Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Fast Bayld?
Fast Bayld?
By Datass 2015-02-20 12:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quickie question: What is the most time efficient way for a returning player to make Bayld fast? I am back only a week and quit at SoA release so I don't I have much Adoulin "fame" and haven't done WKR yet at all. I have a friend who wants to help me get some WKR wins this weekend and I need to earn enough Bayld to buy entry items (I do have enough fame to buy them now). I have been spamming chapuli wing turn-ins as fast as Impr. refresh and I turned my copper vouchers into Bayld. I was literally going to go out and just kill Colonization and Lair Rieves on my BST unless someone has a better idea.

In case you're wondering "what's the rush?", my playtime during the week doesn't match his and we happen to have time Saturday to get clears- I don't want to waste that time farming because I am short on Bayld.

Thanks in advance!!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-20 12:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Skirmish bayld run: buy simulacrum 111, yorcia is better but currently the prices should have skyrocket. So cirdas.

There are 3 possible noetic accession spawn places: 2 are quickly accessed by walk, the third one requires you to clear the left room mobs to break the wall, but with trusts should be easy. A simulacrum 111 will net 5k bayld, though at the cost of some cash.
 Asura.Llaessnar
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Llaessnar
By Asura.Llaessnar 2015-02-20 12:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Clear a path with Colo/Lair reive in the way, repeat again and again. Could always go for skirmish, entering and getting bayld from noetic and exit.
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2015-02-20 12:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I made thousands of Bayld by doing Supply deliveries, cost really nothing with the Home Point abuse. It may take some time for ranking up, but in the end, it's so worth it. Clock out very high Bayld for each run.

It's also great for leveling low level jobs.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-02-20 13:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

They fixed that by lowering the reward by half and allowing direct warps via waypoint without penalties.
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2015-02-20 13:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, they patched it? That sucks =/
By Pantafernando 2015-02-20 13:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Novadragon said: »
Ah, they patched it? That sucks =/

I think its 4500 for kamihr with one imprimateur. Still a considerable amount.
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2015-02-20 13:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, you probably won't need more bayld than enough for 1 or 2 runs. Unless you join a WKR as it's ending, you'll almost always make back the bayld you spend for the KI during the WKR.

Buy a KI for the WKR, do the event and get the clear (and a stack of bayld), go buy another KI with the bayld you just recieved. Lather, rinse, repeat.
[+]
By Datass 2015-02-20 14:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys, all good advice. Since i am getting a crash course in WKR's I'm assuming I should get a good outlay of Bayld then. I think I currently have enough to buy like 3 entry items, so maybe I'm actually in pretty good shape after all. I need to unlock fragmenting and pulverizing tonight anyhow, so I will just plow the nearby reives and that should push my total up!
By Datass 2015-02-24 16:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Update!!
So, in an effort to collect all the home point crystals near the WKR's I ended up soloing quite a few Colonization Reives. And that gave me enough Bayld to buy a few KI's for WKR. And when I attended the WKR and participated and we won, I got some nice Bayld- which led to me being able to buy more entry KI's. Rinse and repeat!

Made for a very productive Saturday. Jumped in a Morimar WKR shout, saw the mechanics, won and got Bayld and RoE KI. Same for Kamir Drifts (though the NM was decidedly harder- I had to run in and out repeatedly to avoid the AoE's or I was face down in my own yellow snow...)
Then I decided to run my own shouts and got the other 4 WKR done and got uber lucky on THF drops- Atoyac and Canny Cape as well as a few nice upgrades for WAR and BST.

Next question is a macro question... with the advent of /equipset, I can start to house gear swaps in my ws macros. Here is how I currently have a macro written:

/equipset 11
/ja "Sneak Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ws "Rudra's Storm" <t>

Do I need the wait between the ja and the ws (been a loooong time since I wrote a macro...)

And for reg. ws macro:

/equipset 11
/wait 1
/ws "Rudra's Storm" <t>

Do I need the /wait in there or does it process the gear swap prior to activating ws?

Sorry for the semi-noobish questions, but when last I played, I didn't really use THF in any capacity beyond farming and the whole /equipset thing is completely new. Thanks for your patience and help!

Bonus question!!- Hard to find any definitive info online related to Jugo Kukri. I know it's dropped off the Unity NM bird and that fight costs 3500 accolades. Can't find anything about drop rates or if the bird also drops the +1 or if that is upgraded only (from NQ). If it's upgrade, what is the item/items?

Sorry for a million questions- I am so excited to be playing this game again that my brain goes 1000 mph about FFXI when I'm AFK lol.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-24 16:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

For macros, i personally would use separated macros for sa/ta, because sometimes your char can attack between that 1 sec, and consume your sa/ta. instead your ws, but using both at same time prob will work most of times.

For ws macro, you dont need to use wait after changing gear, but you need a wait to return for your tp gear. This is what i use:

/equipset 1
/ws "rudra's storm" <t> <wait 1>
/equipset 2

being 1 your ws gear and 2 your tp gear.

The coffer drops both nq and hq kukries obviously more rare the hq. The drop rate of nq is so so. I dont have number, but normally i can get one gear item for each 40k used (marin or jugo).

To upgrade you need the birds feather that also drops from coffer most of time, 50 of those plus 10k accolades.
By Datass 2015-02-24 17:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Thanks for the reply- I will try out your macro advice and see how it goes. I was worried that I would autoattack between the SA and Rudra's if I didn't have them stacked in the same macro, but it sounds like it actually works in the other direction.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-02-24 17:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The 1 second wait time between Sneak Attack and Weaponskill is the time it takes for Sneak Attack to activate and you'll instantly weaponskill right after, practically in 1 action. There's almost zero chance of you getting a melee hit in before weaponskill goes of.

I've always found you have more chance of wasting Sneak Attack if you have to hit 2 macro's to stack a weaponskill. But I guess it's whatever you're used to.
By Datass 2015-02-24 17:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
The 1 second wait time between Sneak Attack and Weaponskill is the time it takes for Sneak Attack to activate and you'll instantly weaponskill right after, practically in 1 action. There's almost zero chance of you getting a melee hit in before weaponskill goes of.

I've always found you have more chance of wasting Sneak Attack if you have to hit 2 macro's to stack a weaponskill. But I guess it's whatever you're used to.

That's what I always thought too, but like I said, my experience with THF was limited so I figured I'd ask.
By Datass 2015-02-26 08:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

As an aside- Anyone have any tips on a fast way to churn out accolades? I'm trying to do the RoE Unity quests but it seems like they are slow to accumulate. I thought I read somewhere about people doing x,y,z to cap them and go run "Wanted NM's". Seems like getting to 50k accolades would take like 48 hours of playtime- am I missing something?