Forum » FFXI » General » Alluvian Ra'Kaznar Augment wiped, mountain of salt
Alluvian Ra'Kaznar Augment wiped, mountain of salt
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-22 15:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Just putting this up a few months in advance, so that no one can steal my personal joy when the time comes to make the thread. You don't need to post yet, the plan is to necro bump this in a couple months, but to have it up first.

Please post:
The number of stones you wasted
The amount of gil you spent on additional stones wasted
The number of times you did Yorcia to get more stones
The perfect augs you were dumb enough to think wouldn't get erased
The number of sets you made that got erased
The statement that you're rage-quitting because you thought you'd get a 4th slot instead of +1'd gear and didn't learn from the past.

Your responses will be used to insight sexual arousal, (weird ***turns me on, like your sadness).
[+]
By mortontony1 2015-02-22 15:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So is your plan just to get the base armor, not use/augment it for probably 6+ months until they +1?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-02-22 15:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

it's considerably cheaper to augment this time around considering you can get good augs with just +1 stones so i don't think there will be as much salt
[+]
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-02-22 16:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

People who spend millions of gil to get max augs make no sense to me either, though I do enjoy making a fortune off of their determination. I do understand your frustration with random augs, but I don't see the issue with farming your own crap to get useful gear for awhile. Until they shut the servers down, you will always run the risk of having gear you farm becoming obsolete in the future. I agree I wouldn't spend tons of gil on random augs, but using stones you get while farming your own gear or helping friends get their gear... doesn't seem too ignorant from my point of view. I'd rather see augments like WKR gear or even Delve T1-5 gear, but it's not as pointless/frustrating as people claim if you don't let it be.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-02-22 16:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's almost like gil is easy to get.
[+]
By mortontony1 2015-02-22 16:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

'I'm just going to use my lvl 1 starter gear from now on, they'll just end up making all the other gear obsolete at some point.
[+]
 Bismarck.Cooops
Server: Bismarck
user: coops
By Bismarck.Cooops 2015-02-23 02:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I have mountains of gil to piss away.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-23 03:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, your thread was demained on first page.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-02-23 03:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The new skirmish wont work in the erasing augment way. It upgrades your old stuff by adding a new slot with a new Stone type.
 Cerberus.Zephr
Server: Cerberus
user: zephr
By Cerberus.Zephr 2015-02-23 08:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cooops said: »
I have mountains of gil to piss away.

ps. miss u
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-02-23 12:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm very happy with the new system so far, the randomness of Outer Reknazar made me hate it with a passion but the different stone system they use now is pretty controllable. For instance: I wouldn't be surprised if I had spent over 100m on Wailing stone+2s since Outer Rek came out, in that 100m I have got exactly zero DA+2s, and one Crit+2. This is unacceptable randomness. The new Skirmish it's pretty common to get a max Triple Attack augment in a stack of stones, and they only have to be +1 so the cost is low as well! The fact that I've already seen (and have) tons of awesome augments on my gear and it's a week in is great and shows this system is way better. It also makes it way less annoying if they do upgrade the gear because the cost, time, and randomness is so much lower.
By Zackan 2015-02-23 12:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Just putting this up a few months in advance, so that no one can steal my personal joy when the time comes to make the thread. You don't need to post yet, the plan is to necro bump this in a couple months, but to have it up first.

Please post:
The number of stones you wasted
The amount of gil you spent on additional stones wasted
The number of times you did Yorcia to get more stones
The perfect augs you were dumb enough to think wouldn't get erased
The number of sets you made that got erased
The statement that you're rage-quitting because you thought you'd get a 4th slot instead of +1'd gear and didn't learn from the past.

Your responses will be used to insight sexual arousal, (weird ***turns me on, like your sadness).

You do realize that you could just replace augs with <insert gear that you no longer use here> and most people's entire ffxi career could be made fun of the exact same way... and yet if the game doesn't grow new content and new gear to fetch people also quit the game. It makes no sense to me other than what a lot of people seem to hate about random augments is a lack of control. The blurry line of how many times do I have to realistically do these augments to get the ones I want vs how many times do I have to kill this monster to get my drop seems to really rub some people the wrong way, and why I cannot say because I have no clue why.

When in a prior linkshell before I quit and returned I remember salt.. like... one guy spent a ton of time maxing throwing skill when the cap was level 75 just so Suzaku was not as hard a fight for their linkshell. And now you can solo Suzaku almost naked with almost any job. Where is your salt Valli? :P Omg now your Suzuaku runs are obsolete lets make fun of it.

I wouldn't do that but my point is, if other people enjoy it and you don't, why rain on their parade? Just go do something you enjoy. All content, all gear will eventually become obsolete in a game that progresses with updates.

Wait what is the more painful part.... That he skilled throwing just to do Suzuaku and now Suzuaku is soloable?
or
That Throwing can be capped in about 6 hours or so.. 0-cap and he knows he went through all that effort doing it the hardway^^
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-23 13:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Insight
noun
an instance of apprehending the true nature of a thing, especially through intuitive understanding:

Incite
verb:
encourage or stir up (violent or unlawful behavior).
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-23 20:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering what augments everyone has been receiving from their duskdim stones vs. duskslit? Has anyone seen a notable variance in the cieling granted by a +1 vs NQ?
By Pantafernando 2015-02-24 02:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
I was wondering what augments everyone has been receiving from their duskdim stones vs. duskslit? Has anyone seen a notable variance in the cieling granted by a +1 vs NQ?

Dim are magic stones, slit are melee stones.

People have been maxing with hq1, not sure about nq, though i think i got a fc5 and aspir/drain +5 in a helios with nq. I would guess all the nq/hq1/hq2 have same range, but the probability of maxes varies. Nq still gives you a lot of +1s stats.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2015-02-24 05:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Know how I know they aren't doing +1 armor via Rakaznar?

The Cirdas/Rala weapons can't be upgraded via Yorcia.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-03-02 13:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »
Know how I know they aren't doing +1 armor via Rakaznar?

The Cirdas/Rala weapons can't be upgraded via Yorcia.

....yes they can. They added dusk stones which.... add an extra slot, even to weapons, are dropped from Yorcia. Not Cirdas or Rala, Yorcia.
Your above claims have no validity, as the weapons could go on to having a 4th slot as well.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-03-03 08:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Think there is a chance they make augmentable accessories? Would be interesting if they went to neck, earring, waist and rings for the next skirmish.