Ban Stick
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-01-30 14:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Have been seeing a lot of people and their mules get the ban stick/hammer in the last few weeks. Anyone fear this will lead to the downfall of the game or result in perhaps a Large scale server merge?
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-30 14:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Have been seeing a lot of people and their mules get the ban stick/hammer in the last few weeks. Anyone fear this will lead to the downfall of the game or result in perhaps a Large scale server merge?

I've not seen no ban sticks.
By Ramyrez 2015-01-30 14:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Frankly, if they banned me for two-boxing they'd be doing an addict a favor. I'd be angry at first, but I'd get over it and probably be the better for it eventually.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-01-30 14:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Mind sharing the names?

I swear i didnt notice anything. And i dont think ban fest is happening, as ive been gming a group of chars that have been farming dynamis daily, 3 turns a day, exploiting flee hacks and doing rmtish transactions and they are still well and good.

Tbf, unless dude is doing prejudices, racial, sexual, etc offenses, i dont think its so trivial to be banned. Alex market is still healthy so even salvage exploit is ok. Must be doing something too serious to be banned.
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-01-30 14:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Know of someone who just got a temp recently but wasn't issued any statement from SE or contact from GM. Even the person in question isn't sure on the exact nature of it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-30 14:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-01-30 14:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

No, not going to share names but have seen a few Mythic holders on server vanish like a dine and dash at a truck stop
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-30 14:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seen anyone get the stick on Cerberus - even with all the brazen use of hacks and exploits. I just don't think SE cares anymore about all that.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-30 14:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

No, not going to share names but have seen a few Mythic holders on server vanish like a dine and dash at a truck stop

Mythic holders had their lolwtf 3 day temp ban already.

It's done.

So it's not Mythic related.

Probably those same people who did cheat, used another which they were banned for.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-01-30 14:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-30 14:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Probably those same people who did cheat, used another which they were banned for.
Or jumped servers.
By Altimaomega 2015-01-30 15:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
I haven't seen anyone get the stick on Cerberus - even with all the brazen use of hacks and exploits. I just don't think SE cares anymore about all that.

SE banning people that are still paying them to play, sounds like the way they would conduct business. If SE didn't have the FF brand they would have bankrupted themselves forever ago. Its like they try to fail.
[+]
By Nazrious 2015-01-30 15:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

or got tired and decided to give the game a break.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-30 15:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Cerberus.Avalon said: »

SE banning people that are still paying them to play, sounds like the way they would conduct business. If SE didn't have the FF brand they would have bankrupted themselves forever ago. Its like they try to fail.

Yup, hence the minuscule 3-day 'ban' that players received for exploiting the unlimited assault tag and Alex glitch.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-30 15:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Frankly, if they banned me for two-boxing they'd be doing an addict a favor. I'd be angry at first, but I'd get over it and probably be the better for it eventually.
I'd just log back in and start over lol, casually getting all my stuff back over years relaxedily. Journey and friends make the experience not the destination etc etc
You would be the one person they wouldn't ban.

How many accounts do you have again? 50? 60? Half of Siren?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-30 15:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely isn't related to 3rd party exploits. Likely the people you speak of made fun of a few JP players who decided to pick up a Schneddick Ring, and the JP button was used as revenge.

Seriously, that ring sucks lol.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-30 15:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Definitely isn't related to 3rd party exploits. Likely the people you speak of made fun of a few JP players who decided to pick up a Schneddick Ring, and the JP button was used as revenge.

Seriously, that ring sucks lol.

As funny as that is, I posted the first dipshit jp to get the shneddick ring and I'm not gone (yet~).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-30 15:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess they gonna keep clinging to that "eff NA & bots" mentality. The political statement they are making with that ring is kind of humorous, but whatevs.

I really haven't noticed anyone ever getting banned, unless it was a JP person who GM'd them. We are all well aware of the fact that the STF does not even respond appropriately to NA concerns.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-01-30 15:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Mules are just making mules now

That feels so wrong...
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-01-30 15:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

omg someone isnt seen on a server for a few days. Maybe they got tired of the side grades and took a break lol.

The only think you really get banned for these days is racism or other douchebaggery.

OP should get a job at fox news since stirring people up for nothing seems to be their objective.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-30 15:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Mules are just making mules now

That feels so wrong...
Pretty soon they will just give Josiah a server on his own.

His mules are breeding like rabbits while the rest of the population is dying.....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-30 15:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »
OP should get a job at msn since stirring people up for nothing seems to be their objective.
ftfy
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-30 15:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

No, he's correct.

http://americablog.com/2014/07/punditfact-fox-news-wins-battle-false-cable-network.html
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-30 15:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, a liberal blog calling a conservative news network false? Go figure.
[+]
 Cerberus.Rabies
user: Rabies666
By Cerberus.Rabies 2015-01-30 15:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/rule/specialtask.html

Bans every month for past 6 years. Mostly RMT related but some are "Legit" players just wrongly accused. Heard of people banned for trading large amounts of gil between characters, making too much gil off NPCs and so on. Maybe they just fell under the RMT radar for whatever reason?

Don't think it'll kill the game.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-30 15:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Can google it wherever you like. Fox News is the least believable news network. CNN is slightly more believable. But whatever, I have been sucked into the derail....
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-30 15:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rabies said: »
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/rule/specialtask.html Bans every month for past 6 years. Mostly RMT related but some are "Legit" players just wrongly accused. Heard of people banned for trading large amounts of gil between characters, making too much gil off NPCs and so on. Maybe they just fell under the RMT radar for whatever reason? Don't think it'll kill the game.

There was a rumor of this on my server. Anybody can back this up?
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-30 15:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Cerberus.Rabies said: »
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/rule/specialtask.html Bans every month for past 6 years. Mostly RMT related but some are "Legit" players just wrongly accused. Heard of people banned for trading large amounts of gil between characters, making too much gil off NPCs and so on. Maybe they just fell under the RMT radar for whatever reason? Don't think it'll kill the game.

There was a rumor of this on my server. Anybody can back this up?

Yes, a friend is going through this right now. His mythic account got banned and it's thought that the issue was the exchange of a lot of gil between accounts.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8