Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 175 176 177
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-07-29 08:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep the m.acc +20 axe and build another for accuracy as well.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-07-29 08:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Seranos said: »
Working on my BST and just got a Alluv Axe augmented with Pet:DA/Crit+4 and Pet:M.Acc.+20. Should I aim for Pet:ATK or Pet:ACC on the snow slot instead of the M.Acc.+20?

Edit: I guess, for what situations are you using a Ready recast set vs. a pet DD set for Ready moves (i.e. when am I using Desulator+Merlin vs. Pet TP Axes and augmented Acro/Taeon legs)?

For what it's worth, I'm kind of like Sathicus - I have an Alluvion axe specifically geared for Pet Magic Accuracy, and another for Accuracy. There are plenty of magic-based Ready moves.

I believe the baseline bare-bones Pet Magic Accuracy you want to shoot for is +60-ish? Obviously the more the better since damage resists are in tiers.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-07-29 08:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Working on my BST and just got a Alluv Axe augmented with Pet:DA/Crit+4 and Pet:M.Acc.+20. Should I aim for Pet:ATK or Pet:ACC on the snow slot instead of the M.Acc.+20?

Edit: I guess, for what situations are you using a Ready recast set vs. a pet DD set for Ready moves (i.e. when am I using Desulator+Merlin vs. Pet TP Axes and augmented Acro/Taeon legs)?

For what it's worth, I'm kind of like Sathicus - I have an Alluvion axe specifically geared for Pet Magic Accuracy, and another for Accuracy. There are plenty of magic-based Ready moves.

I believe the baseline bare-bones Pet Magic Accuracy you want to shoot for is +60-ish? Obviously the more the better since damage resists are in tiers.

EDIT: Yep, exactly what Larrymc said as well.

Oops.. I didn't mean to quote myself.
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-07-29 09:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys, appreciate the advice. Figure I could just make 5 or 6 axes until I go mentally unstable from the augment system.

Any thoughts on my other question about Ready recast set vs. Pet TP/Acc/Atk/MAcc/MAB?
By ibm2431 2015-07-29 09:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

First, I'd like to thank everyone involved in the initial guide and all 19 forum pages of useful information! I'm a bandwagon BST, and it's been a lot of help in becoming less bandwagon-y. Haven't earned any worthwhile notches on my belt yet, though. I got Tojil down to 50% before running out of time, but now that I've learned that I've never actually been swapping in my Merlin and Tassets since Gearswap doesn't get along well with /bstpet, I suspect that'll change soon.

And Gearswap is the reason I'm posting! Falkirk, I'm looking at your Gearswap, and disapprove of the ready_move() function~! You're already defining your pet's ready moves in your job_update() function; there's no need to have such a messy tree of if statements!

Changing lines 1652 through 1851 to simply:
Code
local ReadyMove = ''
if move == 'one' then
  ReadyMove = ReadyMoveOne
elseif move == 'two' then
  ReadyMove = ReadyMoveTwo
else
  ReadyMove = ReadyMoveThree
end

send_command('input /pet "'.. ReadyMove ..'" <me>')

Should have the same effect with 95% fewer lines of code!

And now a question, which I'm guessing any seasoned BST could answer: Is there ever a time when jug pets of the same type (say, Ibuku and Zhivago, or all the rabbit familiars) have different jobs or ready moves? From what I'm seeing there's never a case of familiars of the same family having any differences other than their level.

If this is the case, could one simply define information for the main family (ie: 'Rabbit', 'Tiger'), and then link specific versions of familiars in that family ('Lucky Lulush', 'Droopy Dortwin', 'Pondering Peter', etc.) with that family's information? That way you could just plug in the information for each family, and pull job and ready move values by looking up which your familiar belongs to, cleaning up Gearswap files even more.
 Bahamut.Darksouls
Server: Bahamut
user: blacksoul
By Bahamut.Darksouls 2015-07-29 21:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys, appreciate the advice. Figure I could just make 5 or 6 axes until I go mentally unstable from the augment system.

Any thoughts on my other question about Ready recast set vs. Pet TP/Acc/Atk/MAcc/MAB?
You only have to use recast set in pre-cast and potency set on mid cast.
 Carbuncle.Wondolio
Server: Carbuncle
user: Wondolio
By Carbuncle.Wondolio 2015-07-30 18:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is slowly ninjaing things away from us beastmasters. Now they are nerfing infrasonics from -25% to -40?? I personally use infrasonics alot... So this one hurts me.
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-07-30 18:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been using alot as well, especially on high level mobs like Pazuzu (135).
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-30 18:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

SE just despises any accuracy boosts or debuffs that are % based. Basically all attack buffs are % based, but no accuracy buffs behave the same. Since the entirety of SE's knowledge of balance comes down to "make it more evasive", they just hate anything that fights that.
 Carbuncle.Wondolio
By Carbuncle.Wondolio 2015-07-30 19:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides spur nerf the cuts have been small but i feel like are piling up quickly.

Hopefully the bleeding stops after whatever they got planned for yalms distance adjustment for bst to mob.
By Beaztmaster 2015-07-30 23:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

ibm2431 said: »
And now a question, which I'm guessing any seasoned BST could answer: Is there ever a time when jug pets of the same type (say, Ibuku and Zhivago, or all the rabbit familiars) have different jobs or ready moves? From what I'm seeing there's never a case of familiars of the same family having any differences other than their level.

If this is the case, could one simply define information for the main family (ie: 'Rabbit', 'Tiger'), and then link specific versions of familiars in that family ('Lucky Lulush', 'Droopy Dortwin', 'Pondering Peter', etc.) with that family's information? That way you could just plug in the information for each family, and pull job and ready move values by looking up which your familiar belongs to, cleaning up Gearswap files even more.

A few examples:

Dortwin & Peter have access to Dust Cloud, whereas Lulush gets Snow Cloud.

Ken gets access to Somersault, but Cetas & Orob do not.

Homunculus gets access to Dream Flower, but Merle & Hermes do not.
By cervelo84 2015-08-01 03:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

guys what should I go for first maab or attack bonus for my 1st set to augment?

So much to augment which one is a good start?
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-01 04:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll use physical moves more often than magical, so aim for that set first. Unless you plan on immediately beginning JP farming in the Acuex camp, in which case macc/mab are a good choice. I'd personally recommend physical first.
[+]
 Bahamut.Darksouls
Server: Bahamut
user: blacksoul
By Bahamut.Darksouls 2015-08-01 04:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

work on your pet physical ja set first then macc. Set. & MAB set. For your physical pet ja set focus on pet acc.
[+]
By cervelo84 2015-08-01 06:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

guys I have been doing augments all morning. Is it possible to get accuracy and attack with an augment / whether it be magic or physical?

I seem to only be getting magic accuracy or magic attack. Or physical acc/ physical/ attack Paired with ranged attack.
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-08-01 06:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

cervelo84 said: »
guys I have been doing augments all morning. Is it possible to get accuracy and attack with an augment / whether it be magic or physical?

I seem to only be getting magic accuracy or magic attack. Or physical acc/ physical/ attack Paired with ranged attack.

Works different from other augments. ATT/RAT, ACC/RACC, MACC, MAB are the augments for pets.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46057/full-alluvion-augment-cap-list/
By Linxe 2015-08-02 15:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Big thanks to all the fellow Bsts out there who have taken the time to input there findings and advice to add to Falkirk's great Guide,

I was a main Bst back in the day pre Aht Urghan and this has helped me drag myself into the 99 Era since coming back last October..

I've been solo'ing Avatars and AA with a lot of information gained from this thread and even started to try and help others..with short videos and tutorials..

Abomination solo'd also for our sexy Thau ring! because knowing what were capable off from threads like this gives others confidence to try and fail! or try and WIN

Linxe of Asura You tube channel! all input and suggestions welcome lets keep pushing the limits of our favourite job!

Great job all!
By cervelo84 2015-08-02 16:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Do I have to use the -5 ready/sic axe for all ready abilities or should I use 2x axe with +200 tp for pets?
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-02 17:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Do I have to use the -5 ready/sic axe for all ready abilities or should I use 2x axe with +200 tp for pets?

You use them all. If u scroll back a page or two it's been asked. Precast ready set then /wait 1 potency set.
[+]
By cervelo84 2015-08-02 17:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

OK I USE widower but idk how to do script I just use macro
By Linxe 2015-08-02 17:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

As AmyMy Stated its advisable to use ready recast reduction with all Pet Ready ability's

OK I USE widowed but idk how to do script I just use macro

You can macro this in with

/equipset (insert ready set here)
/wait 0.5
/pet "ready move name here" <me>
/wait 0.5
/equipset (insert TP axes set here)

not an exact science but without using Scripts or Gearswap thats probably as close as you will get to using the Bonus TP sets after using the reduction set first.

Never tested it myself so give it a shot.

Linxe
[+]
 Carbuncle.Wondolio
By Carbuncle.Wondolio 2015-08-02 19:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont use windower lately because of some windows 10 glitch. Here is what i use..

/equipset #
/bstpet # <me>
/wait 1
/equipset #

As long as im not spamming the macro i dont have any problems maintaining 10 sec ready and swapping in pet gear for mid cast.
[+]
 Shiva.Xenorex
user: Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2015-08-03 22:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's what I use since I stopped using windower or gs. It takes a bit to set it up once, but then it's easy to use macro's for any pet command, in any situation (whether you need mab, macc, att or acc gear) and you easily customize gear sets using equipsets for any possible scenario.

On my macro set 1 I have 4 macro's that each take me to a new macro book, 1 for each ATT, ACC, MAB and MACC sets. I have them right in a row ctrl 1-4.

Each macro looks like the following:
Titles: PetATT or PetACC or PetMAB or PetMAC
/recast "Ready"
/bstpet
/macro set # (ATT is macro set 2, ACC is 3, etc, use whatever clean macro set that still has a row of open slots in the ctrl set)

*note: you don't have to have the /ready line or /bstpet line, but this tells me in chat exactly how long until ready is ready and gives me the list of pet commands in case I forget or I'm using a pet or a move I normally don't use.

Then in each of my 4 clean macro sets I have them titled 1-5. Each one is set up for utilizing 1 of the /bstpet ready moves 1-5.

Example for bstpet ready move 1 on my ATT macro set will look like:
/equipset # (this # is the precast set, same equipset for all)
/bstpet 1 <me> <wait.1>
/equipset # <wait1> (this # is the midcast equisept set for ATT)
/equipset # (this # is pet -DT set, same equipset for all)
/macro set 1 (back to the front page)

under #2 it will look the same, but with bstpet 2 <me> <wait.1> on the second line and so forth for each of the 1-5.

On the macro set for ACC it will be identical, a macro for each /bstpet command 1-5, but with my ACC midcast set # on line 3 for all 1-5.

So, in the end I select either ATT, ACC, MAB or MACC with one click, I then see in chat my bstpet moves, then I click a second time to fire off the move of choice 1-5. It automatically grabs my precast set, then the appropriate midcast set then puts my petDT set on and sends me back to my primary macro set page, where I wait a couple seconds or tee up my next move. I find it very easy to self ws and magic burst with this and taking full advantage of my acro/taeon sets.

For this to work as described I have 6 equipsets, one for precast, one for Pet-DT one for ATT, ACC, MAB and MACC.

Hope this helps anybody not using gs/windower.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Wondolio
By Carbuncle.Wondolio 2015-08-04 05:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xenorex said: »
Here's what I use since I stopped using windower or gs. It takes a bit to set it up once, but then it's easy to use macro's for any pet command, in any situation (whether you need mab, macc, att or acc gear) and you easily customize gear sets using equipsets for any possible scenario.

On my macro set 1 I have 4 macro's that each take me to a new macro book, 1 for each ATT, ACC, MAB and MACC sets. I have them right in a row ctrl 1-4.

/recast "Ready"
/bstpet
/macro set # (ATT is macro set 2, ACC is 3, etc, use whatever clean macro set that still has a row of open slots in the ctrl set)

*note: you don't have to have the /ready line or /bstpet line, but this tells me in chat exactly how long until ready is ready and gives me the list of pet commands in case I forget or I'm using a pet or a move I normally don't use.

Then in each of my 4 clean macro sets I have them titled 1-5. Each one is set up for utilizing 1 of the /bstpet ready moves 1-5.

/bstpet 1 <me> <wait.1>

under #2 it will look the same, but with bstpet 2 <me> <wait.1> on the second line and so forth for each of the 1-5.

On the macro set for ACC it will be identical, a macro for each /bstpet command 1-5, but with my ACC midcast set # on line 3 for all 1-5.

So, in the end I select either ATT, ACC, MAB or MACC with one click, I then see in chat my bstpet moves, then I click a second time to fire off the move of choice 1-5. It automatically grabs my precast set, then the appropriate midcast set then puts my petDT set on and sends me back to my primary macro set page, where I wait a couple seconds or tee up my next move. I find it very easy to self ws and magic burst with this and taking full advantage of my acro/taeon sets.

For this to work as described I have 6 equipsets, one for precast, one for Pet-DT one for ATT, ACC, MAB and MACC.

I try to keep the pet dt logic out of my ready macro in case of different situations where my pet isnt tanking at all (when im with other bsts) or self skillchain. I also like to keep my equipset macros all together in one macroset and reach it with a ctrl+shift+# for manual flexibilty based on whats going on in fight and a more simple macrobook. Otherwise i say very spot on for post.
[+]
By cervelo84 2015-08-04 05:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey I am reading you don't need Call beast gear if you have i119 axes? Is this right or do I need to macro in Ankusa Gloves when I use Call beast?
 Carbuncle.Wondolio
By Carbuncle.Wondolio 2015-08-04 05:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey I am reading you don't need Call beast gear if you have i119 axes? Is this right or do I need to macro in Ankusa Gloves when I use Call beast?

Certain pets wont reach ilvl 119 cap without the ankusa giving you the extra 5 lvls, warlikepatrick comes to mind.
By cervelo84 2015-08-04 17:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

/recast "Ready"
/bstpet

/bstpet 1 <me> <wait.1>

This is great! Also I see you put /wait on the same line, that works or u just were using that as an example. I see you can make a macro that activates then swaps your macro lines from page 4-5 (example) That would be amazing because I have to hit control to switch to a new macro page. Please confirm if this works. I am at work cannot check myself but got all sorts of ideas runnin through my head.
 Shiva.Xenorex
user: Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2015-08-04 19:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

/recast "Ready"
/bstpet

/bstpet 1 <me> <wait.1>

This is great! Also I see you put /wait on the same line, that works or u just were using that as an example. I see you can make a macro that activates then swaps your macro lines from page 4-5 (example) That would be amazing because I have to hit control to switch to a new macro page. Please confirm if this works. I am at work cannot check myself but got all sorts of ideas runnin through my head.

The wait command can be in the same line. I typed it exactly as I have it and it does work as such. Helps prevent running out of the limited quantity of lines se allows. Also, you are correct, the "/macro set #" command can be used at the end of a macro, so it will execute your commands, then jump you to the macro set of choice for your next command, then you set all of those to end with a command that jumps you back to your main macro set.

A little tip I find useful, on every macro set I keep one macro that is just titled "back" and only has the command "/macro set 1" in case I end up stuck on a page after a mob dies and I want to get back quickly.

I use a similar series of macrosets to cycle through 5 pages of just about every jug out there. Each page has a macro set command that jumps to the next page of jugs if the one I want is not on that page. Every call beast macro then ends with the same /macro set 1 command to return me to the top. I could just open the menu's and put the jug I want in the ammo slot, but I find it caters to my playstyle better to quickly rifle through macro sets faster.
 Carbuncle.Wondolio
By Carbuncle.Wondolio 2015-08-05 10:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So im reading that instead of dropping infrasonics and hi-freq field from -25% evasion to -40 evasion. Instead they increased it to -40%. This is coming from the ffxi official update notes.

Is there anyway we can test this out?

--------------------------------------
Beastmaster
The effects of Infrasonics used by the following familiars has undergone adjustments.
Warlike Patrick / Audacious Anna / Lizard Familiar / Coldblood Como
Adjustments
Enemy evasion has been changed from -25% to -40%.
Accuracy has been increased.
The effects of Hi-Freq Field used by the following familiars has undergone changes.
Hurler Percival / Panzer Galahad / Beetle Familiar
 Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-08-05 10:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/20797/skullrender

No "R" tag, just "Ex", meaning you can have two. Most likely also meaning it has augments... /drool

Keeps saying "Item Not Found" when I try to use the item card trick. Probably because its no new.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 175 176 177