Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-04-12 12:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Senyn said: »
If it always/only drops 3... why do people insist on TH'ing it...

Moon phases

And direction you face.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-12 19:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If it always/only drops 3... why do people insist on TH'ing it...

Because the bestest best ever is THF THF THF THF THF THF. And don't forget to sub THF to your THF to increase the amount of THF you bring.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2015-04-13 18:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Josiahfk said: »
Killed a pink acuex today in a friend's run, same Th8 but dropped dragon meat instead /sadface

I guess 3+2/3wings are not guaranteed

I've gotten 2 dragon meats or 2 philly stones from a kill before. Can't remember which items exactly, but needless to say I wasn't too happy when I saw the drops.
 Quetzalcoatl.Artzair
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Artzair
By Quetzalcoatl.Artzair 2015-04-13 18:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

its BS if you do this for gil!
then you good as RMT in my book if its Random group.

this one guy from our server does it daily @ Quetzalcoatl name is Herouz. Self-centered person thinks only about gil and stone drops for himself.

i hear he did one day 64M

Future RMTs coming in factory line.

Post deleted by User.
By charlo999 2015-04-13 19:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Artzair said: »
its BS if you do this for gil!
then you good as RMT in my book if its Random group.

this one guy from our server does it daily @ Quetzalcoatl name is Herouz. Self-centered person thinks only about gil and stone drops for himself.

i hear he did one day 64M

Future RMTs coming in factory line.

So farming events for Gil is the same as RMT?
He's in my LS and I've gone many times with him. These days shouts are non existent as is. And herouz will accept pretty much anyone. Sometimes even if you havnt a pop he will put up the Gil. Normally doing 2 pops to everyone else's 1.
He's legit and puts in the hours shouting and playing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Artzair
user: Artzair
By Quetzalcoatl.Artzair 2015-04-13 19:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah right and i am A Freaking

that share the GIL and fortune with other ppl too.. not just use them... as your good friend is doing Herouz~

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
user: Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-17 10:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Herouz pretty much the only shouter doing the content. More power to him if he's capitalizing on stupidity.

If you don't like people selling skirmish stones, *** at the morons buying them, not the people smart enough to sell them instead of use them.

Anyone who sells the stones is a literal genius. Don't be jelly.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-04-19 19:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

that is a nice video there Josiahkf. I do wish you'd at least have the beginning of it at normal speed tho. Its hard enough for me to see small text as it is, at that speed its even more difficult. Good work tho.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-04-19 19:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

is there anyway to remove augments from skirmish 1 or 2 armor? Wouldnt mind storing some older pieces some time, but cant with augs on them.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-04-19 20:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Josi, take in and help me get some more wings for coat plz! Or I will slap ya again, lol!
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
user: Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-19 20:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
is there anyway to remove augments from skirmish 1 or 2 armor? Wouldnt mind storing some older pieces some time, but cant with augs on them.

Technically... when you +1 the old skirmish you can store (mule) it. Since NQ loses all it's augs when +1'd.

Once it's +1'd though, you're stuck with it.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-04-19 20:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Bismarck.Bloodbathboy said: »
Josi, take in and help me get some more wings for coat plz! Or I will slap ya again, lol!
boy! we should blm pvp one day, I want to see that wit when it's lying face down on the beach : P
No thank you sir. I hear your very deadly on mages jobs from a few plp.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-04-19 20:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I will buy the sets! You just have to teach!
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-04-20 18:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a storage slip for skirmish armor? I coulda sworn i found it a day or two ago, but i sure dont see one right now...

edit: maybe i just checked to see if it was muleable instead of storable... cant remember

Post deleted by User.
By inkydo 2015-04-21 15:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Just a notice, normal quality stones are able to get max augments. In some cases it may be cheaper to just spam those than buy/collect the +1 or +2 stones. This seems to only apply to armor. I got a +20 accuracy and +20 attack off a normal snowslit. The bg-wiki page also supports this idea so we were wrong before when we thought only +1 and +2 could get max augments.

I don't understand the people who hate skirmish so much. It's possibly the easiest event I've ever done in FFXI, you can solo it and no pickup group I've ever been in has done anything less than clear every floor with a ton of time to spare. You have to do a ton of runs and augments, but that just gives longevity to the event that would otherwise be a cakewalk. Some of these same people seem perfectly ok with trying to get a tartarus platemail or do RME upgrades and that's way harder and more grindy imho.

Skirmish is also pretty dang fun honestly. While it does favor BST, BLU, BLM, SCH, RDM and possibly GEO more than other jobs it's not like it's not totally doable on melee jobs. Escalents have terrible HP pools and some jobs can one shot them, and who doesn't like to see Byakko summoned and fight for you. Despite doing tons of runs I still haven't seen everything either. Seen a boss 2x, seen pinky 3x, seen Lorissa several times, but still haven't seen the clown guy or the WHM that lets you skip levels.

It is also a great way to make some gil. You can make more than million gil in a less than 30 minute run. I mean come on, for an entry fee of about 150k in a full party doing a split the cost setup, it's a steal. Most fun I've had in FFXI since Abyssea came out tbh.

The truth be told NQ ver can give you max Aug. However that's just luck! I have found if you Build from NQ till you find the Aug you want then use a +1 to augment it further you get much better results, and then USE a +2 to get you to max augment. Dont just drop a +2 on it and hope you get max lol.

As this is just my experience in all the gear I have done. I have found +2 is for trying to get that last 1-4 points you need for max Augment.
 Fenrir.Divinian
Server: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-05-02 15:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Since the strategy has changed and the event is easier, made a more current guide vid with info, for low manning/soloing. This one is thief soloing a III III III trig.

Even if you've never done this content, worth coming to give a shot.
*Cough*Aelius*Cough* Katheryn *cough

YouTube Video Placeholder
Hey there. I'm coming back after an 8 month or so break and need to start upgrading some gears. I've watched josiah's videos aimed at soloing yorcia and would like to give it a shot.

Is the main reason to thf here because of flee/movement speed? What other jobs do a good job here (for solo purposes). I have blu/sch/rdm/sam/thf/bst (although I haven't looked into the "ready" changes too much) and am currently gearing up blm. I also cart around a brd/whm box. My preference is usually blu.

Thank you for any and all responses.
 Bismarck.Inference
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2015-05-02 15:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU is probably the stronger choice since you don't have to be picky about mob type, assuming you have a good MAB set to deal with elementals, if you don't you can still kill the butterfly mobs quickly with BLU. Giving yourself BRD buffs, and leaving the BRD on book duty will also simplify things greatly compared to soloing it.
 Fenrir.Divinian
Server: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-05-02 15:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »
BLU is probably the stronger choice since you don't have to be picky about mob type, assuming you have a good MAB set to deal with elementals, if you don't you can still kill the butterfly mobs quickly with BLU. Giving yourself BRD buffs, and leaving the BRD on book duty will also simplify things greatly compared to soloing it.
Thanks. When you zone in/up are you right by the book? If so I can do brd buffs and just switch back to the brd when I need to use the book. I have a decent MAB set that I used to use for subduction...guess I will see if it is up to par.
 Bismarck.Inference
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2015-05-02 15:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

For the most part. Occasionally when you zone up you'll get a message in the chat log and they'll drop you off in a different location on the map. Even when this occurs I've always had one character spawn at the book, it just always ends up being the one who's not supposed to be there.
By protectorchrono 2015-05-02 18:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Herouz pretty much the only shouter doing the content. More power to him if he's capitalizing on stupidity. Anyone who sells the stones is a literal genius. Don't be jelly.

Tis' easy money. Who doesn't like easy money? lol. Host multiple runs, you'll end up getting stones on everyone's runs (especially if you have a full party of 6 who all have pops) via final chest when keyed etc, to sell and or use to augment gear/weapons. People need stones to augment their stuff. Some are too lazy to join/host runs so they waste gil at AH and purchase them just to get either a worthwhile aug or a subpar aug and if it's subpar then they wasted their gil lol.

Also, the Taru, despite his no return stone if you get crappy aug policy, is a "bank" to hold your stones. Have him save the stones you get if you have to many or don't have the space on AH to sell them if others haven't sold yet. Then when you need some extra gil, go to him, get a *cough Dusk cough* (or w/e high selling stone) and sell it for some easy cash.

This tier Skirmish is supply and demand now since you can possibly get some ideal augments so naturally people will pay a fortune for stones for the "perfect augment" and if they don't like the augment they waste MORE gil on more stones, then another crappy augment, then MORE wasted gil, etc, etc, etc, see the picture?

This skirmish is just pure money, probably the only worthwhile gil farming SE has made for players (screw you Dynamis! Still <3 you though but screw you! ;P).
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8