Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 175 176 177
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-07-09 05:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you both - I only ask because I'm still working on Aymur myself, and just wanted to make sure that it was not a futile effort.

In Summary for magic ready moves, dont use Aymur (with WAR pets), but it is still best for all physical ready moves.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-07-09 05:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thandor said: »
I just noticed there's no Eald'narche entry on the high tier battlefields chart.

What's the strategy (and gear requirements) for that?

I would like to know the answer to this as well, haha. His enmity and adds make it a major hassle, unless you've got a real tank with you. As far as solo goes, maybe try some Easy runs with an AoE pet attack to handle adds while whittling down his exoplate shell.

For anyone wanting to solo Puppet In Peril on N/D, you can /BLM and stun Blazing Angon/Burning Memories. With Haste/Marches from trusts and Fast Cast/M.Acc gear you've got a short recast that should get you through that final 25% HP.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-07-09 08:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Thandor said: »
I just noticed there's no Eald'narche entry on the high tier battlefields chart.

What's the strategy (and gear requirements) for that?

I would like to know the answer to this as well, haha. His enmity and adds make it a major hassle, unless you've got a real tank with you. As far as solo goes, maybe try some Easy runs with an AoE pet attack to handle adds while whittling down his exoplate shell.

I tried this five times in a row this morning to figure something out. I learned a few things. Done on normal btw

A. If he casts Sleepga as his first spell, you lose. There is absolutely no way to recover fast enough. Orbitals do incredibly high damage, and a single TP move from Eld will either outright kill you or make you easily killed by orbitals.

B. Grasshopper is terrible. Lack of range means you have to stand near Eld to have him hit orbitals, which is quite dangerous.

C. Trusts are pretty worthless. They take way too long to react. This makes all single target pets(Randy) pretty worthless as the trusts aren't going to keep you alive. It's only the set up really where you are in danger, and this is where trusts suck.

D. Use the Sheep. Orbitals can be slept. Sheep song works.

E. Wait for the last orbital to spawn before you sheep song. I only used the sheep on my last run. In my haste I used sheep song before the second orbital spawned, and Eld decided to cast sleepga. The single orbital double attacked me for 500 and Eld use Gaewhatever for another 1400, then the orbital kill me.

F. This is INCREDIBLY hard to solo, and INCREDIBLY easy to Duo. I'll try the sheep strat again later after work and see if it's possible. But otherwise, having one BST break down the shield while another handles adds makes this fight much easier.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Server: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-07-09 09:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Eld solo on BST is a headache and a half. I haven't even done it on N. Tried a few times and promptly said *** it.

It's not even fun to do in a party on D/VD. It's up there with PIP and Shadow Lord for me with "do it once on D/VD and then never again".

SL might be better now that you can have trusts (brygid, 2 WHM, BRD maybe?) but holy hell was it *** and a half before trusts.
By Wondolio 2015-07-09 09:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I do this solo quite frequently on normal with trusts. Anything higher than normal is a pretty much not worth it solo as the orbitals cannot be one shotted by pet and trusts cant withstand exoplates aoe moves.

My strategy is as follows:

Exoplates
1. Summon Koru-moru, kupipi, apururu, amchuchu in that order
2. Grasshopper for this part of fight and your best pet atk+ gear & food.
3. Use your stoneskin scroll (very important).
4. Run down the ramp in a straight line through Eald. target him early but only atk after you pass him so that only amchuchu and apururu are directly in front of eald and the rest are behind or inside exoplates. Get a quick hit in and amchuchu will grab hate. Quickly change target to exoplates and have your pet atk exoplates. If eald starts sleepga or amII on you. Quickly get your pet on the exoplates and use tegmina buffet to one shot the orbital(s). Watch your shadows carefully to avoid getting one shotted from am.
5. Time your tegmina buffet ready moves for when the orbitals come out and try to store up pet tp for easy one shot. On normal 1000tp is enough.
6. When exoplates are 1%, make sure your shadows are up and be prepared for aoe that will most likely kill a few trusts.
7. If amchuchu is still alive then let her get hate from eald and just ready eald till death. (Best time to use unleash if you have it up).

Part II
1.swap out kupipi for gessho.
2. Wait on top of ramp and let eald warp behind you.
3. Get your atk in and get your pet on him.
4. Get out of sleepga II range. Do not atk eald at all for rest of fight.
5. Let your pet run wild and let it go to town.
6. If amchuchu dies and gessho is on the verge of death. Swap out grasshopper for a mdt- pet. Hopefully its close to death by now.
7. If your pet has hate swap in your best dt- gear and get that win.

Amchuchu really shines in this fight.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-07-09 11:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello quick question what's the best pet to use for physical damage and magical damage now? Thanks in advance.

Beast master is so fun
 Siren.Kenesu
Server: Siren
user: iKhaos
By Siren.Kenesu 2015-07-09 11:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Good ole patrick can do both. >>
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-07-09 12:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea but I don't think brain crush is the strongest physical ready move out of all the pets.
By Felgarr 2015-07-09 12:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
He mentioned nibiru tabars because Path C has Pet:MAB+15 and Felgarr was asking about magical ready moves at high Pet TP amounts. :)

mdomo axe and mdomo axe +1 are also options until you have the money/luck to finish a pair of Kumbhakarnas for Fireball etc.

Edit: Dang it, Tru. Ya beat me to it.

Can you comment on what Path A / B / C look like for http://www.ffxiah.com/item/20801/nibiru-tabar ?

I guess I'll make 2 skirmish axes that have Pet: MAB and TP Bonus. (I have one with TP Bonus +160 so far, but I have terrible luck with Pet: MAB).
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-07-09 12:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Wondolio said: »
Eald'narche Fight Info!

Nice, thanks for the detailed breakdown! Good stuff, man. :)

Felgarr said: »
Can you comment on what Path A / B / C look like for http://www.ffxiah.com/item/20801/nibiru-tabar ?

Sath listed the Nibiru Tabar path stats here.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-07-09 13:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-07-09 13:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Hello quick question what's the best pet to use for physical damage and magical damage now? Thanks in advance.

Beast master is so fun

I've been using Blackbeard Randy almost exclusively for his Razor Fang attack, which often puts out moderately high numbers, and only costs one Ready charge.

Then one day on a whim, I decided to try Fleet Reinhard, and his Scythe Tail attack has consistently out-performed Razor Fang, plus it has a stun effect. I've been using Reinhard ever since.

Of course, it all depends on what you're fighting. For multiple mobs/mobs that frequently use shadows, Bouncing Bertha is King (or Queen?)
 Fenrir.Sathicus
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-07-09 13:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fleet will (should) not outperform randy once you have any kind of attack buffs. Randy has a +30% attack adjustment. His ATT is huge.

----

Quote:
The equipment that allows for large reductions in recast for Ready is deficient in other stats, so we believe it is appropriate.

We believe that we shouldn't make adjustments in a hurry based off of what is happening in a limited amount of the game's content, so we don't have a nerf planned at this time. However, we plan on moving forward with this general plan for adjustments in the future:

Weapon Skills
We will adjust skillchain attributes. Pets will no longer be able to skillchain just by themselves, so party configurations will change.

Adjustments to Ready recast time
There are no plans for adjustments at this time.

As we move forward with current and future content, we will continue to gather player feedback and observe the situation.

So spam vagary now! It's going to get annoying! And RIP unleash with bird/raptor.

It's not the worst thing in the world, them changing ready timer would be the worst. I'd even survive with them getting rid of the 2-step check for ready moves, just don't *** with my precious 10s ready please :(
By Wondolio 2015-07-09 16:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info regarding future adjustments. I agree with you, SE please do not mess with our ready timers!
 Carbuncle.Israfell
Server: Carbuncle
user: orionx3
By Carbuncle.Israfell 2015-07-09 18:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Since when does SE use the term 'nerf'? Was this on the official forums?
This seems fishy to me, like maybe a butthurt someotherjob jealous of our BST awesomeness.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-07-09 19:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Israfell said: »
Since when does SE use the term 'nerf'? Was this on the official forums?
This seems fishy to me, like maybe a butthurt someotherjob jealous of our BST awesomeness.

They've actually used it a few times in the past few months I remember the first time they even pointed out the players call it "nerfing".

This isn't on the English forum yet only the JP side since ti was in response to them. It takes a while for them to translate responses then find a spot to dump them into on the English side.

Here is a thread started on the English section in response to the JP post though: Please don't nerf BST
By Felgarr 2015-07-10 00:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »
Fleet will (should) not outperform randy once you have any kind of attack buffs. Randy has a +30% attack adjustment. His ATT is huge.

----

Quote:
The equipment that allows for large reductions in recast for Ready is deficient in other stats, so we believe it is appropriate.

We believe that we shouldn't make adjustments in a hurry based off of what is happening in a limited amount of the game's content, so we don't have a nerf planned at this time. However, we plan on moving forward with this general plan for adjustments in the future:

Weapon Skills
We will adjust skillchain attributes. Pets will no longer be able to skillchain just by themselves, so party configurations will change.

Adjustments to Ready recast time
There are no plans for adjustments at this time.

As we move forward with current and future content, we will continue to gather player feedback and observe the situation.

So spam vagary now! It's going to get annoying! And RIP unleash with bird/raptor.

It's not the worst thing in the world, them changing ready timer would be the worst. I'd even survive with them getting rid of the 2-step check for ready moves, just don't *** with my precious 10s ready please :(

What did I miss? Unleash with Bird/Raptor in Vagary for what? ...Skillchains for popping Plouton?
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-10 00:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand why people cry for nerfs rather than work towards buffs for other jobs. BST has been the butt-end of countless jokes for the past few years, and now that it fills a role exceptionally well people want it removed again. I just don't understand it.

Having said that, thank Altana I don't need to give up my 10 second ready timer. That would have hurt my soul.
By kazekostryge 2015-07-10 01:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

doubt anybody cares, but if you dont want to put 10 mind on taeon hands, an augmented buremte gloves with tchakka wildskeeper paragon comes up to 34 mind.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-07-10 06:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If we lost the 10 second ready timer, it would only serve to make my BST/RNG MORE viable! Which it already totally is! >.>

If they just locked out BST pets making level 3 skillchains by themselves, I think that would be fine and fare. Tegmina probably wins out over these things anyway.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-07-10 12:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the latest changes? Pet self-SC's removed?
 Bahamut.Mrscoot
Server: Bahamut
user: Mrscoot
By Bahamut.Mrscoot 2015-07-10 13:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

any of the new pets any good on the AA fights or is it still the bird?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-07-10 13:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
What are the latest changes? Pet self-SC's removed?

That's the plan for a future update. Might take them until August to implement it, unless they have another maintenance scheduled this month.

Bahamut.Mrscoot said: »
any of the new pets any good on the AA fights or is it still the bird?

If you want to survive, you're stuck with Tulfaire.

Most of the new pets are mediocre and probably won't see much serious use.
 Bismarck.Alkalinescissor
Server: Bismarck
user: alkyalky
By Bismarck.Alkalinescissor 2015-07-12 14:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm looking to get a Melioration torque and I'm kind of confused how to obtain it. Can anyone give a quick walk through of how to get one?
[+]
 Bahamut.Darksouls
user: blacksoul
By Bahamut.Darksouls 2015-07-12 21:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

which job point category takes the priority after I max out the ready effect? It used to be spur effect before update,is it still the same post spur adjustment? Thank you.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-07-16 07:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Darksouls said: »
which job point category takes the priority after I max out the ready effect? It used to be spur effect before update,is it still the same post spur adjustment? Thank you.

Spur's importance has lowered, as you suspected.

This is a good question, and gets asked quite a bit, so let's chat about the options. :)

I'd say there are two main reasons to accumulate job points (aside from those hawt AH.com rank pointz):
1. Capability to participate in high level events
2. Proficiency at earning more job points

Ready, Familiar, (Pet Accuracy), Unleash, Spur and Run Wild more-or-less fall under this umbrella.

There's no perfect order, really. For example, some events will favor pet swaps (SKCNMs, certain Delves, Vagary, Escha) so perpetual Familiar upkeep isn't possible.

My personal ranking:

Ready - Ready damage+10% bonus. A permanent increase to your pet's major source of damage. Impossible to pass up.

Familiar - You probably were using this during CP parties/events anyway for the HP/Haste effects, but after placing points in this category your pet now has bonuses to all of its major stats. In high level content where your accuracy was uncapped, hitrate improves by 7~8%. And also, the effect includes Pet:INT+30 for increased damage/M.Acc from Fireball/Cursed Sphere/etc.

Pet Accuracy - This category doesn't necessarily assist in earning CP, but it's relatively important to max early on so you're prepared for events asap. You've already unlocked your 100 job point gift by now and you're almost ready to conquer the world with those 10 second recasts - but if your attacks whiff the target, then all that power is wasted! Increase your hitrate by 5% so Incursion/Vagary/Escha will be less of a rude awakening.

Unleash - During Unleash, your Ready damage is boosted by 20%. Sometimes Unleash will be your last-ditch attempt to win a battle, or it might be a built-in part of the strategy. Since there's a large amount of out-going damage during this, the +20% is very apparent and very welcome.

Spur - You're fine-tuning the attack power of your pet by this stage. Pet:Attack+30 during Spur (90 second duration, 180 second recast) essentially means an overall Pet:Attack+15 effect.

Run Wild - An extra 20 seconds of Run Wild duration means you can squeeze in a couple more Ready attacks while under its extremely potent effects.

Reward - We all love Reward, and this bonus exceeds the Potency+50% cap so it's friggin' sweet. Your 3000 HP heals just became 3300! Probably would rank it higher if bottle of dawn mulsum didn't exist.

Pet Enmity - Admittedly an important category in certain situations (depends on party composition, etc). However, increasing the amount of damage you deal (by hitting harder and more often) can also be considered an enmity boost which is why just about every other category comes first. Take solace in the fact that while you're putting points here you're also unlocking the 405 job point Gift (Pet:Atk/Def+23).

Pet Attack Speed - Pet melee damage is generally quite low on level 119+ targets and TP generation is of minimal importance. When placing job points here you'll obtain the 450 point Gift (Pet:Acc/Eva+15).

Charm Success Rate - k.

CategoryRankBenefits when 10/10
Ready Effect1Ready DMG+10%
Familiar Effect2Pet:Acc/Atk/Eva/Def+15, INT+30
Pet Accuracy Bonus3Pet:Accuracy+10
Unleash Effect4Ready DMG+20% during Unleash
Spur Effect5Pet:Attack+30 for 50% of the time
Run Wild Duration6Run Wild duration extended to 5min20sec
Reward Effect7Reward+10%
Pet Enmity8Pet:Enmity+10
Pet Attack Speed9Pet:Haste+10%
Charm Success Rate10Charm Success+10%
[+]
 Bahamut.Darksouls
user: blacksoul
By Bahamut.Darksouls 2015-07-16 20:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you so much for clearing this up!
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-16 21:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I spent about 10 minutes giggling over the charm success rate comment.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-07-20 12:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

Question does duskorb +1 gives tp bonus +200 on the ax weapon? Or should I just go with Duskorb +2?

Thanks
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 175 176 177