Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Freshly Picked - JP required for high tier element
Freshly Picked - JP required for high tier element
By dustinfoley 2015-01-25 05:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So it looks like gifts will be tied to unlocking high tier elemental spell. No so sure how i feel about this... will wait with popcorn until they say how many you need and how strong the spells are.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-25 05:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Why this racism?

Is brazillian not good?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2015-01-25 06:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

2 new categories in JP and starting to make jobs more focused through the system. I think this was the doomsday scenario people were worried about.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-01-25 06:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Very excited for this.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-01-25 07:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I am the FFXIAH Oracle and thus will predict the following posts:

1) OMFG JOBPOINTZ R SO ***Y SE DO THIS I WILL QUIT G3ME (next week I swear...I can quit any time I want)

2) I welcome our Jobpoint Overlords, get on my level scrubs ! (As I have mastered the art of AFK botting them and am capped at 200/200 since November)

3) What you guys making such a fuzz about teehee! ^.^ JobPoints dont matter to me. (Btw anyone want to do some macro orb BC so I can get my first 109 AF? ^.^)

4) JobPoints buffs are nice BUT WHY SE NOT BALANCE JOB X / BUFF JOB Y / NERF JOB Z / GIB SUMMONER BAHAMUTZ?
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-25 07:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

job points are *** with my ocd badly as is plz stahp
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-01-25 07:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Why this racism?

Is brazillian not good?

you should really stop trying to be funny
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-25 07:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

kuroganashi is brazillian i welcome this racism
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2015-01-25 07:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What will each job with element nukes get?
NIN gets Yon tier elemental wheel, which turns out to be underwhelming.
RDM though it is actually enhancing magic, gets enspell 3s.
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-01-25 08:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »

Surprised it took as long as it did for that tidbit to pop up here. That, or the "oh noes moar terribad Skirmish QQ T_T ; ;"
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2015-01-25 09:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »

Surprised it took as long as it did for that tidbit to pop up here. That, or the "oh noes moar terribad Skirmish QQ T_T ; ;"

Oh a new skirmish won't be that bad, we've been to this rodeo before! It will be something like:

1. probably another simulacrum piece/KI for entry > earring, cap, belt, fanny pack, etc.
2. wipe out your hard earned augments for that +
3. More augment heartbreak as we introduce yet another stone... masochist stone, +1, +2 which will have an even wider range of augment fail, which will drive OCD/BIS people to throw all their money at it.
4. REM owners will cry about their weapon needing to be ilvl150 because at least 2 of these skirmish weapons will be on par with the augments.
5. The area will be inner raz blah...you know, that zone no one goes to unless you're beating the story line?
6. Also, no one will take your job cuz you dun have enuff job points.
[+]
By Acacia 2015-01-25 09:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Read before jumping to conclusions :)
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/45830-Freshly-Picked-Vana-diel-15-Digest?p=538523&viewfull=1#post538523
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-01-25 09:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Worldslost said: »
2 new categories in JP and starting to make jobs more focused through the system. I think this was the doomsday scenario people were worried about.

What doomsday? People don't like extra accuracy defense bonus and future spells thru gifts aka a little work?

Mythic takes months gifts might take a week for permanent boost.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-25 10:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanna say BLM will get aoe, sch rdm geo will get the single target, and geo will get the ara of whatever new spell(s) added. The spell the blm cast in the image looked like some kind of multi elemental or non elemental spell. It was kinda thundery/fiery with a dark border. Looked like kaustra but that's dark magic not elemental. Maybe Ultima/Ultimaga/Ultimara, or Ruin? Would be odd considering usually only BLM learns Ultima/Meteor in ff games. Could also be a line of nukes that have a gimmick.

I just wish they added JA's along with the new ele magic cuz it basically means we have to wait for another tier of gifts for melee jobs, unless this second tier of gifts gives more potent boosts to melee jobs than mage jobs to compensate for no new spells/ja for them. Would like to see eventually melees getting new ja or new ws through job points since it's a new method of character progression.

Also i dont wanna hear people complain about JP. In 8 hours i made 55 job points duoing with a THF in Doh Gates. 55 jp is enough to cap out a single category, and the double cp campaign has been going on for 2 weeks. Two 8hour sessions making 55JP is more than enouh to cap out all current gifts. Presumably, four 8hr sessions would give me 220JP which is almost guaranteed to be enough JP to cap out any new gifts in feb update. Four 8 hr sessions is a bit hard core but can be broken down into eight 4 hour sessions or 16 2 hour session. Given that 2x cp is in effect, it's not as painful as people make it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-01-25 10:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Echandra said: »
Oh a new skirmish won't be that bad, we've been to this rodeo before! It will be something like:

1. probably another simulacrum piece/KI for entry > earring, cap, belt, fanny pack, etc.
2. wipe out your hard earned augments for that +
3. More augment heartbreak as we introduce yet another stone... masochist stone, +1, +2 which will have an even wider range of augment fail, which will drive OCD/BIS people to throw all their money at it.
4. REM owners will cry about their weapon needing to be ilvl150 because at least 2 of these skirmish weapons will be on par with the augments.
5. The area will be inner raz blah...you know, that zone no one goes to unless you're beating the story line?
6. Also, no one will take your job cuz you dun have enuff job points.

Yeah, except it's none of that. It's Alluvion Skirmish, new armor sets, a new stone to add a third augment to the weapons, and presumably a third augment onto the armor in combination with the previous stones. No increasing in ilvl, no wiping augments, etc. It's the Alluvion system that was used on weapons, which had potential, but with it being weapons no one cared. Now it'll be on armor, and it'll be potentially really good. And it'll be in Yorcia.

Not a far fetch IMO that we'll get a third Alluvion Skirmish in Outer Ra'kaznar that adds a fourth augment to the armor and weapons. Make them some truly unique augments like adding AM effects or something and they could shape up to be the RMEs of SoA that require HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE amazing luck to get the perfect set of augments rather than weeks/months of grinding.
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2015-01-25 12:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i really need to mash that sarcasm button >.>
By Chyula 2015-01-25 12:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

No one give a ***about side grade except for the very few epeen.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2015-01-25 13:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

they could shape up to be the RMEs of SoA that require HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE amazing luck to get the perfect set of augments rather than weeks/months of grinding.

I can't express how sick I am of all this random augment crap SE keeps spewing out from events.

I don't care if an event takes me 300 hours to get the items I want, as long as it's a fixed amount where I know exactly what I'm in for and I get exactly what I'm after in the end. Not this crap like Incursion where I get what seems like every damn cape 20 times before even seeing 1 for the job I want... that ends up having an augment of STR+1. Don't even get me started with Skirmish, the smaller pools are nice, but it's still expensive and the odds of seeing what you want will still drive most crazy.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2015-01-25 14:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

1) OMFG JOBPOINTZ R SO ***Y SE DO THIS I WILL QUIT G3ME (next week I swear...I can quit any time I want)

2) I welcome our Jobpoint Overlords, get on my level scrubs ! (As I have mastered the art of AFK botting them and am capped at 200/200 since November)

3) What you guys making such a fuzz about teehee! ^.^ JobPoints dont matter to me. (Btw anyone want to do some macro orb BC so I can get my first 109 AF? ^.^)

4) JobPoints buffs are nice BUT WHY SE NOT BALANCE JOB X / BUFF JOB Y / NERF JOB Z / GIB SUMMONER BAHAMUTZ?

You sir are a guru!!!
 Bahamut.Malothar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-01-25 16:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
they could shape up to be the RMEs of SoA that require HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE amazing luck to get the perfect set of augments rather than weeks/months of grinding.

I can't express how sick I am of all this random augment crap SE keeps spewing out from events.

I don't care if an event takes me 300 hours to get the items I want, as long as it's a fixed amount where I know exactly what I'm in for and I get exactly what I'm after in the end. Not this crap like Incursion where I get what seems like every damn cape 20 times before even seeing 1 for the job I want... that ends up having an augment of STR+1. Don't even get me started with Skirmish, the smaller pools are nice, but it's still expensive and the odds of seeing what you want will still drive most crazy.

I agree fully, but SE just doesn't seem to. Random augments have been protested since their inception yet we keep getting them. I dunno if it's a case of the Japanese just eating them up and loving the system, or the devs not caring what anyone says. I like the options the system brings, but the random values sprayed throughout it has been met with a unanimous "DO. NOT. WANT." for as long as I can remember. :/
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-25 16:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember when we were gonna get random powerful augments on AF2+2 and SE gave us a n ultimatum? Random powerful augments or weak guarantees augments; everyone voted for weak guarantees augments. So that's the paradigm, chosen augments=weak but guaranteed. Random augments=potentially better than the guaranteed system but obvious drawback is random and costly, both with gil and time.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-25 17:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Disliking augment is one thing but to diversify the economical activity by adding new items is a good thing overall. Has more incentives.

At any time players will need to spend the cash they have been gaining over time. We never had so few worthwhile ah gear to buy, most of gear is obtained by content or content currency, i dont think gil should be a reason to dislike augmenting system. You can get half decent augments with low investment, but the top is just atained by those who make huge investments like in any other era of this game.

Also, reaugmenting skirmish gear, if necessary, isnt really a reason to complain. Its almost a year since those were released, more than enough time to recover the gil spent to restart.

That said, im expecting good things from this new skirmish. Last system had a constant pool of augments for determined stones (that meaning you could get mage augment for a war weapon). If that repeats, we can hope mage gear with dd stats, dd gear with mage stats, etc, or some ununsual augment.

Im hoping for refresh and crit dmg augs for every piece.
By Chyula 2015-01-25 19:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

SE should've make augment item sold by npc to potentially kill off gils from the economy. Imagine wailing stone+2 at 300k a pop from npc.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-25 19:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
SE should've make augment item sold by npc to potentially kill off gils from the economy. Imagine wailing stone+2 at 300k a pop from npc.

Deflation is actually more harmful than inflation for economy.