Forum » FFXI » General » Macro for Aug'd Capes
Macro for Aug'd Capes
 Carbuncle.Brynach
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Brynach
By Carbuncle.Brynach 2015-01-22 13:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this question has been answered before, but I cant find the answer I am looking for.
Working with a person that doesnt use gearswap. They have 2 capes for sam -1 for meditate and 1 for regular use- that wants their windower macros to recognize this. Suggestion atm is using /equipset to do this, but I was wondering are there other options that can be maintained in the windower scripts? Perhaps with by designating the location of inventory vs wardrobe?

Thanks and sorry for any repeat
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2015-01-22 14:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Designating location might work.

I'd second the use of /equipset as that works for certain, couldn't say about windower its been a long time since I used it.
[+]
 Sylph.Subadai
Server: Sylph
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2015-01-23 06:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Throw one in the wardrobe and the other in inventory. /equip back "blahblah Mantle" 0 will equip the one in inventory and /equip back "blahblah Mantle" 1 will equip the one in wardrobe.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Brynach
By Carbuncle.Brynach 2015-01-23 07:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the answers. I think I can help and combine these two suggestions and set them up pretty well.
By dustinfoley 2015-01-23 07:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If you dont want to use gearswap then use equipsets for sure.

Although using gearswap/ashitacast would be infinity better as equipsets are slow to change and gearswap/ashitacast are super fast to change and can use multiple rule sets to make it very mindless as to what you should be using.

Its a pain to do the initial setup, but the increase in dmg/productivity/survivability is amazeballs.
[+]
 Asura.Jezzus
Server: Asura
user: L30x
By Asura.Jezzus 2015-01-23 08:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
============== Advanced "sets" tables ==============

-- Augments --
There are a lot of different augments, many/all of which have been mapped in the extdata library.
This system will use the first item it finds in your inventory that matches the name/augment
combination that you provide. If you provide an ambiguous set of conditions, the resulting equipped
item will be ambiguous (could vary based on the pairs iterator).

In order to specify an item by augment, you must write the augment exactly as it appears on your equipment:
sets.aftercast_Idle = {ring1={name="Dark Ring",augments={"Phys. Damage Taken -6%"}},
ring2={name="Dark Ring",augments={"Breath Damage Taken -6%","{Phys. Damage Taken -5%"}}}

If it pleases you, you can store your augmented items in variables:
lefty = {name="Dark Ring",augments={"Phys. Damage Taken -6%"}}
righty = {name="Dark Ring",augments={"Breath Damage Taken -6%","Phys. Damage Taken -5%"}}
sets.aftercast_Idle = {ring1=lefty,ring2=righty}

This will save you a little work when you are dealing with using the same augmented item in multiple sets.

If you are having trouble getting GearSwap to recognize your augment, equip the gear and use //gs export.
This will create a Lua file in ../windower/addons/gearswap/data/export that includes a properly formatted table.

This can be found here: Windower4\addons\GearSwap\beta_examples_and_information
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-23 08:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
If you dont want to use gearswap then use equipsets for sure. Although using gearswap/ashitacast would be infinity better as equipsets are slow to change and gearswap/ashitacast are super fast to change and can use multiple rule sets to make it very mindless as to what you should be using. Its a pain to do the initial setup, but the increase in dmg/productivity/survivability is amazeballs.

I need to learn how to setupd gearswap. Friend of mine sent me his RUN script, and aside from replacing his gear with mine, I have no idea how to use gearswap. Any suggestions on how I can learn quickly? Yes, I have notepad++
 Asura.Jezzus
Server: Asura
user: L30x
By Asura.Jezzus 2015-01-23 08:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I would suggest starting off with Motes.

https://github.com/Kinematics

Make sure you get all the Mote-Libs files and put them in the Libs folder.
 Carbuncle.Brynach
By Carbuncle.Brynach 2015-01-23 08:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I am a big fan of gearswap. I just gotta convince this guy that its something he should be using