Random Augments
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-20 09:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this has been a hot button topic for a while now. Just want you to know you aren't the only one.

Random Augment *** is -NOT- acceptable. I've refused to do ANY of it, ever since the the beginning with Evoliths.

I know full well that I've missed out on time frames where the best gear was augmentable, but in that time frame, time and money has gone to things that actually matter longer than 6 months. We can't possibly stay 119 much longer... (for the love of *** I hope not...)

Everything with a random aug becomes outdated. And costs far too much time, even for an MMO. So if you're ok with the Random Augment ***. More power to you, I wish you the best random augments you can possibly get.

There is zero chance in hell, I'll ever bother with new skirmish just like the previous ones. We're getting to a state where the random is overwhelming. There's a point of too much god damn random. And this is it.

FIVE new *** sets of gear with one hundred million random augments AGAIN? #nope. Ain't nobody got time for that.

And make no mistake they're going to KEEP DOING IT. Because you KEEP DOING IT. It doesn't matter how much you *** about losing your augments over and over, as long as you keep showing them you're stupid enough to keep augmenting them.

Static augments, that you feed stones to cap out, are acceptable. But this is non-sense.

Save your butthurt comments, no one is butthurt. Valli will not ever be butthurt. I do wish for worthwhile content though, so "consider" saying *** skirmish, just like ***, and maybe JUST maybe, they'll ease up on the amount of Random Augment ***.

(They won't)
((however if you're one of those people that SELL items to the people who like the random augments, you're awesome! laugh it up all the way to the bank son.))
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-20 09:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I never liked random augments, I commented on it even way before soa came out when they made that feedback thread on the of. I like augments you can chose, like addons', wotg reward and delve, but things such as skirmish and synergy abj are bs.
[+]
By Keido 2015-02-20 09:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hugs and fist bumps bro.
By Wordspoken 2015-02-20 09:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valli son, what's wrong with you?
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2015-02-20 09:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't done any of the new alluvion yorcia yet.. So is this augment system similar to normal skirmish gear augments instead of alluvion weapons? is that why he's complaining?
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-02-20 09:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

While I'm not necessarily referencing augments, I think the way SE has utilized Eudaemon parts for the new Skirmish is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

It seems that it doesn't matter whether you use a Sword, Sash, Shield, etc. The armor possibilities will be random.

Sash run #1 last night: Helios boots
Sash run #2 last night: Arco legs

That being said, I'm assuming that the Eudaemon affinities from Alluvion apply here just the same (Sword gives a bonus to melee, etc etc.)
By Pantafernando 2015-02-20 09:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
While I'm not necessarily referencing augments, I think the way SE has utilized Eudaemon parts for the new Skirmish is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

It seems that it doesn't matter whether you use a Sword, Sash, Shield, etc. The armor possibilities will be random.

That being said, I'm assuming that the Eudaemon affinities from Alluvion apply here just the same (Sword gives a bonus to melee, etc etc.)

SE update note said the diference between using sword/sash/shield/ect) is only to favor diferent kind of stones drop (dim, slit, etc).
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-02-20 09:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

SE update note said the diference between using sword/sash/shield/ect) is only to favor diferent kind of stones drop (dim, slit, etc).

Hmm, well that makes sense then.

Is there a list then that lists which stones can drop with each Eudaemon part?
By Pantafernando 2015-02-20 09:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

@Valli

[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-20 09:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The eudaemon segments used in assembling a eudaemon have been adjusted so that different types are more likely to give different rewards.
Eudaemon Sword
Personal treasure coffers are more likely to drop –slit stones.
Eudaemon Cape / Eudaemon Ring
Personal treasure coffers are more likely to drop –dim stones.
Eudaemon Sash
Personal treasure coffers are more likely to drop –orb stones.
Eudaemon Shield
Personal treasure coffers are more likely to drop –tip stones.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-02-20 09:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The eudaemon segments used in assembling a eudaemon have been adjusted so that different types are more likely to give different rewards.
Eudaemon Sword
Personal treasure coffers are more likely to drop –slit stones.
Eudaemon Cape / Eudaemon Ring
Personal treasure coffers are more likely to drop –dim stones.
Eudaemon Sash
Personal treasure coffers are more likely to drop –orb stones.
Eudaemon Shield
Personal treasure coffers are more likely to drop –tip stones.

Thanks man. Much appreciated.
By Kooljack 2015-02-20 10:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

nah.. I rather have higher overall stats because of randomization rather then static, lower overall stats. That was the trade-off SE has said from the beginning. We wouldn't have things like +30mab/macc on gear without the randomization factor.

Also the augmentation of capes with refractive crystals really isn't a very big crap shoot either. With the couple trades i did I was seeing the high end of stats fairly consistent. 50-50 you get a more then decent augment on the cape. really, though it's not a big deal if you actually do the content instead of jiving for a quick splash
[+]
By Keido 2015-02-20 10:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Kooljack said: »
nah.. I rather have higher overall stats because of randomization rather then static, lower overall stats. That was the trade-off SE has said from the beginning. We wouldn't have things like +30mab/macc on gear without the randomization factor.

Also the augmentation of capes with refractive crystals really isn't a very big crap shoot either. With the couple trades i did I was seeing the high end of stats fairly consistent. 50-50 you get a more then decent augment on the cape. really, though it's not a big deal if you actually do the content instead of jiving for a quick splash

Except playing the game is hard. I mean why do that when 10% of the time you can go kill something and the other you can stand idle in Juno complaining about how there is nothing to do.
[+]
By Kooljack 2015-02-20 18:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

on another note, shudddup you cry babies with how the game is evolving.... nothing is closer to the old school 75 era, where merit pt's are king of money and efficiency/points to other content.

it's not like if the game developers let r/m/e perish down for other things that there wouldn't be fun quirky weapon combinations... like that you all seem to think they couldn't think up something imaginable and fun other then pure raw DD to delay ratio.

The game is healthy, think if there were 22 weapons that needed h-p bayld they'd be like 200k/ea Its a good slow change with all said and done.

they've taken healthy turns with testing out content with incursion...like you can't rmt it's goods really(same thought as voidwatch but different again from that.... their focusing on whats a good event for just the gamers without the involvement of just gil gill gill like you guys want), but something eventually flawed itself out yeah. big deal ok they are trying to figure what's good for the community instead of not trying anything

yeah skirmish has it flaws i get it, its what we're just going with for a bit, learn to roll and chill more

their involvement with making subtle gui changes like ls2 is more they've done for the community as a whole more then they used to do in the past with their 'monthly updates'. monthly updates used to be about patching the last big 6 month tweaks they needed to roll out; now it's leaps and bounds of gui and ease of life with job adjustments/tweaks for balanceXD (yes i said it:XDXX)
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-20 18:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You know you can edit posts, right? Really didn't need 5 in a row.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-20 18:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys, if youre going to ragequit because of augments, dont forget to send me your cash.

I promise i will use it all to buy skirmish stones to get the augments you wanted.
[+]
By Ulthakptah 2015-02-20 20:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I think there is a time and place for random augments. What I think is nice about the new armor is it allows jobs that normally didn't have access to certain stats on armor access to it. Like do I really need this much mab and fastcast on thf, no. Will I get a set and trick it out for the sole purpose of capped shadows casting, and super aeolian edges, hells to the yeah.

What I do not care for is when the augments makes it better then the equipment specifically for my job. And that's where I think SE went wrong with this update. So much crit damage and triple attack...
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-20 23:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Which stone puts -damage taken on Yorium.

or which combination can I use to achieve pdt/mdt/INT:mab:magicattack
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-02-20 23:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
You know you can edit posts, right? Really didn't need 5 in a row.

Fixed.

Please learn to use to the Edit function in the future, Kooljack.
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-02-20 23:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
Which stone puts -damage taken on Yorium.

or which combination can I use to achieve pdt/mdt/INT:mab:magicattack

For -PDT it should be Leafslit, though possibly Duskslit as well, it seems to have some random powerful augs mixed in with it's pool of basic +stats. MAB will be Snowdims. -MDT might be Leafdims, but haven't seen it reported yet.
 Bismarck.Lizk
Server: Bismarck
user: alucar
By Bismarck.Lizk 2015-02-20 23:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

This is now an augments thread

Post your augments
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-20 23:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lizk said: »
This is now an augments thread

Post your augments

You're all welcome. Derailed that *** train.

LET THERE BE LIGHT.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-20 23:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

"Behold unto me, and on the Seventh Day, there were augments"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-02-21 00:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply