Considering Coming Back Soon!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Considering coming back soon!
Considering coming back soon!
First Page 2
 Fenrir.Evildemon
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Evildemon 2015-02-19 07:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm considering coming back over the summer for a little casual play. My friend left my character on Quetzalcoatl and my alt is on fenrir. How are those servers doing these days? Or is there another server that's got a good player base these days?

Also job wise what's good to play these days? My main has been Drk for a long time. But I did hear Mnk was very versatile after soa came out. But I'm open to focusing on war Mnk pld Drk or even drg. Depending which will Benefit me the most in the short to longer term. I was building relics when I left I have apoc. And a stage 3 excel and stage 2 aegis but would put those on hold if Mnk is going to be that game breaking for me
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-19 07:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't come back, it's not worth it.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-19 07:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thf sam for dds. And neither relics are that awesome and could easily skipped for delve weapon if you just care with performance.

Aegis is important for some situations, but you shouldnt neglect ochain, or priwen if you can have haste capped.

Drk and war are in bad situation today.

Mnk lost a lot of his appeal due to massive boost dagger and gk ws received, while h2h ws remains about the same, and worse in relative terms.
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-02-19 08:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

wait like 6 months when they release a new event. this stuff right now is filler that can be skipped.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-19 08:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If you ignore advice and do:
That Valli guy is on Quetz, avoid him like the Plague.

Game is disgustingly boring right now... very VERY easy to get any and everything done... but why bother.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-19 08:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it's worth it. :)
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2015-02-19 08:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I still appreciate the game, feel free to come back and judge it for you're self man. in you're case it should be plenty to do, good luck.

p.s

asking people on this site for reasons to return isn't a good idea, stick to people you know that still play.
[+]
By Wordspoken 2015-02-19 08:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »

wait like 6 months when they release a new event. this stuff right now is filler that can be skipped.
Only thing is job points, which if you farm then every now and then, is not that bad versus the grind you might have to do as you come back after an extended period.

Either way, it's a trap!
[+]
 Asura.Voidwolf
user: Voidwolf
By Asura.Voidwolf 2015-02-19 09:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's worth it if you're coming back for nostalgic/casual reasons. Just don't expect the same game from back in the day.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-19 09:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I too thought about coming back but I want to remember FFXI in a good way. Not come back to be disappointed.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kelyn
user: Yummee
By Fenrir.Kelyn 2015-02-19 10:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Many of the doomsayers no longer play, got banned, or were simply unable to adapt to new changes in the game.

Like any game, it is only as fun as you choose it to be. If you choose to have fun, you will.

There is so much to do in this game, if you are bored or miserable, you are doing it wrong.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-19 10:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kelyn said: »
Many of the doomsayers no longer play, got banned, or were simply unable to adapt to new changes in the game.
Some of us got over the addiction that was FFXI.

Time for some good old intervention!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-19 10:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Despite what addicts say quitting can sometimes be a good thing!

I considered myself and addict maybe 5 years ago spending way too much time on XI.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-19 10:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Time for some good old alcohol!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-19 10:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Alcohol is actually a fairly cheap addiction too !

Plus you actually get out and meet people at the bar. New friends plus drunk = win !
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2015-02-19 10:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm waiting to come back when they update R/E/M weapons again and maybe finally give us abyssea reforge which will probably be year 2025.
 Fenrir.Kelyn
user: Yummee
By Fenrir.Kelyn 2015-02-19 10:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, My name is Kelyn, and I have been a FFXI-a-holic for 11 years now. I just can't quit you man....
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-19 10:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I miss about FFXI are the shout conversations/social aspect. I really was bored of the content maybe two or three years ago.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-19 10:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, My name is Kelyn, and I have been a FFXI-a-holic for 11 years now. I just can't quit you man....
I haven't quit, I'm just taking an extended vacation.

Let's see how long this vacation lasts....
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-19 10:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't quit, I'm just taking an extended vacation.

Let's see how long this vacation lasts....

I sorta feel this way. It would take something like an expansion or some major changes for me to come back.

Maybe by 2020 they will release something worthwhile.
By fonewear 2015-02-19 10:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you should switch to beer then it is much cheaper !
 Asura.Voidwolf
user: Voidwolf
By Asura.Voidwolf 2015-02-19 11:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just a game.
By Wordspoken 2015-02-19 12:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Voidwolf said: »
It's just a game.
I hate people who say this.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-19 12:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

While I agree with those who say game right now is pretty boring, looking from the perspective of someone who hasn't played for a while there can be actually stuff to do(depending on when they quit). For us who have been playing continously yeah, pretty much nothing happens, but for long time absent players it might be ok.
[+]
 Fenrir.Evildemon
By Fenrir.Evildemon 2015-02-20 08:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
I still appreciate the game, feel free to come back and judge it for you're self man. in you're case it should be plenty to do, good luck.

p.s

asking people on this site for reasons to return isn't a good idea, stick to people you know that still play.

Always loved the feel of this game. It has never been as good as during the days of hnm but abyssea and 99 cap was ok. It changed the game and made relics more realistic. I quit right before soa release so there's lots for me to do. I have occasionally read up on new changes so I know my first priority is easy ilevel items to start.

And then the other thing is picking a server. I can be cheap and pick either quetz or fenrir to pay for only one transfer.

I guess my real problem is I only know of one friend still playing. And alcohol is by no means cheaper. In one night of drinking id spend two characters worth of charges.
 Asura.Llaessnar
user: Llaessnar
By Asura.Llaessnar 2015-02-20 08:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You can transfer both characters with one server transfer fee (correct me if i'm wrong) so feel free to choose any server. And yeah if you've stopped before SoA you'll have plenty to do.
 Fenrir.Evildemon
By Fenrir.Evildemon 2015-02-20 08:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Llaessnar said: »
You can transfer both characters with one server transfer fee (correct me if i'm wrong) so feel free to choose any server. And yeah if you've stopped before SoA you'll have plenty to do.

Two characters on two different accounts? If it was an actual mule then of course. Although I could of missed an advantage from the se ids
 Asura.Llaessnar
user: Llaessnar
By Asura.Llaessnar 2015-02-20 08:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

No sorry my bad, thought you meant only mule. Cannot say as for population on Quetz and Fenrir, if you search a bit on other threads you should find this kind of info!
First Page 2