Dancing Salvage Bans.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Dancing Salvage Bans.
Dancing Salvage Bans.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2015-03-06 01:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Technically anyone who uses windower is viable to be banned.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-03-06 02:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

How is this thread still going? lol

Guy cheats > Gets banned > OMAGAH I GOT BANNED! IT NOT FAIRZ!

Wonder if it would make it to page 30 if they banned his main. Kinda hope they do just to see the fallout.
[+]
 Asura.Devdas
Server: Asura
user: Lerouge
By Asura.Devdas 2015-03-06 02:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
You guys crack me up.

This game isn't worth actually playing (for me) anymore. Of COURSE I'm going to bot it. I mean come on, I've only been saying that for a year now...

It's comments like these that make you seem like a complete joke to the people that read your posts and encourage them to argue with you for kicks. You are sitting on a forum of people talking about this game bitching about how bad it is on a constant basis, yet you are still willing to dish out 12.95 or whatever to get advancement without being there? What purpose does that serve to you? I thought people that post on these forums and complain about this game that don't play anymore was idiotic but god damn man.

Overall unrelated to what was said above, it sucks that SE is starting to tighten down on people who obviously bot but at the same time it's kinda what you should expect. It's kinda the contract you are signing when you open up any of these programs knowing whatever you are doing is wrong. It's similar to speeding down a road and then getting pissed when you get pulled over cause "I was going only 100 in a 50 lane, I could have been going 130 this is ***." Various reports come in from people saying that clean accounts are getting banned is most likely *** and they got cited for something and don't remember/ don't want to admit it/ or were not informed via a ban and instead received a tick against your account.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-03-06 03:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Devdas said: »
It's comments like these that make you seem like a complete joke to the people that read your posts and encourage them to argue with you for kicks. You are sitting on a forum of people talking about this game bitching about how bad it is on a constant basis, yet you are still willing to dish out 12.95 or whatever to get advancement without being there? What purpose does that serve to you? I thought people that post on these forums and complain about this game that don't play anymore was idiotic but god damn man.

Actually more than 12.95 as he has mules, and if one of them is banned, he will build another one in 1 day.

About valli topic, i just think you guys give him more attention than what he deserves, thats all.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-06 06:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Just doingbskirmish sometimes and hoping my account lasts long enough for my DNC to wear reforged empyrean armor.
Uh oh; you expect to be banned? : /

I guess I do not actively expect to be banned, but I expect that I could be banned at any time for past or future offenses.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-03-06 10:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Actually more than 12.95 as he has mules, and if one of them is banned, he will build another one in 1 day.

About valli topic, i just think you guys give him more attention than what he deserves, thats all.

No don't stop giving me attention, it's hilarious. I do literally, only post for entertainment purposes. I've said it before, not one serious post, ever, on this entire site.

This website has been more fun than XI itself has EVER been. You entertain FAR MORE, with your over-reaction, and misunderstandings than killing mobs ever could, and I love you all for it! nohomo.

I guess I do not actively expect to be banned, but I expect that I could be banned at any time for past or future offenses.

Same boat. Got enough shinies, and if I can't bot, then the game isn't worth playing. They can just go ahead and ban for past offenses at any time. So, if you've ever cheated, probably gonna be got. If byrth gets popped... may as well stick the tombstone on the game brosephs.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-06 10:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

No don't stop giving me attention, it's hilarious. I do literally, only post for entertainment purposes. I've said it before, not one serious post, ever, on this entire site.

This website has been more fun than XI itself has EVER been. You entertain FAR MORE, with your retardation, and misunderstandings than killing mobs ever could, and I love you all for it!

/ignore
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-03-06 10:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Awe panta, you're one of my favorite artards don't ignore me, you love it. <3 Nohomo.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2015-03-06 10:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This website has been more fun than XI itself has EVER been. You entertain FAR MORE, with your retardation, and misunderstandings than killing mobs ever could, and I love you all for it! nohomo.

Ironically, you provide us with some of the best entertainment on all the FFXI forums. I personally keep checking this thread because I think there's no way you could possibly make a bigger *** out of yourself, but you always seem to find a way.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-03-06 11:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If byrth gets popped... may as well stick the tombstone on the game brosephs.

The game will not die from bans, over 2/3 of players are legit/pseudo-legit japanese. SE is almost certainly counting on that.

If anyone thinks the english-speaking end isn't at risk though, you're delusional. A couple bans causes the rest of a small-medium linkshell to fall apart. Ban 20 people per server, lose 15 of their friends per server, activity drops noticably on server after losing 35 active players, and more quit or transfer away.

If they feel the current style of play is unacceptable and are prepared to lose a huge portion of their english speaking playerbase, that's their choice. People cheated/continue to cheat and they can't really argue innocence.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-06 11:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Awe panta, you're one of my favorite artards don't ignore me, you love it. <3 Nohomo.

I dont dislike or hate you, just sometimes i dont aggre with your opinions and when im bored i feel like answering but not discussing, after all, its your opinion, all i can do is to respect it.

But i need to be frank, your lasts 5 or 6 posts that i didnt aggre with you, i typed an answer, but in those 5 or 6 times, even after typing all text, i just ended closing the tab and checking another topic.

I guess, its not worth anymore.
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-06 11:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Quote:
If byrth gets popped... may as well stick the tombstone on the game brosephs.

The game will not die from bans, over 2/3 of players are legit/pseudo-legit japanese. SE is almost certainly counting on that.

If anyone thinks the english-speaking end isn't at risk though, you're delusional. A couple bans causes the rest of a small-medium linkshell to fall apart. Ban 20 people per server, lose 15 of their friends per server, activity drops noticably on server after losing 35 active players, and more quit or transfer away.

If they feel the current style of play is unacceptable and are prepared to lose a huge portion of their english speaking playerbase, that's their choice. People cheated/continue to cheat and they can't really argue innocence.

Since we're just throwing out numbers and predicting outcomes based on those numbers:

-Half of those banned will borrow/purchase/re-grind (including botting) new accounts
-Half of those linkshells will server hop and continue to play
-One in twenty Continuing players will make secondary accounts to multi-box content in the absence of those banned

Everyone loves to think that the world will die without them because players like them, almost certainly, MUST be the majority.
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-06 11:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the only thing anyone should fear, more than banning, is discontinuing support of windower, plugins, and lua's.

The ripple from that evoke a large number of players to consider moving on.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-06 14:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Community is already hurting from Motenten's absence, really.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-03-06 14:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've said it before and I'll say it again. SE needs to formally hire the Windower devs as the heads of UI development. They are far more proficient at producing game enhancing UI tools than the actual SE devs, and they do it in their spare time.

Just imagine what they could create if they did it full time.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-06 14:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't you try to logic at them !

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-03-06 15:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ilvl ruined it for me. There's no coming back once you go full
Grew more and more dissatisfied with the growing amount of random aspects too. A sane person can only handle so much dice roll.

(wasn't fun when I started either... was pretty irritating at the beginning lol!) Like everything it has/had moments.
By mortontony1 2015-03-06 15:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ilvl ruined it for me. There's no coming back once you go full
Grew more and more dissatisfied with the growing amount of random aspects too. A sane person can only handle so much dice roll.

(wasn't fun when I started either... was pretty irritating at the beginning lol!) Like everything it has/had moments.

Didn't you hear about new ilvl earrings and rings next update though?! Stat vomit for dayzzzz
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-03-06 15:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Valli said:
Same boat. Got enough shinies, and if I can't bot, then the game isn't worth playing.
This is extremely saddening to hear.

Think back to when you started and how much fun this video game was seƱor.
in your own video(which was a much easier way to see what new skirmish is like btw, don't get me wrong), you've obviously got a script looping stone (and presumably other scripts going on)

pretty sure that qualifies as botting/cheating, and you'd also enjoy the game much less/not at all without the ability to do that kind of stuff
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-06 15:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

SE will probably ban me at some point, but Lua is easy and I'm sure someone else will pick up the flag when I go.

The guys that actually do the C side of Windower will probably never be banned because most of them don't even have active accounts.

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-06 15:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

SE will probably ban me at some point, but Lua is easy and I'm sure someone else will pick up the flag when I go.

The guys that actually do the C side of Windower will probably never be banned because most of them don't even have active accounts.
If anything, SE has a greater chance of hiring you. Or at least a competing company will.

As simple as Lua is, it's pretty much genius, and SE would be out of their collective minds to let that one slide out of their grasp.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-03-06 15:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
If anything, SE has a greater chance of hiring you. Or at least a competing company will.

As simple as Lua is, it's pretty much genius, and SE would be out of their collective minds to let that one slide out of their grasp.

not to lessen byrth's work, but this is a ridiculous presumption that has absolutely 0 base in reality
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-06 16:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, absolutely not. I have very little experience with real programming languages, no formal background in programming (and thus no idea about best practices, etc.), and I don't live in California or Japan and do not want to move there.

I'd be a horrible candidate and would be totally unable to contribute to actual FFXI programming in any way. If they want to pay me to send them e-mails about how to make the game better then I would be interested. However, considering they banned me from the official forums where I was providing that service for free, I doubt they are interested.

Arcon, Iryoku, Cair, Josh, Atom0s, Thorny, etc. are all much better candidates, but SE probably can't afford them. Even then, I can't really imagine anyone from the third party actually working for SE. I think it would just be so frustrating after years of being able to do whatever we want.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-03-06 16:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going more for SE's ban with 0 correspondence bit. Odds are nobody of importance at SE even knows our handles, much less names.

Pretty sure you'd be running circles around their monkeys after a month or two on C++.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-06 16:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
I'd be a horrible candidate and would be totally unable to contribute to actual FFXI programming in any way.
Your humility is a good trait to possess but you do undersell yourself quite a bit to a point of almost self deprecation. Formal education is a means to an end, many professional 3d artists never had an education for example and they work for blockbuster movies and AAA games. As with any skill the main qualities are passion and doing it a ton. If you've spent 10,000 hours on something that's a good rule if you're a master of it or not. Not a perfect rule. But add up how many hours a week you need for how long to get to 10,000 hours and I think you'll see my point. I have no idea how long you have worked on lua code but you contribute a lot and that's appreciated by myself and others. Where the passion is, skill follows.

As for your ban on the official forums was that really the purpose? Or was that an issue of passion too and maybe one too many arguments. In any case, I doubt they will ban for anything but outright botting. Using Gearswap to make AI decisions for you based on the context of the game without hitting buttons for example. Basically if you can do it with traditional macros but windower just makes it easier/more efficient I see no problem. It's when you start programming AI loops you get into trouble. I've been tempted to for instance just have stances of AI for my geo mule. Then I realized it would be banned because it's just a bot. Windower grays that line very easily and if you walk into the gray area of the rules you can't cry if you get banned. On the other hand SE seems to work with most windower people rather than against. Bots and RMT are the main crackdown.

Take it easy, pal, there's already enough noses up B's butt.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18