New Magic For BLMs Via Job Points = Gifts!?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » New Magic for BLMs via Job Points = Gifts!?
New Magic for BLMs via Job Points = Gifts!?
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Warviper
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-01-29 04:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/45883

New Gifts will be added in the February version update.
These new entries feature standard upgrades, such as increases to physical attack and magic defense, as well as more exciting entries such as the acquisition of new high-tier elemental magic, improvements to existing job abilities, and more.

Does that mean increase to elemental magic skill cap or does it mean we get access to new types of magic / tier levels via gifts?!?
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-01-29 05:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The wording suggests new spells. The real question is what they will give us. Just a new tier, or entirely new spells?
 Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-01-29 06:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So not only BLM, but GEO RDM BRD BLU (classical) COR will obtain new spell (so for 100 CP and maybe more).

but, what spell, i hope RDM won't win a crappy poison III or something ....
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-01-29 06:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Expect this to only be 1-2 spells. Not a full tier of Water 6, etc. perhaps something like Comet 2?

Be nice if Ninja got Utsu: San this way...
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-01-29 07:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultima.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-01-29 07:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Stone IV
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2015-01-29 08:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

When I saw this thread, I thought SE actually told us what they were giving. All they did was restate what they had said in the Freshly Picked.
Quote:
Additional Gifts
We’ll be adding high-tier elemental magic that can be learned through Gifts. There will also be useful Gifts for those jobs that do not utilize magic.

What a letdown.

inb4 WHM gets Banish IV.
 Shiva.Nokturnall
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2015-01-29 09:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be happy to see Quick Draw II for COR.
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-01-29 09:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
So not only BLM, but GEO RDM BRD BLU (classical) COR will obtain new spell (so for 100 CP and maybe more).

I'd like poison3. But I'd also like things like Amnesia and Virus to go with it as well.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-29 09:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how Laevateinn will play into these new high-tier spells. I think there's like 2 players on Cerberus that have the mythic.

Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-01-29 10:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »

I'd like poison3. But I'd also like things like Amnesia and Virus to go with it as well.

Virus is near worthless, plague might have some niche use, though. SE will never give PC's amnesia, period, there's no way to nerf it into uselessness.

Expect new tiers of old spells, think diaga 2 and break 2.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-29 10:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
They'll let all mages learn float and they will all be able to control z-axis movement.

What is this, The Elder Scrolls? lol
 Phoenix.Craptaculous
By Phoenix.Craptaculous 2015-01-29 10:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Man...I now know what BLU's feel like when SE mentioned new spells coming:

/SE-Trollface : Heeey guyz! we gots new spells for ya....but we ain’t telllinnn /Kefka_laugh.
[+]
 Shiva.Nokturnall
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2015-01-29 10:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Leviathan.Protey said: »

Virus is near worthless, plague might have some niche use, though. SE will never give PC's amnesia, period, there's no way to nerf it into uselessness.

Or they'll give Amnesia, but make all important mobs fully immune to it.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-29 10:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
They'll let all mages learn float and they will all be able to control z-axis movement.

What is this, The Elder Scrolls? lol
Float was in a lot of ff games. It didn't allow you to fly though.

I'm playing.

All jokes aside, your post reminded me of Oblivion when I used that spell to reach otherwise inaccessible areas and stuff.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-01-29 10:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Craptaculous said: »
Man...I now know what BLU's feel like when SE mentioned new spells coming:

/SE-Trollface : Heeey guyz! we gots new spells for ya....but we ain’t telllinnn /Kefka_laugh.

Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-29 11:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't be funny if they made really, really good BLU magic learnable through gifts, but something tells me they are considering doing this. Like Kaggen's Death Prophet or something really neat. I could see them utilizing this system to implement "high-tier" (translated: HNM spells) for BLUs. We've always wanted to learn useful spells from bosses that only appear rarely at times (not WKRs, most of those spells suck). But Square isn't about to let these spells become learnable to any random joe off the street.

Inb4 it takes 200 capacity points used to learn a Morta-Spell.
This also means that jobs like GEO may learn something like Indi-Regain, and it's going to be "Hello-HELL" trying to get the points just to use this in a party.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-01-29 11:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I can actually think of several ways to make it useful without being grossly overpowered- all they would need to do is give it a relatively short duration and/or give NMs building resistance. If a RDM could shut down a NM's TP moves for even just once for 15 seconds, that would be useful for either recovering or for a quick zerg.
By Crevox 2015-01-29 11:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
SE will never give PC's amnesia, period

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Eerie_Eye
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-01-29 11:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »

I can actually think of several ways to make it useful without being grossly overpowered- all they would need to do is give it a relatively short duration and/or give NMs building resistance. If a RDM could shut down a NM's TP moves for even just once for 15 seconds, that would be useful for either recovering or for a quick zerg.

Yeah, or tying it to a job ability. 1 minute duration only accessible with saboteur. But that would really only make it an alternative to CSS on suitably resistant mobs.
By Nazrious 2015-01-29 12:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

SE already said this is the way they adress levels without having to increase levels. New spell/gear introduced tied to gifts and superior.

Job points are not lol easy like aby, but they are not the crab/crawler feat that was 2003 or the coli no food chain 26 upper limit that was ToAU.

This simply limits bandwagonry and not even that much as you can still get JP afk In a timely fashion with just one person cleaving.

Now what the huge issue is, If SE takes a page from their Blu playbook, you may be looking at hard to aquire and useless spells.

I personally would rather see some Job traits added to Blu via gifts, not spells.

a blu version of occult accumen or potency up for Blu magic.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-29 12:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
This simply limits bandwagonry and not even that much as you can still get JP afk In a timely fashion with just one person cleaving.

Guess I should start the business of "{Job Point}{leech}{Party}{Do you need it?} 500k/hr {/tell}".
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-01-29 12:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but you shouldn't have told everyone.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-29 12:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not one of those players. It's a game. There's opportunity for everyone. Nothing to hide.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-01-29 13:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure everyone, including the drg I met that subbed smn last week and jumped like a white guy knew;

That people would inevitably, like fell cleaving, buy leeching spots from an army of inconsequential paladin Aeolian brochain cleave masters and a few scrappy black mages/raremageyfolks for delicious shameful dickbending CP.
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-01-29 13:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah yes, I did mean plague. And smn does have amnesia; though they would most likely make it almost impossible to land on anything important unless you used Stymie.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-01-29 14:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Crevox said: »
Quote:
SE will never give PC's amnesia, period

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Eerie_Eye

PC generally refers to player character, not pets. I won't argue semantics, but I was talking about a spell or ability that the player themselves uses. I could see SE giving pets more of those kinds of abilities to give them something to offer a party.
 Phoenix.Craptaculous
By Phoenix.Craptaculous 2015-01-29 16:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgot to realize SE's playonline page pic:

the BLM one looks like a dark version of a Fusion SC.

SCH getting: Huge freakn Snowflakes of DOOOM.
[+]
First Page 2