2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Obtaining atmas - post Seekers
Obtaining atmas - post Seekers

| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Crevox 2015-02-16 12:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Every so often there is an event in Jeuno (they post it on the website when it's coming up) where you can open a box next to the Abyssea NPCs (Joachim) and obtain a large amount of atmas for free. Many newer players (me) received their atmas that way.

Besides that, you can solo the specific ones you need, or ask for help from friends. Basically you want to proc the NM to get the atma, but that can be difficult depending on your job, so friends/linkshell can help. You can also shout, and if someone is interested, they'd probably join (there's bound to be other people in your situation).
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-16 12:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

There is enough magic evasion on sparks gear (iLevel gear in general) that a lot of abyssea NMs aren't that scary to solo anymore.
You get so much statvomit on gear now that stacking regen/refresh atmas with maybe 1 regain/multiattack atma is the most ideal for solo work.
 Bismarck.Johnb
Server: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-02-17 14:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get all atmas solo these days from what I know, but Emperador de Altepa can be a little difficult to handle with 4k needles if you're on war or nin for red proc.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-02-17 14:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Johnb said: »
You can get all atmas solo these days from what I know, but Emperador de Altepa can be a little difficult to handle with 4k needles if you're on war or nin for red proc.

Emperador isn't so bad on NIN, thanks to Migawari and very limited mob TP gain with Yurin and NIN's subtle blow.

Pet jobs are nice for Emperador too, another "body" to soak up some extra needles. Makes for an easy duo or so.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-17 16:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

cptkel said: »
Good to hear about solo capability. I have 99 BLU and from what I see the red procs are limited to 3.

Is it necessary to have WAR or NIN?

Did you mean 13?

Nin has access to 12/13 procs with ark angel sword, and pitchfork, war is supose to have all, but im not sure as i never tried procing with war.

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-17 17:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
It's really easy to solo most but the problem is procs. I'd do what Josiah suggested if you want to solo it and get ninja with skills leveled up.

I didn't know about the free atma event so I might just wait on that.

I got the raider's boomerang guy solo'd and I didn't even use the stat boosts because I forgot they existed lol. Did it in total sparks gear. Didn't take long but one of his moves too me to like 2 hp literally. Most of it was not a problem tho. Especially if you stun moves you can stun.

Just watch out for death moves, stun them if you can. They'll still kick your arse. One other that is a problem is Gorge. Unless there's other bodies near you, it'll do like 4k hp or something.

Here's a few I died to...

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Cannered_Noz
Didn't look him up just assumed easy. He cast death and I died >.<
2nd try I won, just saved stun.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Minhocao
Killed me from full HP with Gorge

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Tefenet
Didn't look him up... he has an instant KO move unless you turn your back to him when he does it or stun him.

I only messed around a few hours in Abyssea - Tahrongi. And that happened. So. I'd suggest take them seriously and look their moves up before you do them to avoid deaths you can prevent.

Make no mistake tho, I'd estimate 90%+ of the NMs in abyssea are a joke now.

Question can NIN do most the blue procs too?

Nope. Very few tbh as most blue procs always have a quested ws, and slashing types just uses 2 from each.

Mnk is the one to blue proc.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-02-17 17:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If the proc is something you don't have, deaggroing the NM (if you can) will reset the procs. This cancels out any procs you already got, however.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-02-17 19:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can manage to outrun them, they may give up after a while. You can also use a conflux, but this doesn't automatically clear hate; instead, the enemy will start heading towards that conflux. You may want to track them with Wide Scan if you are attempting this, also to ensure they don't return to their spawn point and fade away.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Zackan 2015-02-17 20:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant that BLU only had 3 red procs.

What is easiest way to deaggro these NM. Just zone?

If you are on Ninja , Mijin Gakure does the job wonderfully^^
By Zackan 2015-02-17 20:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zenim said: »
seraph blade seraph strike
earthcrusher sunburst
shadow of death freezebite blade ei tachi jinpu tachi koki
raiden thrust red lotus blade
energy drain and cyclone

***derp I understand what you meant now. sorry.

once you finish abyssea missions, you get a key item that gives you hints for procs.

so you use a random elemental weaponskill and it might say "the fiend seems scared as *** of ice elemental weaponskills" so you know "the red proc is freezebite"

This brings up a crucial point. It is HIGHLY recommended you don't SOLO FARM for atma and abyssites until you beat Shinryu and get the abyssite. If you farm at all, do zone bosses only and go straight for clears.

The difference between having the abyssite and not is drastic. It is 'i have 8 ws's i can try i am gonna keep trying till he is dead'

vs

'lightning element is the hint' you know that you do not have polearm on you, so now you either kill it or reset it.

the second option is a huge difference in the least amount of time wasted.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Zackan 2015-02-17 21:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That is a good point it seems!

Brings up my next question: how soloable are the zone bosses for clears?

I suggest trying to find at least one person to help. But I would say depends on the job and gear you have. The tough part is that these mobs have prerequisites to killing them. One of the mobs in Konschtat Highlands for example is immune to non ranged or magic damage(though aoe seems to bypass this)
By Wordspoken 2015-02-18 01:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

you'll resist rani's charm easily and reliably in a good magic evasion set for example
Meteor might oneshot you, that's what happened to me the last time I tried to solo her. Then I just started sipping on brew because it was the most convienient and, well, who else is worth brewing?

Anyways, could grab scroll of instant shell from peacekeepers and make MDT/meva set, that might work.
By Elwynbelwyn 2015-02-19 08:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

you'll resist rani's charm easily and reliably in a good magic evasion set for example
Or better yet, start an Epona's Ring farming party.