users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Alanna of Bismarck - passed away
Alanna of Bismarck - passed away
 Bismarck.Kaiseredge
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Kaiseredge 2015-01-27 12:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I should have wrote something sooner but I am still a huge mess from all of this and getting worse. I met Alanna on this game more than 11 years ago and we decided to meet shortly after, after meeting we hit it off really well and she moved from Chicago to Pittsburgh to live with me, We have been together ever since. We were to be married in a couple months but sadly on November 17th she suffered from a brain stem hemorrhage and there was nothing that could be done, we had to pull life support a day later since she was dying and nothing could be done. I never got to say anything to her before she fell into a coma and neither did her parents. I am not sure what to do now, I would have married her earlier if not for some life issues we had to hurdle through before we were ready to face her parents. It is even harder now because her parents fully accept me and she was so worried they wouldn't and now I am here alone with everything she wanted but without her. I have not decided if I can come back to ffxi or not, we spent a lot of our time on there, I would like to since a lot of my friends are there but how? it is sad to even think about walking around town without her. I just wanted to let everyone know who knew her, she was a great person and tried to help everyone (she was taru bias). I want to log her in and put her character somewhere nice but that may take some time but if I manage I will post to let people know. I didn't want to drown out the post with pictures so if you want to see RL photos of us or ffxi screenshots you can look at my facebook I finally opened https://www.facebook.com/aaron.magdic I'll add more pictures whenever I find them all. (under albums)

Thank you everyone for the great adventures we shared.
Alanna & Kaiseredge <3

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-27 12:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I've known Kaiser and Alanna from previous LS's, so I can attest to much of what he said about her being true Tarutaru bias. Somewhat child-like, and rarely childish, she did go out of her way to help other players, even when it meant putting her own desires on hold.

The loss of a loved one, particularly one who shared a significant part and portion of your life with, is truly devastating.

*insert soppy drama line*

While it may be difficult to adjust a new and harsher reality, believing that time may never heal this wound... There are people in your life, Kaiser, that are willing to carry this burden with you.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2015-01-27 13:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for your loss Kaiser =/
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-01-27 13:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

That sucks Kaiser, I'm really sorry. Alanna was a great person. AD is here for you if/when you want to come back.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2015-01-27 13:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm very sorry for your loss.
Find comfort in the things you did together, the music you listened to together, in town or wherever it is you spent your time together. Embrace it, she will never be really gone so long as you remember her.

I'm sorry if that is inappropriate.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-27 14:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
I'm very sorry for your loss.
Find comfort in the things you did together, the music you listened to together, in town or wherever it is you spent your time together. Embrace it, she will never be really gone so long as you remember her.

I'm sorry if that is inappropriate.
While I agree with the sentiment as a whole, it can be very difficult to do so right away because of the memories associated with a person who's recently passed away.
[+]
 Asura.Backstab
Server: Asura
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2015-01-27 14:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont know you but it saddens me to hear what happend. i hope some day the pain is gone and only the nice memories remain.
 Asura.Yunamae
By Asura.Yunamae 2015-01-27 15:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Im sorry to here about your lose, i met my now hubbie 8 years ago on this game and we met shortly after and have been together ever since.

It would break my heart to if i lost him, i hope in time when and if you come back to the game being on the game will reminds you fondly of the time you had on here together , but i can understand its all to raw now.

God bless, i dont often pray but u will be in my prays tonight.
 Bismarck.Vespertaru
user: Vesper84
By Bismarck.Vespertaru 2015-01-27 18:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Just had a friend tell me about what happened. I am very sorry to hear this KE. I edited my FL awhile ago so, when I was told the name it sounded so familiar. Then I saw it was your name on the post and I instantly knew that is was the same person. We have lost so many friends to quitting and now falling asleep in death. Sometimes it's just too much. Just keep hanging in there and don't give up for her sake, she wouldn't want you to let that happen.
[+]
 Sylph.Gades
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Gades 2015-01-27 19:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

To Kaiseredge,

Hello my friend this is Minibuddha your old PvP stomping a mudhole in me friend lol. I had you and her on my friendslist.

I must say how sorry I am to know of this. I will pray that you find some comfort, that there is some peace in your mind and in her parents minds too. I have lost friends but never a loved one in that way. My condolences to you my friend.

If you ever need someone to talk to you I am a stone throw away.

She will be missed and I hope someone will hold a vigil for her on Bismarck. I know I will the next chance I get to log in.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-01-27 20:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know you but know that I mourn with you. If you have to hang up your hat for FFXI it would be understandable but do remember those we care about want us to be happy, just as we would in turn for them.

Post deleted by User.
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Protectorchrono 2015-01-27 22:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I may not have known Alanna but I'm deeply sorry for your loss Kaiser. I know how it feels to lose a loved one and a friend so all I can say is take solace that Alanna is watching over you and wants nothing but happiness and good things for you. As long as you treasure your memories of your time together, she'll never really be gone. Maybe gone from sight, but not from the heart. I hope I didn't sound to blunt, if I did please forgive me.

May you rest in Peace Alanna.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Makira
Server: Cerberus
user: Makira
By Cerberus.Makira 2015-01-27 22:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not know either of you but I am so incredibly sorry for your loss :( I hope over time you, your family, her family, and friends, all find peace. <3
 Odin.Ardalus
Server: Odin
user: Ardalus
By Odin.Ardalus 2015-01-27 23:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I am sorry for your loss. :(
 Bismarck.Dubai
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-01-28 00:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

My condolences to you and her family.

Gone but never forgotten, RIP.
 Asura.Saprykin
user: UryuAsura
By Asura.Saprykin 2015-01-28 01:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Really sad to hear Kaiser. Take your time and mourn properly. I have had family pass away, but never a love. I can't imagine how difficult that is. Sometimes, time away from video games is good for the spiritual side of things. All the best :(
 Bismarck.Kaiseredge
By Bismarck.Kaiseredge 2015-01-28 04:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers. I may have never won a argument with Alanna but I was right about one thing >< I told her if I ever lost her I would lose my mind and slowly but surely I am ><

I gave up boxing when I met her so I would be able to remember her name if I ever lived to age 50, I am almost back down to my fighting weight already lost like 80lb ><. I can't eat, can't sleep, drove 500 miles to nowhere through mountains and all that snow here and just got back >< coming home to a empty house without her everyday just sucks.

I should become a trucker since driving seems to be my only comfort :/

Anyway thanks again for all the thoughts. Alanna (Eleine) was my life, I spent so much time trying to make her smile every moment of every day not much to look forward to now :/ I really didn't have much of a life before I met her, since I was stuck playing dad for my siblings and now It's just me. I miss her and it really is killing me. I am extremely lucky to have had her choose me to spend life with but I am beyond devastated without her. I don't know if there is a afterlife or anything but if so I hope I get to see her again. <3

thank you everyone