Returning Player To The Game!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Returning Player to the game!
Returning Player to the game!
First Page 2
 Asura.Kaari
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: KaariLaLa
By Asura.Kaari 2015-02-26 11:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp I've been absent from this game for a very very long time, And I have decided to come back, I rolled a new character, and had a lot of fun leveling Thief from 1-71 without Abyssea. But then I Ground out on Worms to 99.

Well I played for a while after that, 2 weeks or So, and I started to notice Something kinda crappy... I couldn't Actually do anything...

The amount of Acc you need in this game to do any of the current endgame content is a huge Wall that's preventing me from moving forward. I need Accuracy to do the events, But i can't get the Acc gear without those events. So after i finally got a Sandung, and messed around a bit longer, trying to do Skirmish i Decided im going to level up COR.

I ground it from 30 to 99 on Worms in Two days and am currently working on Skilling it up

I have quite a bit of gear is ent over from my old Character to boost it up, but obviously i have a lot of work to do still..

I'm looking for a group of people who's willing to accept a COR coming into the game once again from a long long time ago to help me out so I can finally get back into having some fun in this game, If anyone on the Asura server has a place for a COR please let me know, Im usually on every day under the name Imorielle.

TL;DR I'm trying to get back into the swing of the game with a group of people to have some fun with this game again! If on Asura, Send me a Tell let's do some things! I'm a quick Learner! :D
[+]
 Phoenix.Elizabet
Server: Phoenix
user: Elizabet
By Phoenix.Elizabet 2015-03-01 22:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you grab gear from the Record of Eminence? (refered to as Spark Gear) they should bridge your gap.
[+]
By mortontony1 2015-03-01 22:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah between the sparks gear and hitting things in reives (for easy info) you should be able to skill up pretty quickly.
[+]
 Asura.Kaari
By Asura.Kaari 2015-03-03 13:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i got sparks gear, As just an update in case people still lookin at this, and it'll help my chances at finding a group of people to play with.

As of now i have Rudra's storm unlocked for my THF Finally.

I Have i109 Body/Feet for my THF, working on Zilart a bit at a time so i can get them to 119.

my COR is all skilled up now, i got lead salute, i got a "decent" MaB Set for QD and Leaden Salute, just missing Pixie hairpin +1. My cor does about 7k Lead Salutes at 3k TP ( I dunno if that's weak or not for that WS i just wanna post my number, for reference sake)
I Got access to Dyna Xarc last night so hopefully ill have my COR Hat/THF Gloves soon so i can get those to 109 for Dem Bonuses!.

Other then that, im just slowly working on my Gear. Noone has accepted me into a Delve group, so i still havnt got any of that gear. my THF is sitting at around 970 Acc with food so i think im good to go as far as being able to do content on that Job, im working on my COR still though
By Chyula 2015-03-03 13:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Spark gear! SMFH, at least get the bayld gear for tp set. Cor just need a freaking ring and you'll get party invite even if your naked. Use cor to get delve invite to build up that thf, and buy your JSE thf knife. One more thing make sure you augment those bayld gear for the extra hp to survive.

One more thing ask a friend to solo wkr for dagger and a few tp armor, yumcax and kamuh will be the only two you'll have problem dual it and the other is a 15-30mins grind.
[+]
 Asura.Kaari
By Asura.Kaari 2015-03-03 14:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i have a few Bayld pieces, and i have Iuitl Headpiece with an Augment, i didnt know you could Augment the Bayld gear though? x.x i wish i knew that! Gosh.

I also do have the JSE Dagger/Gun for my THF and COR, im offhanding the Eminent Dagger until i can afford the Homestead Dagger for offhand purposes, im also trying to grind out for Jugo Kukri, but getting people for that is pretty damn difficult so far.

I need to do more Adoulin Quests so WKR arent 30k Bayld each, But with so much other stuff im trying to catch up on it hasnt been a fast pace boost.

And yeah i have that awesome +5 Phantom Roll Ring, but it's still prevented me from getting groups people just dont like my gear They're prolly being leetist, sure, but it's an issue im having so im having to deal with it ^^ Im gettin there though, little bit at a time.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-03 14:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
kamuh

where did you get this?

Asura.Kaari said: »
Yeah i have a few Bayld pieces, and i have Iuitl Headpiece with an Augment, i didnt know you could Augment the Bayld gear though? x.x i wish i knew that! Gosh.

And yeah i have that awesome +5 Phantom Roll Ring, but it's still prevented me from getting groups people just dont like my gear They're prolly being leetist, sure, but it's an issue im having so im having to deal with it ^^ Im gettin there though, little bit at a time.

Chyula is on same server as you. He said he will lent you cash to build your gear and let you leech delve wins.

Send a /tell to chyula.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-03-03 14:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

And prepare to see the most horrible subligar WAR taru in ffxi cleaving fodders like a pro.
By lucidious 2015-03-03 14:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

you are more than welcome to join my ls and I will be glad to give a hand whenever possible. I kinda get stretched thin at times from helping but ill lend a hand any time I can. look for me in game and send me a tell and ill give u a pearl. you can also send a tell to krosis, alphinaud, duelly, messy, gesetz and say I wanted u to have a pearl and they will get it done
[+]
By Chyula 2015-03-03 14:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Chyula said: »
kamuh

where did you get this?

Chyula is on same server as you. He said he will lent you cash to build your gear and let you leech delve wins.

Send a /tell to chyula.

that lion from ice area, I don't remember its name. but whatever thf don't need anything from there.

I wish I can help but ASURAN been so cheap and no one giving me 1,999k T.T, so NO MONEY.
By Chyula 2015-03-03 14:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

And prepare to see the most horrible subligar WAR taru in ffxi cleaving fodders like a pro.

Wait, you talking about my sexy subligar?
[+]
 Asura.Kaari
By Asura.Kaari 2015-03-03 15:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao, Thank you guys so much for the responces and ill definately follow up on some of these when i get home.

and thank you for not being jerks ._. my past experience with putting myself out there like this in an established community hasn't always been great.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kaari
By Asura.Kaari 2015-03-03 16:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Send a /tell to chyula.[/quote]
Lol well i don't want to leech, But i don't believe im "useless" either, with how Adoulin works though i need so much Acc to be able to even do the events assosiated with it, But i cant get the Acc without doing the events x.x it's such a Catch 22 that's really making it a pain in my rear to get going with. But i somehow managed to collect enough Acc to get by me thinks.
 Asura.Kaari
By Asura.Kaari 2015-03-03 16:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
a cute avatar and a polite demeanor goes a very long way on the internet.

you already got the phantom roll+5 ring nice!~ half done lol
be sure to check out the gun "doomsday" on bgwiki. it will serve you well if you come across alluvion skirmish shouts and/or milldopt wings to purchase one yourself.
Hmmm I like this guns stats would be great for WSing. But my Broke *** enjoys the cardless use Bonus from the JSE >.< lol

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kaari
By Asura.Kaari 2015-03-03 17:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

a cute avatar and a polite demeanor goes a very long way on the internet. you already got the phantom roll+5 ring nice!~ half done lol be sure to check out the gun "doomsday" on bgwiki. it will serve you well if you come across alluvion skirmish shouts and/or milldopt wings to purchase one yourself.
Hmmm I like this guns stats would be great for WSing. But my Broke *** enjoys the cardless use Bonus from the JSE >.< lol
The augments it can acquire are what make it a badass, maybe even tool useage hmmm

bgwiki alluvion weapons page lists some of the augments but since 33% of the augments come from brand new content last week, it's not fully updated.
Ohhh, so these you can pick and choose "at least in theory" what you wanna augment on it based o which type of upgrade stone you use? Kindaneet.. But yeah im no where near being able to participate in that yet ^^; So ill just keep drooling on the info pages, haha.

thank you for the heads up though ill definately aim for this gun on my COR.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kaari
By Asura.Kaari 2015-03-03 17:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

the event is not hard, I had a video about hexa-boxing it in another thread. you could be completely naked and still win easily just as the book person lol

I would unlock watercrafting KI
logging KI
Climbing KI
Ice chipping KI

asap so you can move around adoulin zones freely~
Yeah i need to get Climbing, And Ice chipping still, i dont think ive even been to the Frozen zone yet.

Ive been doing so much stuff outside of Adoulin zones lately.
Mostly when i get home on weekdays its trying to get the Dynamis Zone wins, I finally managed to clear through Beacedine yesterday ^^ Tonight i go into Xarc to Farm gear, then i can go back to other zones for other pieces.

As far as Incursion goes, its prolly not hard, but on my Server i see people shouting for Normal difficulty Macro Sphere fights shouting for 119 only jobs, x.x im on a pretty picky server, or maybe just unlucky and only see the Leetist shouts? lol who knows.

Since coming back to the game ive had fun even though ive been told to piss off a lot, I don't let it get to me and just go do something else to entertain myself :3

Maybe this Thread will pan out though, and Mr Lucidious' Group will be a good fit for a lil newblet like me to fit in with
 Asura.Kaari
By Asura.Kaari 2015-03-03 17:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

you already got the phantom roll+5 ring nice!~ half done lol
be sure to check out the gun "doomsday" on bgwiki. it will serve you well if you come across alluvion skirmish shouts and/or milldopt wings to purchase one yourself.

Actually i been meaning to get info for this everyone i ask has no idea.

As far as the COR +5 Ring goes, it boosted my rolls a lot, Bolter's roll for example went from like 20% to 40% Movement on an 11 roll..

does the +50 from the hat make Rolls rediculous? or is the +50 Weighed differently then the +5 ring?
By Pantafernando 2015-03-03 18:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Then you discover the cute girl pic hides a old fat dude.
 Asura.Kaari
By Asura.Kaari 2015-03-03 18:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao... you're so opptomistic!
By Pantafernando 2015-03-03 18:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao... you're so opptomistic!

Omg, lol.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-03-05 17:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

These days you can almost skip incursion entirely.

In fact with the new alluvion skirmish armor being so awesome, you can almost skip regular skirmish as well.

One thing you might keep an eye out for as a COR is SMN burn alluvion skirmish. I used to do these a lot with Tricked, not so much anymore, but we'd take 5 SMN and 1 COR. The COR doesn't need any gear for this really, just follow us around keeping rolls up. If you shoot stuff you'd just end up tanking anyway, and we prefer to let the avatars tank. If you see me online feel free to drop a /tell to see if we're doing one of these soon and I'd be happy to take you. That'd be a good way to get a couple alluvion weapons.
By Elizabet 2015-03-06 02:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi there Pergatory, Elizabet on Asura here. SMN main here hit me up! I have yet to do the Alluvion skirmishes and I would love the learn the ropes.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-03-06 22:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it seems like there's maybe 1 piece per set that's still useful for a given job, kinda sad. That's progress though, I suppose! And a lot of it still makes good damage taken gear.
By KaariLaLa 2015-03-10 12:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill take any progress i can get really. right now i only have THF and COR leveled but i plan to do Warrior and Dragoon eventually. So i wanna keep doing Skirmishes and stuff, if not for fun, then for gear my off jobs can use when they get there.

anyways, ive not found a stable group of people to play with yet, for like Delve and whatnot if anyones interested in a THF/COR/Future Job TBA.

my THF is rolling with 990Acc with food up so i can hit ***at least xP ima start working on my COR soon for Acc stuff. I need to find Main/Offhand for this damn job but most of the i119 Dagger/Swords COR Cant use >< So it's been a struggle lol

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2