Forum » FFXI » General » Official Forums
Official Forums
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-02-26 08:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I have misgivings about posting something like this as it could go south rather quickly, but my curiosity has gotten the best of me.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced much more extreme modding on the official forums recently. I just got permanently banned from them this past week for reasons I personally find a bit flimsy, but then I realize I'm a tad biased.

I totally get that they can ban me for any or no reason, and also that it's really no big loss. I'm curious though if I was singled out or if anyone else has faced any recent temp or perma bans for spurious reasons. If anyone is curious I'd be glad to share the emails I got from SE.

If nothing else, at least be warned before wading into that cesspool that their mods might be on the rampage. Luckily my access to the game has not been affected (you can put the party favors away for now).
[+]
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-02-26 08:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I got temp banned for casually talking about a windower plugin, they usually have a reason to ban people.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-02-26 08:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a temp ban for offhandedly mentioning that dat mines exist on the Internet.
I don't use third party tools.
But apparently that's a ban for mentioning that others do.

I also know of multiple people who got temp and full bans for using the word "bitching"...
So...
Yeah.
The mods on the OF are weird.
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-02-26 08:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Some times mods do have to be heavy handed just to keep the peace. Realistically, the official forums is full of trolls, haters and people who wish this was still 75 cap sky with store tp before genbu for Spirits within.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-26 08:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I got perma-banned because people like to spam the report button often.

It's not that the mods were overly biased, but lazy in their jobs.

The mods couldn't even give me an excuse as to why they banned me either when I questioned them at the time. They said that after a certain number of reports, they just issue bans regardless.

So, if you want to abuse the system, by all means go for it. Hit that report button and hit it often.
 Siren.Sieha
By Siren.Sieha 2015-02-26 08:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If only people could be banned for opinions.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-26 08:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »

Its not opinion, but a diferent opinion.
Nowaday just need a simple disagrement to go apeshit.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-02-26 08:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
I just got permanently banned

LOL!

Well.... you've come to the right place! Welcome to the Island of Misfit Toys (aka as FFXIAH) We're all misfits!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-02-26 08:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You can over there!
[+]
 Siren.Sieha
By Siren.Sieha 2015-02-26 09:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »

You can over there!

It used to happen here too. thats what happened with my first account on here. Doesnt seem to be a problem now.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-26 09:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get banned for just about anything on the OF's. I believe their mod team is also their GM team which means they are probably overworked, stressed out, and possibly thin-skinned. I've actually been banned for 'trolling' just because I answered a question and again because I said I disagreed with the direction FFXI was going but was going to see where it ended up.

Personally, I think their mods ban on reports rather than looking at said reports.

EDIT: I think Sylow said he was banned from OFs for no real reason about the same time as my second ban. This was during the R/M/E rage, the JP mods were allowed to abuse their authority at will.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-26 09:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Personally, I think their mods ban on reports rather than looking at said reports.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-26 09:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

But you'll miss out on important topics such as:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46050-Final-Fantasy-XI-for-New-Nintendo-3DS
[+]