Post Your "LEGITIMATE" CP Chains!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Post your "LEGITIMATE" CP chains!!
Post your "LEGITIMATE" CP chains!!
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-20 09:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought it might be fun to see how high CP chains people have seen in party or solo. =)

Was about 50 minutes on zonetimer when I stopped(took about 5 minutes to get to camp), I was still going strong too, but I had to go to work, so I had to forcefully cut it off. :( I saw as low as 796, and as high as 1014 CP with just Double CP Campaign and a 48% CP cape.

I was doing about 520k/EXP an hour and 150k CP/hour according to Pointwatch.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-01-20 09:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Ra'kaznar a good zone for CP? I've always just stuck to the Gates areas.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-01-20 09:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That's with a cp ring as well, right? Exp and name suggests its ra'kaz, they only give about 700 max for me with gifts and a cape.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-20 09:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The last thing we need is more people thinking they need to come to rakaz to get cp....
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-01-20 09:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

We need ilv150 goblin fishers patrolling reives and camps...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-20 09:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
That's with a cp ring as well, right? Exp and name suggests its ra'kaz, they only give about 700 max for me with gifts and a cape.
No CP ring, I don't use them since they wear too fast. Just double CP, 48% cape, and gifts.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-20 09:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The irony is, if your chain is high it means you're killing too slow cuz most camps have at most 7-8 mobs and if you kill too quick you simply run out of mobs/time for the next chain. think after chain 12 or 13, it's like 20-30s between kills(definitely a lot less time than any EXP chain)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-20 09:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Literally have to slow down to keep the chain so not to wait on repops, kinda annoying. They need to let the chain be as long or longer than exp.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-20 09:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

They'll probabably make it a gift. Capacity Chain Duration +5% go!

Speaking of gifts, if Sup1 was 50 and our last gift is 95, I bet Sup2 will be 100. Maybe they'll make empy reforged Sup2?
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-01-20 09:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
They'll probabably make it a gift. Capacity Chain Duration +5% go!

Speaking of gifts, if Sup1 was 50 and our last gift is 95, I bet Sup2 will be 100. Maybe they'll make empy reforged Sup2?
They won't do that.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-20 09:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The irony is, if your chain is high it means you're killing too slow cuz most camps have at most 7-8 mobs and if you kill too quick you simply run out of mobs/time for the next chain. think after chain 12 or 13, it's like 20-30s between kills(definitely a lot less time than any EXP chain)
Actually, I'm killing faster than I used to there. I used to lose chain there all the time SA and TA'ing WS, then I had to wait on repop. After that I swapped zones. I came back after this update and ***dies so fast I don't even need to use SA or TA anymore. They are usually around 30% by the time I get TP to WS. I think SE Llowered the repop timer on these guys without telling us, or something.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-20 09:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that we're officially derailed.
(/bow)

Sincerely hope they don't go the route of making Emp reforge as an Su# that'll be the final nail for a lot of people.

There's quite a few people who still don't even have a single category capped out lol...

Also, genuinely sick of *** waiting for emp reforge. This is *** at this point. We don't even get updates anymore. Just "keep waiting, keep paying us" we'll do it when we feel like it.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-20 10:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Gates mobs have surprisingly low def and hp, or less than i imagined they would. I tried woh gates when cp first came iit and was parsing 70% acc with like 1.1k acc and i was like screw this. But i tried the 122-123 mobs in doh gates and they die just as fast as twithteryms in rakaznar but give nearly double the cp. Surprising that the gap to hit rate from 114-123 is unnoticable but from 123-127 floors my acc. I think mobs above 125 were simply given giant boosts to stats to facilitate parties since mobs above 125 get a much larger bonus to cp than levels below that it seems. Although some 128 mobs in woh gates like the ones added in map2 such as bats sport less eva and hp than the worms/rabbits. Not sure the logic is for having those mobs at the entrance having like 1200 evasion though, they con high evasion with max acc set and sushi, it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-20 10:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just like everything else Square does, it's completely random. There's no static stats for these gates mobs. They're dart boarded.

The gates mobs are WAY better, thats why I dont get everyone rushing out to steal the 3 camps in rakaz.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-20 10:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
The last thing we need is more people thinking they need to come to rakaz to get cp....

You mean with the 24/7 bots controlling all 4 Twitherym camps? Yes, please find another zone.

I only Go to Ra'z when soloing points on RUN, since it kills significantly slower than my BLU. I usually take my BLU to one of the -Gates camps. Far less botted camped and better cp/hr.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-20 10:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a 4th camp. The room with 3 twitheyrms and the fomor mobs. There's no fluturini to bil/dispel your buffs so your trusts last longer(and dont spend mp every 2 fights recasting protectra/shellra). The fomors can be trickly if not killed fast, but once you cleared the room initially, you should get too manya adds because there will be a decent equilibrium of respawns vs kill speed and i get faster cp than butterflies(there are 2-3 twiherym in this room though).
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-20 10:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That room works really poorly, for certain jobs. I used to use that one for monk, worked nicely. The fomors just hit super hard compared to the butterflies and healers run out of mp from cure bombing a sidewinder.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-20 12:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a 4th camp. The room with 3 twitheyrms and the fomor mobs. There's no fluturini to bil/dispel your buffs so your trusts last longer(and dont spend mp every 2 fights recasting protectra/shellra). The fomors can be trickly if not killed fast, but once you cleared the room initially, you should get too manya adds because there will be a decent equilibrium of respawns vs kill speed and i get faster cp than butterflies(there are 2-3 twiherym in this room though).
If the twitheryms/fluturini are using TP moves. You are killing too slow. During that whole chain 133 not one single TP move went off.
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-01-20 16:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Was a one hour party, 2x Blu, War, Whm, Cor (rolls only), and Geo. No ring, just 50% cape, 2x campaign, and Cor roll. Was back on 11/19, before Gifts and such.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-28 15:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So, a little off topic, but this is getting kind of weird now. When I first left the Twitherym camps in Outer Ra'Kaznar it was because I was killing too fast and constantly waiting on repop. Losing chains, etc. About 2-3 weeks ago, for some reason, I decided to go back(conveniently during Double CP campaign), and even though I was quite obviously killing faster than I was before, the repops were coming fast enough that I could still hold very reliable chains. As obviously noticeable in the screenshot in the OP.

And according to Pointwatch I was averging 520k~ EXP and hour and 150k~ CP an hour(during campaign).

Today, I went back, and right off the bat I notice myself waiting on repops again, they were so bad at times I actually lost the Limit Chain twice.... and because of the longer repop timers, Pointwatch never went over 420k~ EXP and hour and 55k~ CP/hour.... which is much lower than it should have been even assuming the loss of double CP.

Now, my question, is there any chance possibility that the Double CP could have affected the repop timers on mobs a bit? Because I don't know anything else that has changed in the past week. I was doing the exact same EXP/CP per hour as the OP just last week, nothing has changed in my gear or playstyle at this camp, and now I can't push past 420k~/hour because of all the waiting around.

It's literally gone from there always always being 1+ mob up, to waiting for EACH mob to repop.....with absolutely no change in kill tactic or gear.
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-01-28 16:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the small text screenshots, i didnt feel like cropping.

Before capes existed, no rings, no gifts, gimped COR roll, but possibly during a double CP campaign:

Solo SAM DD, BRD w/ COR sub for corsairs roll, GEO, BLM puller, WHM mule, and a leech.

DRG and SAM DD, BRD w/ COR sub for corsairs roll, GEO, BLM puller, WHM mule.

This CP/hr would be far more ridiculous with the additions of capes and gifts, and the bats area is way easier, but it did not exist at this time. This was impressive for its time i think.

Edit: Also often times found bringing 2+ DD usually would result in a problem keeping the chain, our puller would already have to worry about running out of range of exp when pulling aceux and rabbits, with 2 DD there wasnt enough mobs and chains would end prematurely, solo SAM or solo DRG often worked best.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-28 16:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
So, a little off topic, but this is getting kind of weird now. When I first left the Twitherym camps in Outer Ra'Kaznar it was because I was killing too fast and constantly waiting on repop. Losing chains, etc. About 2-3 weeks ago, for some reason, I decided to go back(conveniently during Double CP campaign), and even though I was quite obviously killing faster than I was before, the repops were coming fast enough that I could still hold very reliable chains. As obviously noticeable in the screenshot in the OP.

And according to Pointwatch I was averging 520k~ EXP and hour and 150k~ CP an hour(during campaign).

Today, I went back, and right off the bat I notice myself waiting on repops again, they were so bad at times I actually lost the Limit Chain twice.... and because of the longer repop timers, Pointwatch never went over 420k~ EXP and hour and 55k~ CP/hour.... which is much lower than it should have been even assuming the loss of double CP.

Now, my question, is there any chance possibility that the Double CP could have affected the repop timers on mobs a bit? Because I don't know anything else that has changed in the past week. I was doing the exact same EXP/CP per hour as the OP just last week, nothing has changed in my gear or playstyle at this camp, and now I can't push past 420k~/hour because of all the waiting around.

It's literally gone from there always always being 1+ mob up, to waiting for EACH mob to repop.....with absolutely no change in kill tactic or gear.

TLDR: I think there might be a possibility that double CP campaign might affect the repop timers on the mobs, as well.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-28 17:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Wak sometimes I just think you're crazy lol. Every time I do butterflies I've got downtime, regardless of what's active...

The only way I've ever been able to keep a chain past 7 is to stop ws all together and just melee.

The campaigns do give double CP, and the higher the CP the longer the chain remains in tact, so that may be what you're noticing.

You get 30 seconds normally and maybe 40-45 seconds when you get more CP than usual. That's enough time to maintain a chain. The higher the amount of CP, the longer you have to chain the next mob into it. With the minimum being 30 seconds, I believe.
Chain gets higher, you get less time as well.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-28 17:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Last 2-3 weeks I never had to wait on repop. There was always one up, and now I need to wait on EVERY pop again like before. I changed absolutely nothing from last week. Why do I actually have to stand around again than? I got 130+ in the OP, I waited for nothing, I just kept killing non-stop. Never even needed to use SA/TA anymore since every time I pulled a new mob the thing is around 30-40% by the time I get back to 1000 TP.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-28 17:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Really couldn't tell ya, unless more people in the zone killing, makes mobs repop slower, or faster.

When you were getting that 130 chain, I was still waiting on repops. Were in the same zone possibly the same time.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-01-28 22:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

'thought it might be fun to see how high people get'

'legitimate only'

>every post by OP is about themselves

it's ok, someone somewhere thinks you're cool
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph