Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2015-02-28 18:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you can keep asking to make the game harder, easier, more upgrades, more stuff to do...etc and none of that really matter. The game has gone stale. It's not fun to play. People don't talk to each other and a large portion of the population is sitting around waiting then finally quit. Then world becomes empty, less people doing stuff, less people, less fun...etc.

Say you have A, B and C content. Some people can do A content, some more can do B and everyone can do C content. You put A and B content as 'hard-core' then C content for the masses. Some of the elite people finish everything in a couple days. Everyone else does C content and sits around wait for the next update. The A and B people complains and the C people quits without even checking the forum.

FFXI lacks a community. It's too hard to connect with other people. How many of you return to the game and ended up in a LS that does nothing and nobody talks?

Each update brings in new stuffs but it also makes it harder to play catch-up when you have to solo.
[+]
By Wordspoken 2015-02-28 18:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure community issue is a ffxi specialty. I get the impression it's the same in all online games.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-28 18:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure, as I've never played another MMO... but this seems to be the case, at least from my perspective.

The point is to work together... to have community. In FFXI that doesn't exist. The only purpose of this game is one up each other. Everyone hates everyone else... Yeah, we smile and pretend to give a ***but be honest. No one is there to assist you, they're merely in your damned way. If you didn't NEED them to help you, you'd tell them to *** off. Why do you think so many people 2box, 3box? It's much easier...

I suppose this is true for all things in life... everything is a competition, but this game seems to take it to a whole different level.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-28 18:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
I'm not sure, as I've never played another MMO... but this seems to be the case, at least from my perspective.

The point is to work together... to have community. In FFXI that doesn't exist. The only purpose of this game is one up each other. Everyone hates everyone else... Yeah, we smile and pretend to give a ***but be honest. No one is there to assist you, they're merely in your damned way. If you didn't NEED them to help you, you'd tell them to *** off. Why do you think so many people 2box, 3box? It's much easier...

I suppose this is true for all things in life... everything is a competition, but this game seems to take it to a whole different level.

Are you like that even in rl?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-28 18:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Be. More. Specific.

If I could clone myself and tell everyone else to *** off? Hell yes.

Humans sole purpose on this planet is to be "in the way" see: traffic

Do I give a ***about one-upping and competition, not even a little bit. Despise NASCAR baseball basketball, essentially all forms of human competition.

Does my job(s) force me to be nice to humans so I compensate by being a massive *** online, absolutely.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-02-28 22:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI really has lost that sense of community we once had in the old days. Too many of us have grown to be jaded and pessimistic in the years since release and too many who aren't have moved on to ther things.

One recent example I can think of was helping people synergize belts, gorgets and obis. I do pretty good making them (my furnace never explodes and most times I get 1/1). The few times I shouted I would do it for free as long as fewell is paid for, I got angry, sarcastic response from people saying I was dumb for doing it free or told to let people get Synergy levelled up themselves.

Maybe it's the modern age of solo or lowman content found in most modern MMOs that means none of us have to talk to each other. But even in other MMOs, I never had a hard time getting people talking if I started shouting a topic or something similar.

The last person I talked to outside my LS was Slyshen two months ago because he asked a question about my gear. Even in shout runs, it's all business and no talk at all. Just hellos and goodbyes.
[+]
By palladin9479 2015-02-28 22:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lye said: »
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
because leveling is almost never difficult historically in Square RPGs.

Almost all of us spent stupid amounts of time killing Colibri.

Except for people that leveled before toau? In that square rpg called final fantasy XI where, btw, leveling was kind of hard.

Except it wasn't really, not if you had enough RNG's. Anything could be made easier by throwing more RNG's at it. After that it was NIN, WAR and MNKs that were being thrown around. After that SAM and other 2H DD's. You still had to get to 50 before you could kill colibri. You got there by killing crabs, pugils, beetles and bats with the occasional mandragora thrown in. Leveling in FFXI was never hard, this game doesn't have any difficulty build in. The difficulty is in finding the people to do stuff with, the difficulty of FFXI is in the meta game which most of you are determined to be a$$hats about.
By Zackan 2015-02-28 23:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

palladin9479 said: »

Except for people that leveled before toau? In that square rpg called final fantasy XI where, btw, leveling was kind of hard.

Except it wasn't really, not if you had enough RNG's. Anything could be made easier by throwing more RNG's at it. After that it was NIN, WAR and MNKs that were being thrown around. After that SAM and other 2H DD's. You still had to get to 50 before you could kill colibri. You got there by killing crabs, pugils, beetles and bats with the occasional mandragora thrown in. Leveling in FFXI was never hard, this game doesn't have any difficulty build in. The difficulty is in finding the people to do stuff with, the difficulty of FFXI is in the meta game which most of you are determined to be a$$hats about.

I kind of agree with you. The issue here is this Define: Difficult.
I take issue with the general statement of 'throw this job at it' ESPECIALLY pre abyssea. In the modern day the 'you need this job to be involved' can be gotten away with. It is extremely easy to level any job in less than a week. It is extremely easy to cap any skill in a matter of hours. Gear can be gained in 2 ways: 1) Eminent Armor and Weapons are a great starting place with no effort, and can easily be upgraded to reforged/delve etc with minimal more effort.

The point is that is post abyssea.

Pre Abyssea using a 'just throw this job at it' argument is not helpful at all. The reason is because there are many players like me for example who I played Black Mage and it took me a year and half to get it to 75. Pre abyssea only those who were well beyond casual or there focus as a casual was leveling and not much else, really had multiple jobs to choose from.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-02-28 23:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

palladin9479 said: »

Throwing "flavour of the month" jobs at events got boring for me back in 2006. Nowadays, I like to discuss with my group what jobs we all feel comfortable with and try to make that work. Playing optimal jobs can be fun but I find myself more satisfied when we all get what we want and do it jobs we feel right with.

My meta-game has been what crazy strategy can we try based on what we have :D
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-02-28 23:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Be. More. Specific.

Do I give a ***about one-upping and competition, not even a little bit. Despise NASCAR baseball basketball, essentially all forms of human competition.

Does my job(s) force me to be nice to humans so I compensate by being a massive *** online, absolutely.

I like you sometimes. I hate you sometimes. This just just *** moronic though. You make no *** sense, and the basis of your argument is traffic? What the literal ***? Is this real life? The claims you are making right now do not make any *** sense at all. Don't you have more threads to make about being butthurt?
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-02-28 23:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
Be. More. Specific.

I like you sometimes. I hate you sometimes. This just just *** moronic though. You make no *** sense, and the basis of your argument is traffic? What the literal ***? Is this real life? The claims you are making right now do not make any *** sense at all. Don't you have more threads to make about being butthurt?

His viewpoint on life makes plenty of sense to me as I know plenty of people with the same views. And there are plenty of examples in this game and real life besides traffic too. I think he just used the first one that came to mind.

I don't share the same viewpoint as Valli but I don't feel its hard to understand nor does it make no sense.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-03-01 00:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Humans sole purpose on this planet is to be "in the way"

Wrong.
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-03-01 00:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Orlind said: »
Be. More. Specific.

His viewpoint on life makes plenty of sense to me as I know plenty of people with the same views. And there are plenty of examples in this game and real life besides traffic too. I think he just used the first one that came to mind.

I don't share the same viewpoint as Valli but I don't feel its hard to understand nor does it make no sense.

I think you are misinterpreting the implications. It doesn't make sense because it's *** dumb. Ignore the fact that it literally didn't make sense, with everything he said being wrong, it was just dumb.
By Ulthakptah 2015-03-01 00:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You and I are playing two very different games. I think it has more to do with servers though. I've only been on one the entire time I have played ffxi, but I know some people that have server hopped before. They have mentioned how strange the server feels because of everyone helping each other, and described their past server much like you are now.

I actually have numerous stories of me being a dumb newbie and being helped time and time again. They are actually some of my better memories of the game. I remember my first starlight celebration. I was new to the game and only like level 15 at the time. A JP player helped me get a dream hat +1 and all the trees from the cities. At the time it was astounding because we could only communicate with the auto translate feature.

Anyway, I suggest going out of your way to help someone even if it won't benefit you. It's what I do on my server. Maybe it will start a trend on yours if you do it.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-03-01 00:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Be. More. Specific.

I think you are misinterpreting the implications. It doesn't make sense because it's *** dumb. Ignore the fact that it literally didn't make sense, with everything he said being wrong, it was just dumb.

Everything you just said sounds like you just disagree with the viewpoint though. What may seem dumb to you is actually how some do live and thrive.

What I don't understand actually is the aggression you've shown so far from a difference of opinion...
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-03-01 00:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really play FFXI anymore, decided to check out info for march version update to see if it's worth coming back. Then I see pages and pages of MMORPG butthurt.

What's going on? o_o

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-03-01 00:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Be. More. Specific.

Everything you just said sounds like you just disagree with the viewpoint though. What may seem dumb to you is actually how some do live and thrive.

What I don't understand actually is the aggression you've shown so far from a difference of opinion...

You can't really tell what people are showing through text over the internet. I would like to know how you came to such a conclusion? Would assist me greatly in my endeavors of understanding the human race.

I could interpret you right now being some kind of troll showing aggression towards me because you don't like my opinion, but I would rather not straw man this conversation to some pathetic response that the core of my response has nothing to do with anything but me having a deeper issue of anger towards someone that was simply sharing an opinion and that my mother must not love me or something. I also feel you have no idea who valli is given your responses.

I really should listen to my buddies when they say to stay away from the forums. I just get so bored sometimes and bite this crap. I apologize for rustling any jimmies and will excuse myself now.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-03-01 00:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Be. More. Specific.

You can't really tell what people are showing through text over the internet. I would like to know how you came to such a conclusion? Would assist me greatly in my endeavors of understanding the human race.

I could interpret you right now being some kind of troll showing aggression towards me because you don't like my opinion, but I would rather not straw man this conversation to some pathetic response that the core of my response has nothing to do with anything but me having a deeper issue of anger towards someone that was simply sharing an opinion and that my mother must not love me or something. I also feel you have no idea who valli is given your responses.

I really should listen to my buddies when they say to stay away from the forums. I just get so bored sometimes and bite this crap. I apologize for rustling any jimmies and will excuse myself now.

Actually, I think your viewpoint might be closer to mine than either of us are to Valli. I've read and replied to enough of Valli's posts and threads to get some idea of the type of person he appears to be, especially since he proclaims to purposely be an ***.

In my opinion, I find both Valli's viewpoint and your disagreement of it to be about equally valid. I admit my asking of your aggression though only comes from your response comment to Valli but this last comment looks like you're likely to be defensive toward Valli due to previous encounters. So I feel satisfied with my inquiry, thanks.
 Bismarck.Dew
Server: Bismarck
user: Dew
By Bismarck.Dew 2015-03-01 01:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

109 will probably be the basic pattern. Matching material like beetle blood + some mat that drops in abyssea or from the vnms.

119 will probably be ether A:

One of the vnm drops
Igneous Barnacle
Muculent Ingot
Kidney Stone
Ethereal Squama
Befouled Silver
Pelt of Dawon

Plus one new slot based drop from Vagary

B:

One rare Prov/Legion mat
Ormolu Ingot
Penelope's Cloth
Staghorn Coral
Serica Cloth
Scarletite Ingot

Plus one new slot based drop from Vagary.

C: Mix of both A and B.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-03-01 09:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ethereal Squama.......hell to the no.

Sometimes going from clear to colorful is amazingly grueling, but there's no limit yo how many you can pop. However, colorful to yellow is one per six zones, which repop every 30. The supply for these would be so low compared to the demand, it would make one piece of gear horribly expensive to complete.

Not gonna happen. If it does, buukki of Lakshmi has played his last day.
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-03-01 10:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless of how dumb Valli may/may not be, out right jumping to "dumb," "*** dumb," "*** moronic," etc, is uh, aggression. Might be a good idea to understand yourself and what you broadcast to people as a whole before you try and understand the human race. Or maybe you're just one of those internet tuff guys that no one can ever understand.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-01 10:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI really has lost that sense of community we once had in the old days. Too many of us have grown to be jaded and pessimistic in the years since release and too many who aren't have moved on to ther things.

One recent example I can think of was helping people synergize belts, gorgets and obis. I do pretty good making them (my furnace never explodes and most times I get 1/1). The few times I shouted I would do it for free as long as fewell is paid for, I got angry, sarcastic response from people saying I was dumb for doing it free or told to let people get Synergy levelled up themselves.

Maybe it's the modern age of solo or lowman content found in most modern MMOs that means none of us have to talk to each other. But even in other MMOs, I never had a hard time getting people talking if I started shouting a topic or something similar.

The last person I talked to outside my LS was Slyshen two months ago because he asked a question about my gear. Even in shout runs, it's all business and no talk at all. Just hellos and goodbyes.

This is true with every MMO I've ever played. People only care about those around them when it helps them achieve a difficult goal.

I bet if you did a survey on every server. The majority would say they rather be able to solo most of the content. And just have a "population" for socializing.
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-03-01 14:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lyncath said: »
Empyrean reforge had better god damn be locked behind a 'Superior II' job gift.

Letting some *** who has burned to Lv99 on a job get access to what could well be a game-breaking or rather job-breaking armor set with close to no effort would be a serious "*** you" to some.

Some birds need to be flipped.

First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14