users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Ninja bug fix for PUP not mentioned in notes :(
Ninja bug fix for PUP not mentioned in notes :(
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2015-02-27 13:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a bug in the Feb update that allowed you to exceed the normal capacity limits when equipping the new attachments (possibly caused by the capacity max increase JP gift, when you don't have it yet)
This allowed you to, for instance, equip mana tank III and II on soulsoother (not even possible WITH the JP gift), equip the attack III attachment on soulsoother, or any other attachment any particular frame/head doesn't have the capacity for. It was not mentioned in the hotfix notes in any of the recent hotfix updates, but they even put in a special error message for it (sort of a middle finger to anyone who had used this :p ) as shown above. The only way to see that message is to have gone over capacity with the bug, so there's no way to make it happen normally, ever and again. :p
[+]
By dustinfoley 2015-02-27 13:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Poor title, Pup bug fixed!

This has nothing to do with ninjas.

./duck
[+]
 Asura.Crevox
Server: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-27 13:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »

./duck

I thought the same...
By Pantafernando 2015-02-27 13:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What i didnt like was:

Quote:

- An issue wherein Helios and Techline equipment augmented with a Snowdim Stone +1 would have a higher-than-usual chance to apply the highest value for the effects "Magic Accuracy +”, “Magic Atk. +", and "Magic Accuracy & Magic Atk. +".

Like, if you didnt augment pre update, now you gonna have less luck to get good value?
[+]
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2015-02-27 18:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »

./duck

I should have predicted that :p

Obviously I meant 'ninja' in the context of "was fixed without telling anyone" :p

I feel like the error message was created specifically for me lol... There's no way to make that happen unless you had wrong things equipped because of the bug which now no longer happens :p
By dustinfoley 2015-02-28 05:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Its actualy not a bug fix you can still get this message

Equip head/body
equip bunch of attachments
switch body to something with dif ele capacity
try to activate
error message
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2015-02-28 15:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't able to do that since the last hotfix; but I guess the real fix was simply blocking activation. I guess it simply doesnt restrict you from equipping the auto with parts that fall within the boosted limit and simply doesn't let you activate if you dont have the trait. However, I was able to exceed dark capacity by 3 , when t he 100 JP gift only gives +2.