Forum » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » LTB Arhat's Gi +1 Arhat's Jinpachi +1
LTB Arhat's Gi +1 Arhat's Jinpachi +1
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-02-02 14:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If any high level crafters would be willing to make these and perhaps just put them up on the auction house (I have been checking every day hoping someone would) I would be grateful. Perhaps even bump the price up a bit on them. You have no competition and there are plenty of monks out there looking for -PDT equipment.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/13802/arhats-gi-1

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/13886/arh-jinpachi-1

Nevermind. I won't be needing these after all.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-02 14:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure that in the age of iLvl, those items would be the worst possible option for MNK -PDT.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-02 15:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I npced mine after none bought it 3 times...

And i didnt asked much.

Still good for /lockstyle though.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-02 15:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Tenryu onry for lockstyle.
 Sylph.Subadai
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2015-02-02 16:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/36705/iipunch-monk-guide/32/#2416236
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-02 16:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Please be careful using that thread for current data values for MNK PDT. The information is accurate, but some of the gear is outdated. Typically, Qaaxo (all slots) or Emet (+1) body is the best MNK can be using for pure PDT I believe. If you're looking for the versatile options, Otronif (+1) (aug) with applicable PDT/MDT augments can also double over as a hybrid set as well, though, that's potentially more costly than airlixirs.

But at this point, you have far better options for PDT than arhats.
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-02-02 21:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok. So I figure I can get the full 50% -PDT using:

a full set of Otronif +1 with augments(20%)

x1 Dark Ring (5%)

Mallusca Mantle (5%)

Twilight Torque (5%)

Black Belt (5%)

and finally Defending Ring which I don't have yet.

Now if I could just find more people interested in doing Skirmish these days. I was busy catching up on abyssea stuff when everyone else was grinding Skirmishes. Not many people left who are interested in doing them anymore it seems.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-02-02 21:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be better, and in my opinion easier, to get an Emet Harness which has -5%/6% PDT built in. Really the skirmish augmenting system is pretty ***and you might just want to aim to skip it mostly. You can get Qaaxo pieces with -3% PDT (Path B) or WKR pieces that you can augment with PDT. For instance you can augment Buremte Gloves with -4% PDT/-2% MDT.

Something like this might be good:
ItemSet 332989
Before Otronif+1 it gives you 44% PDT so you only need 3% on each piece to cap which is pretty easy, also no need to get the annoying PDT earrings. Since each Otronif+1 piece only needs -3% you could just switch them out with Qaaxo also.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-02-02 21:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Before Otronif+1 it gives you 44% PDT so you only need 3% on each piece to cap which is pretty easy, also no need to get the annoying PDT earrings. Since each Otronif+1 piece only needs -3% you could just switch them out with Qaaxo also.

Not true PDT is */256 based you need 52%(sometimes more gear dependent) on most jobs to actually hit true 50%(128/256; can test on 1k needles). PLD is one job you can pull 51%(with right setup) to hit true 50%.

Its pretty much how you needed 26% gear haste(for the most part) to actually hit 25% true cap...

Here some true PDT values I tested for: PDT Values
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-02-02 22:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That's actually very interesting I had no idea PDT worked like that.
By mortontony1 2015-02-02 23:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kuwoobie said: »
Now if I could just find more people interested in doing Skirmish these days. I was busy catching up on abyssea stuff when everyone else was grinding Skirmishes. Not many people left who are interested in doing them anymore it seems.

Yorcia or Ra'Kaznar? I was able to solo all the pieces I needed in Yorcia, and if I shout for a Ra'Kaznar it never takes long to fill up. At least on Fenrir, people don't seem to shy away from a run ever.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-02-03 01:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ra'Kaznar isn't too bad either tbh. You can easily duo or trio 1/1/1s up to primary for quick runs. Pretty sure the KI rate is constant across (if very little difference) across all tiers so you can cap out pretty quickly. I managed to +1 20 pieces across 2 characters pretty quickly the first week it came out via this method
By mortontony1 2015-02-03 01:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo should be doable too with higher feet levels too iirc.

Edit: Though accidental aggro with some nms could pose quite dangerous, even with 2-3 people