FFXI rap

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-03-02 02:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lmao, thats funny. But mine is going to have no beat. And no cuss words. its going to be thorough and very ffxi
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-03-02 02:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to slap that rap in the face id rebuddle like

"My mom said hurry to mcdonalds

Its our last opportunity for us to cop some mc griddles

before their officially off the menu

"I DONT CARE IF THEIR DISCONTINUED!!!!"

IM 9 9 9 ON A RIDDLE

thats essential

and equivalent to your excitement of you winning the LOTTO!!!"
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-03-02 02:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly if theirs one fan of rap, who loves FFXI ill make it just for you because i know one real life friend who would be awestruck and id do it for one forum user. Itll be epic. DO YOU WANT IT??