2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » February Update Preview Video
February Update Preview Video
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Pantafernando 2015-02-19 04:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Selindrile said: »
WSD10 would be quite different from .1FTP right? Wouldn't WSD10 make the belt better for single hits and not multihits that carry FTP like the old belts, because doesn't WSD not get carried over even on ws that carry FTP?

Or am I hopelessly confused, that's also a total possibility, then again, the same could simply be true of their localization team.

Totally.

Supose rudras at 3000 (ftp 19,5). Fpt +0.1 would be an increase of 0,5% wsd.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-19 04:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hippomenes Socks.

Depending of latent, this item can be BROKEN.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-02-19 04:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I can only assume it's worded poorly and isn't actually as simple as WSD+10%. They probably write +0.1 fTP as 10% WSD, even though it isn't really that but still. This would be an indirect nerf to some weaponskills and a buff to others if it was +10% WSD, and any WS that transfers fTP would still need to use NQ ele gorgets

flee feet 99% sure to be activated when hit like every other pair of boots that have had that effect
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-02-19 04:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

10% WSD is starting to look like a mistranslation. Testing with Sidewinder and the numbers I'm getting are equating to as if they were 25/256 (.09765625) fTP like before.

On another note, I don't know if they transfer to all hits like before. I don't know a good method for testing, but I popped a Primeval Brew and did Requiescats on an NM that could survive a few of them. I removed all forms of multi-attack gear to avoid multi-hits. Without neck/belt I was getting approximately 12k WSs, with both I was getting approximately 14k WSs. Dunno if that's about the increase it should be doing or not.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-02-19 04:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless they caused fTP to not transfer to every hit for those WSs, they still transfer.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-19 04:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
flee feet 99% sure to be activated when hit like every other pair of boots that have had that effect

I just checked wikia, seems like this slacks are the 119 version of:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Caitiff%27s_Socks

Probably lufaise meadow unity nm.

If the latent is the same, so its hp<25% tp<1000. I was considering those legs for nyzul, but walking with orange hp never suited my tastes.
 Valefor.Yankke
user: Yankke23
By Valefor.Yankke 2015-02-19 05:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Which new job ability gift relase in this update now,?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-19 05:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
10% WSD is starting to look like a mistranslation. Testing with Sidewinder and the numbers I'm getting are equating to as if they were 25/256 (.09765625) fTP like before.

On another note, I don't know if they transfer to all hits like before. I don't know a good method for testing, but I popped a Primeval Brew and did Requiescats on an NM that could survive a few of them. I removed all forms of multi-attack gear to avoid multi-hits. Without neck/belt I was getting approximately 12k WSs, with both I was getting approximately 14k WSs. Dunno if that's about the increase it should be doing or not.

That's a pretty hardcore mistranslation. 10% WSD vs the standard .1ftp Can't even imagine how retardedly broken Rudra's would've gotten from 10% WSD. And then ANOTHER 10% from the gorget.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-02-19 06:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Grand coffers obtainable in Incursion have undergone the following adjustments.
Grand coffers obtainable from Ymmr-Ulvid, Ignor Mnt, Tryl-Wujs, and Gramk-Droog have an increased chance of containing job-specific capes and no longer contain gil.
Grand coffers obtainable from Durs-Vike and Liij-Voks have an increased chance of containing job-specific capes and a decreased chance of containing gil or geodes.

/rejoice
By Pantafernando 2015-02-19 07:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Quote:
Grand coffers obtainable from Ymmr-Ulvid, Ignor Mnt, Tryl-Wujs, and Gramk-Droog have an increased chance of containing job-specific capes and no longer contain gil.
Grand coffers obtainable from Durs-Vike and Liij-Voks have an increased chance of containing job-specific capes and a decreased chance of containing gil or geodes.

/rejoice

What about this?

Quote:
When having Divainy-Gamainy in Western Adoulin (J-10) engraving the following items with arcane glyptics, the values will be higher than they were previously.

Ohrmazd / Ipetam / Claidheamh Soluis / Macbain / Kumbhakarna / Svarga / Inanna / Olyndicus /
Izuna / Nenekirimaru / Nehushtan / Keraunos / Phaosphaelia / Doomsday / Linos / Svalinn

Basically its saying:

1. For anyone who spend millions to augment alluvion skirmish weapons, basically you wasted your money, because if you reaugment your weapon, it will be stronger.

2. Linos all songs +3 ? >.>
[+]
 Asura.Crevox
Server: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-19 08:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Come on, we all know that already exists. :)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-19 08:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Quote:

/rejoice

What about this?

Quote:
When having Divainy-Gamainy in Western Adoulin (J-10) engraving the following items with arcane glyptics, the values will be higher than they were previously.

Ohrmazd / Ipetam / Claidheamh Soluis / Macbain / Kumbhakarna / Svarga / Inanna / Olyndicus /
Izuna / Nenekirimaru / Nehushtan / Keraunos / Phaosphaelia / Doomsday / Linos / Svalinn

Basically its saying:

1. For anyone who spend millions to augment alluvion skirmish weapons, basically you wasted your money, because if you reaugment your weapon, it will be stronger.

smfh. How did i know this was coming, as I asked aboutthis multiple times in linkshell.

So my +2crit/+18acc Macbain is....well, it would be worthless anyways for RUN since it sucks compared to foreshock blade. Watch third augment slot be something insane like dmg+35, and the reaugments on acc/att da critbe something insanely high.

They just have no issue at all with spitting a full junebug right into your face.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-19 08:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

GEO's new spells are kind of cheesy. Single-target tier5 nukes. Bleh. -ra III would probably have been more desirable.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-19 09:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, so SE has this very clear trend of making old Skirmish equipment and augments obsolete, and people are still surprised when it happens? I hate to be the guy that points this out, but maybe spending tons of gil on the "perfect augment" every time a new Skirmish comes out might not be the best idea.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-19 09:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Okay, so SE has this very clear trend of making old Skirmish equipment and augments obsolete, and people are still surprised when it happens? I hate to be the guy that points this out, but maybe spending tons of gil on the "perfect augment" every time a new Skirmish comes out might not be the best idea.

Please keep spending millions on the augs, it's entertaining every time they get wiped and people *** about it!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-19 10:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

While a agree with that, i just found this update to be particularly way more cruel.

Like skirmish yorcia -> skirmish rakaznar, you lost all augments, but it was because your gear increase its level. But right now, not even new gear was introduced. They just said the augments got more powerful starting this very moment. And its not even sidegrade. The reaugmenting will result in an upgrade.
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-02-19 10:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
They just said the augments got more powerful starting this very moment. And its not even sidegrade. The reaugmenting will result in an upgrade.

So you have testing to back this up? Without any testing, I took their note to mean the average increases have been increased. IE, no more att+2 and other such nonsense.

FWIW, there is new gear, and if the above is incorrect, the only people it'd harm are the one's who spent millions in perfecting the weapons. And even then, calling it "harm" is pretty inaccurate since the augments aren't wiped or anything.
 Ragnarok.Garota
Server: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-02-19 10:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So SCH's Storm II spells provide the same Attributes as the original Storm spells? Also I'm guessing they overwrite one another and don't stack? Can't cast a Double Weather effect on yourself? Would have been nice to be able to run around with Hailstorm & Hailstorm II for INT+24, or Voidstorm & Voidstorm II for All Stats+12.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-19 10:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't the Storm II spells be double weather?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-19 10:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll probably just get a third augment and call it a day. Only the great sword did I actually spend money on. Everything else was just lols
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-02-19 10:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Garota said: »
So SCH's Storm II spells provide the same Attributes as the original Storm spells? Also I'm guessing they overwrite one another and don't stack? Can't cast a Double Weather effect on yourself? Would have been nice to be able to run around with Hailstorm & Hailstorm II for INT+24, or Voidstorm & Voidstorm II for All Stats+12.
Reports I've seen have been that the original weathers can overwrite the new ones, stat bonuses are the same, however the new storms due act like double weather.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
Server: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-02-19 10:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh! Double Weather effect is nice then. Saves hassle from casting two spells like I was describing.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7