Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Getting expansions for Xbox 360
Getting expansions for Xbox 360
By Boscage 2015-02-22 09:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm coming back to the game in a week and I have everything but my friend is gonna get the game for the Xbox 360 and I saw in a seperate forum that he could just get the ffxi disc to download the actual game then get the ultimate expansion on steam or the square enix page and link the code to his account and have everything for around $40 instead of $150. Is that accurate or does he have to get all the discs for installation?
By Pantafernando 2015-02-22 09:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

My understanding is that ultimate seekers install everything (i use that on mine btw), while just the SoA expansion would require i. All separated expansions or ii. The previous ultimate (abyssea ultimate or whatever).
By Boscage 2015-02-22 09:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Right but does he need the actual disc or can he just use the basic ffxi disc and get the code for the ultimate seekers online? Or does he need the ultimate seekers disc?
 Odin.Korebin
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Korebin
By Odin.Korebin 2015-02-22 09:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You would need the actual disc to be able to install the game locally. Other wise you will have the expansion unlocked and not be able to access it.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-22 09:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Boscage said: »
Right but does he need the actual disc or can he just use the basic ffxi disc and get the code for the ultimate seekers online? Or does he need the ultimate seekers disc?

You need the a soa disc to install the new content, but I dont know if, after installing SoA, the game would ran with an old disc.
 Odin.Korebin
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Korebin
By Odin.Korebin 2015-02-22 09:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
You need the a soa disc to install the new content, but I dont know if, after installing SoA, the game would ran with an old disc.
I assume it would, but I've never tried it. I just always used the newest disc I had and just left it in the Xbox.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-22 09:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You need the actual disc to install the software at least once, then any disc to play the game, it doesn't matter which after it's installed.

The codes are another story, can have them activated from any copy.

The add on scenarios+ abyssea are the only content that will install on it's own from the update process, everything else you need to install.

So say you have the disc for seekers, they just have the original disc, but they bought all of the codes for PC and activated them, you could install the full game on his console with your disc, then he could play off his (as the 360 requires a disc to run).

They sold both just the seekers and the seekers collection for the 360, if you just get the expansion (which you can get from amazon) you would still need the other discs to install the base game and the other expansions.

edit: just be glad he's US instead of EU, the game is harder to find on the 360 in the EU, aka more expensive.

edit2: you can use used discs (as long as they're in good condition) as long as you have the activation codes registered already, say from like a steam discount one day.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-22 09:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Korebin said: »
Pantafernando said: »
I assume it would, but I've never tried it. I just always used the newest disc I had and just left it in the Xbox.
Yes it will run with any disc once the content is installed.
By Boscage 2015-02-22 10:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright thanks guys