Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Double Points Campaigns
Double Points Campaigns
By Lyncath 2015-01-28 13:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Double Unity Accolade and Capacity Point Campaigns Hitting Vana'diel soon! (28/01/2015)

Quote:
A pair of outstanding campaigns will commence on Tuesday, 3 February!

Campaign Period

Tuesday, 3 February 2015 at 8:00 a.m. (GMT) to Wednesday, 18 February at the same hour.

Campaign Details

1) Double Unity Accolade Campaign
Unity accolade gains from completing Records of Eminence objectives and vanquishing monsters will be doubled!

2) Double Capacity Point Campaign
Capacity points earned from vanquishing monsters will be doubled for the duration of the campaign. Take advantage of this opportunity to bring your favorite job to all-new heights, both with job points and the recently implemented Gifts system!

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11eu/detail/13515/detail.html

Square-Enix, it's time to fess up and admit that you botched the implementation of Job Points and how pointless it is to go out of one's way to farm them outside of one of these campaigns.

Seriously, how many of these have we seen? The previous one barely freaking ended. Just make the campaign rate the permament rate and be done with it.

Oh, while you're at it... Make the Walk of Echoes campaign permament as well and just give people the option to go into a lower level battlefield if they want to for some reason.
[+]
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-01-28 13:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't even mind JPs if you had the ability to convert merits to job points. A ration of 5:1 would be great, but even at 10:1, you could get 4 JPs in a single merit dump (while being halfway to another).
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-28 13:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

They may as well just leave log-in on full time as well. just change the rewards on the 1st and give 150 points a day everyday.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2015-01-28 13:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, leave all the events up fulltime and call it a day.
[+]
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-01-28 13:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

click bait title.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-01-28 13:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

too many for some...not nearly enough for others...

OP may a plague of immortal crab lice descend upon your testicles...

or some kind of fire ant / crab lice hybrid I have yet to come up with....
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-01-29 04:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

SE actually mistyped.

The correct is:
Quote:
Campaign Period

Wednesday, 28 january 2015 at 8:00 a.m. (GMT) to Wednesday, 3 February at the same hour.

2) NO Double Capacity Point Campaign
Capacity points earned from vanquishing monsters will not be doubled for the duration of the campaign. Take advantage of this opportunity to afk in jeuno, not bothering with job points and the recently implemented Gifts system!
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-01-29 06:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
SE actually mistyped.

The correct is:
Quote:
Campaign Period

Wednesday, 28 january 2015 at 8:00 a.m. (GMT) to Wednesday, 3 February at the same hour.

2) NO Double Capacity Point Campaign
Capacity points earned from vanquishing monsters will not be doubled for the duration of the campaign. Take advantage of this opportunity to afk in jeuno, not bothering with job points and the recently implemented Gifts system!

This is pedantic hyperbole!

at least 1/3 of us afk in adoulin now
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-01-30 04:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
too many for some...not nearly enough for others...

OP may a plague of immortal crab lice descend upon your testicles...

or some kind of fire ant / crab lice hybrid I have yet to come up with....

Glad this guy is on my side.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2015-01-30 05:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Double CP feels about right for effort vs reward vs time investment. Super CP parties with BRD's and sh!t are pretty rare vs the sheer number of people doing solo or 2/3 man farming. They just should just make it permanent like they did with the salvage plan drops.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
Server: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-01-30 05:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Double CP feels about right for effort vs reward vs time investment. Super CP parties with BRD's and sh!t are pretty rare vs the sheer number of people doing solo or 2/3 man farming. They just should just make it permanent like they did with the salvage plan drops.

Ya, not only that, but because there are so many campaigns it feels like a massive waste of time to do a CP party when one isn't going on.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2015-01-30 06:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

And if they made 2x the standard.... They could actually have a 2x event on rare occasion and it be a big thing. (Cause it would be 4x our current.)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-30 08:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Square KNOWS they botched this system, but I always welcome 2x campaigns. I don't even bother CPing when its off, because the time/effort/reward ratio is so low for a few hours of work.

The system was obviously their "Merit Points 2" system, which was a way of pushing the characters beyond the 99cap. Although I love the fact that you can improve your main job by endless grinding, its kind of a punch in the gut to players who use multiple jobs for multiple purposes. For once, we are actually being punished for having diversity, as it means we will have to CP on 5-10 jobs if you are the kind of player who plays many roles. That sucks, as a week or two of double CP is not nearly enough time to get reasonable points on one job, let alone 5.

I just wish they would allow Job Point spending to be easier, and a conversion rate (like 10 copper vouchers for 1 JP, or capaciity points earnable from impraturs).

Just seems like a grind that will take a long time for Main 1-jobbers, and a really, really long time for people who play a lot of jobs.
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-01-30 12:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the grindiness of it and I wish they would do away with the campaigns.

The grindiness of CP gives people a goal to work on. I see a lot of people only log on if new content comes out. Too many instant gratification people have caused SE to make almost everything really easy and easy to get. And so what happens is SE is forced to come out with new content way before they should in order to keep people interested. But this causes things like skirmish armor to happen. All of you should remember spending like 90 million on stones, then redoing it shortly thereafter on skirmish +1 gear. So yea, I like JPs and Gifts because it is a nice goal, and I don't want the obtainment of it to be nerfed. Because afterwards I will feel like I accomplished something instead of just walked through the obtainment of it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-01-30 12:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
I like the grindiness of it and I wish they would do away with the campaigns.

The grindiness of CP gives people a goal to work on. I see a lot of people only log on if new content comes out. Too many instant gratification people have caused SE to make almost everything really easy and easy to get. And so what happens is SE is forced to come out with new content way before they should in order to keep people interested. But this causes things like skirmish armor to happen. All of you should remember spending like 90 million on stones, then redoing it shortly thereafter on skirmish +1 gear. So yea, I like JPs and Gifts because it is a nice goal, and I don't want the obtainment of it to be nerfed. Because afterwards I will feel like I accomplished something instead of just walked through the obtainment of it.

I like job points but I need that 2X campaign I have too many jobs to try to max out
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-30 20:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody said anything about it being nerfed.

The day is going to come where they introduce a 2x capacity point campaign, and they just 'forget' to turn it off. Its inevitable. 300 points from a monster is just not reasonable.
[+]
By Wordspoken 2015-01-31 05:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Nobody said anything about it being nerfed.

The day is going to come where they introduce a 2x capacity point campaign, and they just 'forget' to turn it off. Its inevitable. 300 points from a monster is just not reasonable.
It's like exping in 2005!
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-01-31 06:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It's interesting how many people here would support CP being easier to obtain considering every suggestion on easier CP acquisition always gets shot down by the same 2 or 3 people on the official forums.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-02-09 00:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the concept in bits and pieces but as PLD being a huge part of what I do on FFXI I don't see a level playing field by any means. Not sure who would take a tank anywhere that rewards with this outside of lion/bird/skc20/WKR. Also, hurray those afk botters can easily boost TH rate while I have to spend days on it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-09 00:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

TBH the pld job points are all terrible anyway. Nothing is stopping you from being one of those afk people getting your JPs though.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-02-09 01:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Random windower4 vs windows8 dealie. Many can't use. Never spent too much time looking for an alternate source as I really only wanted timers, timestamp, gearswap, gw, and a few small things.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-09 01:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thf job point are even worse, but currently, the real big deal with jp are the gifts. They are pretty nice.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-02-10 10:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Def gift on PLD was my top priority. Shield bash and Intervene if I manage to get more. Attack and accuracy gifts on PLD are pretty nice, though pretty small values. Keep in mind for PLD damage does contribute to hate, even if flash/JAs are a larger contributor and damage mitigation helps to keep the hate.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-10 11:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You could always join my incursion shouts and come as PLD as a puller.

Honestly have to get creative when it comes to things.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-02-10 14:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You're always doing things when I'm doing things.
 Valefor.Seranos
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-02-10 14:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Thf job point are even worse, but currently, the real big deal with jp are the gifts. They are pretty nice.

Winner. Gifts are the only reason I care enough to pop my capacity ring.
 Valefor.Philemon
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2015-02-10 14:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never really looked at CP rates in Incursion, do they increase as the Incursion difficulty is raised?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-02-11 13:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Philemon said: »
I've never really looked at CP rates in Incursion, do they increase as the Incursion difficulty is raised?

Yes, but it's probably more efficient farming to go lower level so mobs die faster and you get more kills.

If you're in for CP, you just want to focus on trash mobs and basically ignore NMs. Our group likes to mix in like a single NM per 45min run for building up people's KIs, but we stick to lv123~125 farming and just go nuts on the trash mobs. When double CP campaign is not on, we do more Mega Boss runs.