Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-10 02:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Xolotl - New BAD *** dagger = Pharpe?
Megalobugard
That bat in Miserablecoast - Upyri
Buffalo for whm shoes - Bonnacon

Not surprised, more lame unity. Enjoy your reskins, and shitty gear.

Dat earring, hot like FIRE though.

Trolledbyscythe

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46006
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-02-10 02:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's too bad that they don't bother adding more jobs to the new ilvl versions of the weapons and armor
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-10 02:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

That earring is such a pain in the ***... And might have to carry the NQ too depending on the ws... Ugh, damn it SE, Just as I'm going to get space back from obi/gorget/belt, you pull this crap.

My gripe being that the earring won't replace anything. They'll be great latent up, and trash latent down. So I get to carry 2 extra earrings in my already overloaded PLD inv.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2015-02-10 03:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone done any dat mining yet? Curious to see what Xolotl v2 drops.
 Valefor.Psykopat
Server: Valefor
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2015-02-10 03:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone would need a dolorean for that >.> Or any other mean to time travel!
[+]
By Crevox 2015-02-10 03:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »

Patch isn't out yet so we have no data. These are just from the preview post.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2015-02-10 03:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ok my bad. Thought they added then today.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-02-10 03:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It's odd we're almost halfway through the month and no mention of the next update.
[+]
By Crevox 2015-02-10 04:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It will probably be next week, as they're still posting their preview stuffs. They only really give a date once they're done posting all that.

If their QA is still ongoing then it might be pushed back another week. It's a pretty beefy patch, so it will just depend on whether or not they find any critical issues.
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2015-02-10 04:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
This update is about pet jobs, right?

[+]
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-10 04:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
My gripe being that the earring won't replace anything. They'll be great latent up, and trash latent down. So I get to carry 2 extra earrings in my already overloaded PLD inv.

Just do what I do for super conditional items like this. Tweak your gearswap to pull it out of your sack when the conditions match for the latent, and back away when it's over.

Of course, that's assuming you use gearswap. But it's helpful!
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-10 04:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

What a garbage update this is going to be unless new skirmish is fun and the rewards are interesting.

Has anyone projected how many more months of rehashed NMs they can milk for unity before their hand is forced to make something more original?

Voidwatch 2.0 with ilevel gear rehashes would have been 100x better than this unity stuff even with super low drop rate.
SE give us (ilevel) pulse weapons and armor again! Even the non glowy armor sets had some pretty sweet pieces.
By Crevox 2015-02-10 05:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Has anyone projected how many more months of rehashed NMs

I wouldn't really call them rehashed because they have completely different mechanics in most (all?) cases.

Douma Weapon summons tons of copies of himself and does other things. The malboro changes form and spams an unstunnable Bad Breath for 1000-1600 damage, but if you proc him, it will terrorize him. Intuila spams Curaga (he's the guy that dropped the Curaga Earring before!) and you can silence him.

They're all just nifty fights with varying difficulty, while also offering a homeage to past NMs. It's friendly, approachable, and nostalgic in a way. I wouldn't call it rehashing content, unless you call them not making a completely new model/texture for every single NM rehashing. It's a nice new version of Voidwatch, basically. It's a very easy way for them to add new battle fights to the game (very cheap development cost) while also adding new items for players to get.

Perosonally, I like the system. My only complaints are the sometimes insanely bad randomness of the coffers and gathering accolades can be a pain.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Galmaximas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Galmaximas 2015-02-10 05:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »
Quote:

Just do what I do for super conditional items like this. Tweak your gearswap to pull it out of your sack when the conditions match for the latent, and back away when it's over.

can you give an example of what this would look like via gearsawp I.E is it a function or what? thanks in advance
By Crevox 2015-02-10 05:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Galmaximas said: »
can you give an example of what this would look like via gearsawp I.E is it a function or what? thanks in advance

Here's an example for Desert Boots. In gearswap, you can have a function called job_buff_change(buff, gain). This function is called whenever you get (or lose) a buff. So, I coded it so if I get Sandstorm, it pulls my Desert Boots out of my sack and equips them. As soon as I lose sandstorm, it puts them back away.

Now, in that rare scenario I actually do get sandstorm, I'll run faster. I'll probably also code it so it happens if there's weather going on too.

It looks like this:

Code
if (buff=="Sandstorm" and gain) then
		if (not player.inventory["Desert Boots"]) then
			send_command("get Desert Boots")
			if (not pet.isvalid or (pet.isvalid and pet.status == 'Idle')) then
				send_command("wait 1; gs equip sets.DesertBoots")
			end
		end
	elseif (buff=="Sandstorm" and not gain) then
		if (player.inventory["Desert Boots"]) then
			if (pet.isvalid) then
				equip({feet="Convoker's Pigaches +1"})
			else
				equip({feet="Serpentes Sabots"})
			end
			send_command("put Desert Boots sack")
		end
	end

Note there's some pet like stuff in there, cause I'm a summoner, so I'm adjusting the equip whether or not my pet is currently attacking something (I don't care about it if I'm in combat). You wouldn't need all that, but you might have conditions of your own if you're a different job.

This will only equip it once, but if you tweak your customize_idle_set function, you can make it so it will maintain it on your idle set if you still have the buff and change your boots for some reason:

Code
if (buffactive["Sandstorm"] and player.inventory["Desert Boots"]) then
		idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, {feet="Desert Boots"})
	end

And, if you want to be super sure that the boots get put away properly and get taken out properly (just in case you like disconnect or something, who knows!) you can add an extra check before that too:

Code
if (player.inventory["Desert Boots"] and not buffactive["Sandstorm"]) then
		send_command("put Desert Boots sack")
	elseif (buffactive["Sandstorm"] and not player.inventory["Desert Boots"]) then
		send_command("get Desert Boots")
	end

Hurray for coding. I'm getting to be a big fan of doing stuff like this for conditional items. I'm doing it for my Balrahn's Ring and reive necklace too.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-02-10 05:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what Martel's problem is specifically, but personally my issues these days aren't with the "player's inventory" repository anymore, not since they added Wardrobe at least (things used to be different back then, especially on jobs like SCH).
My issues are with the inventory space overall.
I have so tight space in there that I really want to avoid getting super situational stuff, especially when the difference is not gonna be huge.

Yes, I could gain a lot of space by using Mog Porter Slips (which I already do, for stuff I don't currently use) but then it would be super annoying and you wouldn't be able to use GearCollector to gear up your jobs.

So yeah, my +1 inventory space issues isn't within the 80 slots of the main inventory, but with the overall inventory :(
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-10 05:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I have an inventory problem because of stupid bonanza!!
[+]
By Crevox 2015-02-10 05:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
So yeah, my +1 inventory space issues isn't within the 80 slots of the main inventory, but with the overall inventory :(

I guess if you've been playing for a long time, that would be an issue.

Sometimes I feel pretty stuffed up, but then if I look in my sack, there's like a bajillion items I could move somewhere else or delivery box to my mule. I used to use him to store the 30k alexandrite, but now, I just store all that equipment on him that's "oh man this is kinda rare/hard to get but I don't know if I'm gonna ever play this job I don't want to throw it away omgomgmomg okay mule time."
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-02-10 05:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing since 2004 but it's more the fact that I'm crasy enough to have 9+ jobs geared up to good standards, some to pretty good ones actually. (and then I have either retired jobs or THF, which is seminaked aside from a couple of JSE, rest is shared with other jobs)

I kinda muled everything I could mule aside no more than a handful of items.
The rest is either stuff I need/use, or stuff I cannot mule. Which... I could trash I guess, and sometimes I get pissed and I do tbf lol.

Best part of next patch is I'll gain 21 inventory space from elemental stuff, and 10 from Bonanza! \o/
If they keep adding sidegrades I'm gonna be packed full again in 3-4 months though lol.
Either way, I'll cut with the [/ot], I apologize for this derailing.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-02-10 06:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Not going to lie. When I saw the zones listed, I hadn't clicked to see the actual mobs. So seeing Attohwa and Ulu Range listed, I thought they were adding in iLvL Tiamat and Jorm. Was hoping for some ilvl Heralds Gaiters and Merc. Pole.
 Carbuncle.Galmaximas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Galmaximas 2015-02-10 07:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

@Crevok thanks for the example I am a novice at best with gear swap but I am an expert at following directions gogoarmy life lol
By Chyula 2015-02-10 10:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

holy ***at that earring nq + hq. that scythe is overpower with 5% c.dmg boost doing rudra, oh wait nvm.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-02-10 11:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I have an inventory problem because of stupid bonanza!!
JFC... Why can't these stupid things be KIs... or something... why's it gotta eat ten inventory slots... bluh.
(I'm actually not sure the system would be able to do KIs... maybe if they added another abyssea/VW-like partition... but... I'm not sure.)

As for the new stuff....
I'm not sure how I feel about the incoming 119 cure clogs... namely because we already have iLv cure clogs... so... looking forward to seeing how much redundancy there is. (Or maybe we'll get lucky and have refresh+2 shoes that are also good for cures.)

I WOULD be excited about the 119 Perseus' Harpe... except given their past Unity NM rewards as a guideline.... DNC won't be getting any new daggers until one drops from a WotG zone's Unity NM.

And 119 Hercules Ring and those flee boots... I don't even know what to think of them... the ring might have a use, but the boots are just... pure gimmick.
Then again, maybe they'll have some crazy random good stat on them?
Then again... 119 yingyang robe.
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-02-10 11:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

SE's love towards scythes makes my heart hurt
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-10 12:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish this was a joke. Then it would be funny.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-02-10 12:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

ohhh no, it's funny...

it's like that funny that starts as laughing then slowly gravitates towards sobbing.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-10 12:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I'm aware of the possibility, and know how to code it. However, this would require me to have the extra space in my inv to pull the damn things out. I sit at 78/80(and 80/80 wardrobe) on PLD, and I do NOT want to lose drops because an automatic function filled my inv and I didn't remember to clear them.

My overall player inventory is fine. I only play 3 jobs on Martel afterall. But I gear those jobs for any and every situation.

Now post obi/gorget/belt update, I'll have the wardrobe space to just dump the earrings in there. But it's still annoying that SE is making latent ***like this that further bloats already stressed inventories.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-10 12:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
It's too bad that they don't bother adding more jobs to the new ilvl versions of the weapons and armor

They are bringing back all of the Zilart/Cop HNM & special NM-tier monsters back into the fray, revived into Ilvl form. They are just being lazy with the job selection and model of it, because its easy to code the exact same monster, with higher stats, and drops the same exact thing, with just higher stats. Nothing has changed since hunting the former versions of these monsters, its just they decided to call it WANTED and it has some niche upgrades.

Looking at the list, its clear LoO is giong to be added sooner or later, and yes, it is going to be a huge disappointment for GEOs (they weren't on Kclub). I don't know about bosses like Tiamat/Vrtra etc, but the current model seems to be the following:

-Was the monster popular? Add it.
-Did it drop something niche and was trendy? Add it
-Did people fight over these monsters back in the day? Add it
-Were there some monsters that dropped absolute garbage that we can encourage some players to take another stab at (Largantua)? -Add it
-Add new jobs to these items? Nah, that'd be too much work

Xol will probably drop a new Kote: Att+30 Acc+30 Haste+3% Evasion+30 STP-15 Unity Ranking: Zanshin+5-15%
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-10 14:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Where the god damn *** is +magic damage, +drain aspir potency etc. on Scythes. This 188 skill ***is getting old. 215+ or GTFO

Jesus SE.
[+]
By Chyula 2015-02-10 16:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

SE now just need to give drk ilvl emp gears with increase ws c.dmg to complete the job
First Page 2