2015 Expansion
First Page 2 3 4
 Asura.Saprykin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: UryuAsura
By Asura.Saprykin 2015-02-03 02:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the odds of seeing an expansion this year? Or are we likely to just be treated to more gear being 119'd?
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-02-03 02:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

While not immediately tossing the idea to the realm of impossibilities, I'd say it's a pretty small chance.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-02-03 02:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't be shocked by something more along the lines of an Abyssea mini-expansion. In fact, a new set of ilevel Abyssea zones re-purposing existing content and providing reforged empyrean armor seems not all that unrealistic a possibility.

Full expansion? While I'd love to see it, yeah, I don't necessarily expect it in 2015.
By Wordspoken 2015-02-03 04:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

With how fast SE is doing the expansions, we shouldn't be seeing an expansion in 2015. About an year from announcement and it hasn't been announced so...
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-03 04:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bigger than most seem to think.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-03 05:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

2015 sounds impossible. 2016-2017 more likely.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Arcksan
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pluton
By Carbuncle.Arcksan 2015-02-03 06:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG please no abyssea !!!!
[+]
By Blazed1979 2015-02-03 06:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There wasn't supposed to be a SoA expansion. I doubt there will be another expansion, ever.
Mini-add ons are more likely, if at all.
Most likely is just higher ilvl gear and rehatched old content like DM-DMII.

If they were smart they would just release sky/sea/HNMs 2.0 dropping ilvl150 gear + an ultimate weapon requiring mythic/empyrean/relic @ ilvl130+ and call it. They could let the game cruise there for another 5 years and people would still have stuff to do.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-02-03 08:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost every single discussion thread I have been visiting lately are full of doomsayers... We all know the game is too old, ridden with console port spaghetti code, managed by a small team etc. It isn't like we are living in a dream with rainbow farting ponies. This ricidulous negativism should just stop. Give people who would enjoy the game while it lasts a break...

@OP, I won't be surprised if they announce a new expansion this year. SoA is pretty small scale so far. They should be able to release another one like that.
[+]
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-02-03 08:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

if there is an expansion then it would be something like abyssea.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-02-03 08:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't mind seeing at the very least a healthy robust add-on that perhaps contains overarching storylines. There's a number of directions and creativity options that SE could explore - like continuing elements from the Zilart, Chains of Promathia, Treasures or Wings history and lore.

Honestly, how many people are really doing the new Adoulin quests that are being released regularly? I'm going to take a wild shot in the dark and say that probably more people are not more than are.

I mean, I thoroughly enjoyed the Seekers expansion and storyline, but if I had to input my 2-gils worth, I wouldn't vote for the continuation of that story in a new expansion.
[+]
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-02-03 08:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
I wouldn't mind seeing at the very least a healthy robust add-on that perhaps contains overarching storylines. There's a number of directions and creativity options that SE could explore - like continuing elements from the Zilart, Chains of Promathia, Treasures or Wings history and lore.

Honestly, how many people are really doing the new Adoulin quests that are being released regularly? I'm going to take a wild shot in the dark and say that probably more people are not more than are.

I mean, I thoroughly enjoyed the Seekers expansion and storyline, but if I had to input my 2-gils worth, I wouldn't vote for the continuation of that story in a new expansion.
I've done most of them, more to get the silver shovel cordon, I may catch up with the few I haven't done in case they decide to introduce gold versions of those KIs.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-03 09:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be nice, but unlikely. I don't want more rehashed 75 content that we will spam for reskinned old gear and never do again.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-03 09:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy XI: Return to Abyssea
Final Fantasy XI: Abyssea Triumphant
Final Fantasy XI: 'til the end of Abyssea

Takes place after the events of original Abyssea, involves mirror universe counterparts to save on production costs, features new zones and adventures involving your Cruor Prospector.
[+]
By Infiltration 2015-02-03 09:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

All the SoA/delve/skirmish skins look like a**. I really wish they brought back gear which actually looked nice. Salvage/Zilart had some of the best gear skins in the game. Wearing AF1 gear skins all over again looks like plain a** since this ilvl was introduced and sadly most of them are BiS.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-03 10:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Add armor dyeing, lol. Doesn't FFXIV have that?
By fonewear 2015-02-03 10:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hoping for more Abyssea with even more tedious ways to obtain weapons and armor !
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2015-02-03 10:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

More Shantotto please!!!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-03 10:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea-Mount Zhayolm
Abyssea-Zitah
Abyssea-Marjami
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-03 10:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea-Dynamis-Jeuno
Abyssea-Dynamis-Bastok
Abyssea-Dynamis-Windurst
Abyssea-Dyanmis-San d' Oria.
[+]
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2015-02-03 10:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Server merge yes please
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2015-02-03 10:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Need new VW !
[+]
 Ragnarok.Navara
Server: Ragnarok
user: xff8x
By Ragnarok.Navara 2015-02-03 19:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Need new VW !

Seriously, this. I loved VW so much. Didn't they say we'd be getting an updated system of VW eventually? Or even adding VW rifts to the SoA zones? ... For me, VW was the best end-game content in years. Yes it was frustrating, as the RNG God likes to be, but it was so fun.. and addictive.
[+]
By Nyruul 2015-02-03 19:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess if there is one..

Next expansion: Where the boat out from Norg goes.
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-02-03 19:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get the desire for mini-addons. Paying $10 for a dozen quests/CSs with a few gimmicky fights and a single piece of useful gear at the end of it was silly. Abyssea got the addon system right at least, but even then, we paid for things that we should expect as part of regularly updating the game in a subscription model IMO. Expansions are best reserved for large swaths of new areas and content. Leave the rest to regular updates.

My take, if their player base is maintained throughout 2015, I'd be surprised if something wasn't announced in the last quarter or early 2016. Regardless of the outcome of SoA and the current state of the game, SoA proved there was a sizable amount of people that'd come back to the game if they felt life was being injected into it. It's too bad their content path from the onset of SoA was laden with so many issues, maybe the numbers wouldn't of taken such a dive at various times.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2015-02-03 19:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope it's Abyssea where you only have to be lvl 1 to enter, all fights are 100% drops of all loot, and forced pop by clicking anywhere on the screen.
Also, crafting skill-up pages to crash markets, available for 1 cruor each.
Maybe next, some Dynamis - Abyssea, where the ilvl Empy comes from. All proc-based staggers of course, triggered by just engaging.
[+]
By Nyruul 2015-02-03 20:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »
I don't get the desire for mini-addons. Paying $10 for a dozen quests/CSs with a few gimmicky fights and a single piece of useful gear at the end of it was silly. Abyssea got the addon system right at least, but even then, we paid for things that we should expect as part of regularly updating the game in a subscription model IMO. Expansions are best reserved for large swaths of new areas and content. Leave the rest to regular updates.

My take, if their player base is maintained throughout 2015, I'd be surprised if something wasn't announced in the last quarter or early 2016. Regardless of the outcome of SoA and the current state of the game, SoA proved there was a sizable amount of people that'd come back to the game if they felt life was being injected into it. It's too bad their content path from the onset of SoA was laden with so many issues, maybe the numbers wouldn't of taken such a dive at various times.

Agreed, and if they "Do it right" this time they are going to once again strike a nerve for the hardcore players when they make easy accessibility for returners/newcomers to jump into current content.

Honestly SE really should take a step back and correct the path from point A to point B(start of current endgame content.) Trust is not enough, no one wants to grind with 3 mindless NPCs that 3rd party can perform better doing. RoE is kind of a joke but it's a very very minor start to this.

Ik none of that is what WE want but maybe if they made this game more worthwhile for newcomers we would have a larger player base to support a reason to give hardcore players new content. So many RL friends have joined this game and just left soon after because of how unuser friendly/etc this game is. Ik nuisances like engage delay/JA wait will never go away but there are a lot of things SE can rework even with the mess of code. SE needs to stop milking this game as it is and work to improve where it is. There is a lot that can be done, honestly how many of us will really get mad at this point if all the old content got a real and proper rehash after all that has been done over the course of time.

If old content was made more interesting and maybe if SE did something like make subs $9.95 and advertise some there would be a push. Only problem with that is SE would actually have to deliver... Something SE has not been so great at.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-03 20:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyruul said: »

IIRC, they answered that already.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-03 20:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mckeag said: »
Server merge yes please
Thanks for the offer but I'll have to pass!
By Nyruul 2015-02-03 20:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Nyruul said: »

IIRC, they answered that already.

Yeah they did recently. Vivi posted an interview with SE where the question had been asked.
First Page 2 3 4