Aftermath Gear?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Aftermath gear?
Aftermath gear?
By likard 2015-02-01 05:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question, I see a lot of threads of people asking for optimal gear to wear during aftermath 3 (mythic). Why is that? Is the normal normal tp gear you wore to get to am3 stage no longer viable once am3 is up? Do you want to gear for less double attack or something?
Any how, thanks in advance for any answers to this.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-02-01 06:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually it's for less QA/TA/DA. Since when those proc, it blocks AM3's OA2~3.
This is because the procing order for multi attacks is:
QA >> TA >> DA >> OAX/OA2~3
Idr which has the priority, OAX from weapons or OA2~3 from AM. And temper's OAT for that matter...
The important thing though, is that all of those are after Q/T/DA, so having lots of those hurt you. (Though I'd argue that QA and TA don't really hurt you since one is more than AM and the other is the same as the maximum... But there are those out there who say no Q/T/DA at all... So it's up to you.
Bottom line, SE should really move the AM proc up the list... To at least before DA.)
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-02-01 07:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Read this... LOTS OF MATH, so good luck

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/31534/math-oax-multi-attack-and-you
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-02-01 08:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

likard said: »
Quick question, I see a lot of threads of people asking for optimal gear to wear during aftermath 3 (mythic). Why is that? Is the normal normal tp gear you wore to get to am3 stage no longer viable once am3 is up? Do you want to gear for less double attack or something?
Any how, thanks in advance for any answers to this.

Basically as your gain Multi attack (AM3 on Koga being a good example adding 40% DA and 20% TA) Double and Triple attack lose their potency as there is a lower pool to "proc in" making 1 DA only actually worth approx ~ 0.65 (This is an example and not an actual figure), at this point you then look at your chance to multi hit per swing (Koga is like 1.9 chance), adding DA and TA doesn't gain you alot unless it's substantial amount.

The example being Otronif DA +2 set is Worse for your DPS than Crit Hit +2 when you have Aftermath up as you gain more Damage over time from the Critical Hit.

HOWEVER!

If you drop your x-hit for Huge amounts of Acc (ie your acc is 20% behind a Tsurumaru) you can drop xhit and gain a solid 60 acc to beat that Tsurumaru as X-hit doesn't hinder a Koga too much, when you don't have x-hit Double attack is better than Crit hit (Spreadsheet's don't support this but spreadsheets are not 100% right, I did the raw maths and it won but hey! it took months of arguing to show that MDB goes lower than 1 for Magic WS's and GEO abuse ~).

That said, the amount of Acc you add in slots that happen to be slots that take Double attack so..............

Just something to think of with other jobs etc.

OF COURSE all this is irrelecant on Dual Wield Jobs as your OAT only affects one hand and DA is still king for those jobs in such stuations.
By likard 2015-02-01 08:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, thanks for all of the replies. Having read that nice math link, there was a spreadsheet for calculating hits per round. Plugging in my values there, it was easy to see that there is a diminishing return on da and ta from gear. That being said, as a dual wielder, it seemed like you needed 40-50% da and triple attack to make them significantly worse. Which you can't achieve. I guess I'll toy with different da, ta levels to see how the numbers compare.