users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Why Joachim doesn't cure Galkas
Why Joachim doesn't cure Galkas
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-26 09:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

WTF! Dude will seriously let me die before even offering me a cure. Even Ulmia tries helping out by singing Paeons. WHM trust is low on MP (don't have Koru), I'm critical, and Joachim is throwing my traverser stones away.

Anyone else notice that Joachim doesn't cure when he's supposed to? I know its not his primary function, but come on. You've got 344 MP and you're stingy as ***.
By Zoltar 2015-01-26 09:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Use Kupipi/F.Coffin if you're relying on cures.

You're trusting an NPC equipped with a Daurdabla who only sings 2-songs to cure you...yeah he's shady as *** LOL
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-26 09:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah not relying on cures per se...Karaha has that covered. Its just that when he's really low on MP, instead of singing ballads and assisting in his subrole, dude just keeps chucking pellets. He never used to be like that before. Something with him has been buggy to where sometimes he does and does not cast curative magic, and idk why.
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-01-26 09:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Weird, Joachim is really quick with the -na spells and have never failed to cure me, usually when I'm in yellow hp. He's certainly never not cured me if things have been critical. I use Joachim, Ulmia and Cherukiki or Koru-Moru.

Then again, I'm not Galka. :P
By Ramyrez 2015-01-26 09:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the eye patch. Depth perception problems and all.

And let's be honest. You galkas have a lot of "depth" to perceive.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-26 09:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

No, im serious. He rarely cures me. This has been happening for a while. Occasionally, he'll feel bad and cure me. But he so often /na and cures himself first that when he is finally relieved, his MP is too low to assist. I have mentioned this before on the trust ciphers page i believe, but I thought it was a glitch. The dude just sits on MP for no reason, even when no one else in the party can cure.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-26 10:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Galkas are a horrible race, just not worse than tarutarus. Joachim is doing a favor to letting those fat ball to fall.

I have a galka mule, and use him in /follow. Dude always get trapped in a field obstacle like a rock,a tree or a detour. I need to equip him with any movement speed otherwise he gets behind.

Galkas have NO moral to complain about joachim being a bad brd. Though, mustaches humans are almost as bad as galkas, just losing to onion head tarutarus.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-01-26 10:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well its the DPS he is adding to yours by capping your magic haste.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-01-26 10:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Two coffins wouldn't be capping your magic haste anyway Haste is 15% you would need coffin + both brds or Kuro + one brd.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-26 10:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Galkas are a horrible race, just not worse than tarutarus. Joachim is doing a favor to letting those fat ball to fall. I have a galka mule, and use him in /follow. Dude always get trapped in a field obstacle like a rock,a tree or a detour. I need to equip him with any movement speed otherwise he gets behind. Galkas have NO moral to complain about joachim being a bad brd. Though, mustaches humans are almost as bad as galkas, just losing to onion head tarutarus.

^^This comment belongs HERE...
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-26 10:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Joachim only -na's himself and other trusts. He never -nas me or is last to. I'll be para'd and bio'd and he'll erase and paralyna everyone else. To be fair, he is brd/whm, so his white magic is kinda iffy. He does throw emergency cure ivs on me when i'm like at 300 hp.
By Muffz 2015-01-26 11:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Galkas are a horrible race, just not worse than tarutarus. Joachim is doing a favor to letting those fat ball to fall.

I have a galka mule, and use him in /follow. Dude always get trapped in a field obstacle like a rock,a tree or a detour. I need to equip him with any movement speed otherwise he gets behind.

Galkas have NO moral to complain about joachim being a bad brd. Though, mustaches humans are almost as bad as galkas, just losing to onion head tarutarus.

I'm a galka and I lol'd hard at this.
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-01-26 12:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Well its the DPS he is adding to yours by capping your magic haste.

Unless he's being a cool guy and singing paeons. Or singing madrigals when I have capped accuracy and no DD trusts, cause he's just gotta land that /toss.
[+]
 Asura.Wormfeeder
Server: Asura
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-01-26 12:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe you galkas should have met him behind the mog house.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-02-09 00:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I happen to get cures from Joachim at times but only when I am practically next to him. Might have to do with bad AI and high threshold for ballads. So yeah. Get up close and personal with him.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-09 07:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I've said this before when I played. I was hume, but I had (as THF) Joachim, Coffin, and the 2nd dnc that came around, forgot her name.

Joachim would never cure Coffin, ever! At first I made it a joke, Joachim doesn't like Galkas, but then when I had a Galka player in party, same thing.

Just as a test I replaced Coffin with another Galka NPC, the WAR one I think (DD), same thing, lol.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-09 07:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You thought I was joking? I actually just use Joachim as my Trick Attack Rudra's buddy, as someone mentioned above. Or sometimes, I just don't summon his *** at all, and use Kuyin instead. He's a real piece of sh*t.