Forum » FFXI » General » What is the best place to farm dyna
What is the best place to farm dyna
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-01-19 20:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to know where the best place to farm dyna that it drops all 3 coins are or just even the one at a time coins.

also best place to proc.

i am on Stage 3 of my shield and i need to know where a pld can farm and proc him self. and if i need a sub tell me what to sub please.

I know normally it gos in the random questions sticky i just wanted this to be clean and easier for me to keep an eye on.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-19 20:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Preferences... everyone will say one of the 3 dreamlands is the best spot.

Based on time of day. Not going to say which of the 3 is my favorite, because i *** hate it when there are people in my zone of choice.

But, 1 of the 3 dreamlands, Valk/Bubu/Qufim

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-01-19 22:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
I would like to know where the best place to farm dyna that it drops all 3 coins are or just even the one at a time coins.

also best place to proc.

i am on Stage 3 of my shield and i need to know where a pld can farm and proc him self. and if i need a sub tell me what to sub please.

I know normally it gos in the random questions sticky i just wanted this to be clean and easier for me to keep an eye on.

Please don't farm dyna on paladin D: Your kill speed won't get you all the currency you need to finish your Aegis until 2017.

If you absolutely must, get a Chaac Belt for minimal TH.

I suggest going on THF/DNC though and farming JA proc mobs in Bubu, farming NMs in Jeuno, Tav if it's absolutely empty, or Qufim if everywhere else is full.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-19 22:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Tav sucks.... don't go to Tav, worst Dynamis for currency farming. :/
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-01-19 23:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Tav sucks.... don't go to Tav, worst Dynamis for currency farming. :/

Not if you're alone (literally, nobody in the zone).

If you're sharing camps with just one other person it sucks, but I've done quite well when I had it to myself.
By Jetackuu 2015-01-19 23:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I love Tav for XP farming for trials, almost nobody goes to the top, and can still get some currency.

I should try to deck my THF out at some point and try it again, depending how well it goes I may give it a whirl just because the lack of competition up there.
By Nazrious 2015-01-19 23:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
Sylph.Kawar said: »

also best place to proc.

Please don't farm dyna on paladin D: Your kill speed won't get you all the currency you need to finish your Aegis until 2017.

If you absolutely must, get a Chaac Belt for minimal TH.

I suggest going on THF/DNC though and farming JA proc mobs in Bubu, farming NMs in Jeuno, Tav if it's absolutely empty, or Qufim if everywhere else is full.

Pld is used to cleave for exp in Dyna, not farm currency. Load up on leeches and go in and cleave. Got to get that dyna exp some way on your mules.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-01-20 00:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The routes I used for my RelicQufim was best for me. Also I would say try to get in during a dead time on your server. For Asura that was around 2-5AM/PM EST.

Another tip is search the zones before you enter. You can even ask if who has what camp before you enter.

Also put your camp in to your Search Comment. It lets people know you are there and they are less likely to camp on you.

As for your job, THF/DNC is obviously best.

For PLD I would recommend either /DNC to stay with the normal JA procs or /THF and go for the WS windows.

If you go for the WS windows just pull as many as you can handle and AoE them down with Circle blade and such. You may not get as much currency this way but you will have 0 competition. It's a decent fall back if the JA camps are all taken.
 Valefor.Redenius
Server: Valefor
user: Redenius
By Valefor.Redenius 2015-01-20 00:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree THF/DNC is almost a must if you want to get anywhere at a decent time frame. I farm Dynamis-Beaucedine. I farm Sandy currency currently and on average get 200-300 singles. On occasion I get a 100 off an NM. The main thing is to get your THF up there and cap your treasure hunter.
 Bismarck.Squah
Server: Bismarck
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2015-01-20 01:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

A good THF/DNC will pull 550-620~ coins from a full dreamlands run, and my DNC/0 (which is ***, all hand me down gear from thf and nothing special) gets 450-500~ singles, and by law of averages, should get 2~ white procs per run.

My preferred camps are the same as Ackeron, with the added route in valkurm of flytrap>sabotender>goobbue since his camp is almost always occupied, and *** competition. Over 2 months~, I've never been needled by the sabotenders, 1k or otherwise
By ryukin182 2015-01-20 01:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Squah said: »
Over 2 months~, I've never been needled by the sabotenders, 1k or otherwise

Por que?! I tried to do sabo since I thought I could live through it with the new 119 gear after returning from 2 years. Within 5 minutes my alt died because it took to long to proc for 5k dmg. Said *** that and have not returned to it.

Also 560-600? I am only getting 1k per run dual boxing. My biggest problem is proc rates, half the time I have to turn at 10-25% for the proc because of how quick DC mobs die.
By Davorin 2015-01-20 01:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

ryukin182 said: »
Bismarck.Squah said: »
Over 2 months~, I've never been needled by the sabotenders, 1k or otherwise

Por que?! I tried to do sabo since I thought I could live through it with the new 119 gear after returning from 2 years. Within 5 minutes my alt died because it took to long to proc for 5k dmg. Said *** that and have not returned to it.

Also 560-600? I am only getting 1k per run dual boxing. My biggest problem is proc rates, half the time I have to turn at 10-25% for the proc because of how quick DC mobs die.

Don't turn. Never turn. Just kill it and move on.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-01-20 03:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm I generally get about 530-550 on THF personally. Also yeah, never turn, you'll just waste time.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-20 03:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Dyna sabotenders have 1000, 2000 and 10000 needles move. Aside pdt, no ilv will save.

A really bad choice if you fail to proc it. Good side is that should be one of the less camped mob.
By charlo999 2015-01-20 05:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Qufim is easily the easiest. Very close TEs. Camps are dense with mobs and very close together. And you have good options if there's a few people.
If I get bored with dreamlands i like to mix it up with the lotto that is jeuno. Spamming NMs and boss. Can get 9+ 100s if your lucky and zone is nice and tight with some good safe spots.
Not better p/h than dreamlands. But a nice change when dreamlands is eatting your brain. Also it's always empty.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2015-01-20 06:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Dyna sabotenders have 1000, 2000 and 10000 needles move. Aside pdt, no ilv will save.

A really bad choice if you fail to proc it. Good side is that should be one of the less camped mob.

I farm these all the time on my MNK and never have issue. I suppose part of it is the subtle blow, but I have yet to die to any move.
By charlo999 2015-01-20 06:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just like bombs in qufim never tp. Because they are dead well before they get the tp for it. Takes like 6 rounds to kill them
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2015-01-20 06:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I farm all my currency around the guide stones in both Port Jeuno and Lower Jeuno. Sometimes I farm in Adoulin around the moghouses but only when the pickings are slim in jeuno. I generally do my farming on blm or with a blm sub since warp ring cool down etc.
[+]
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Taidis 2015-01-20 06:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

BlaTheTaru said: »
I farm all my currency around the guide stones in both Port Jeuno and Lower Jeuno. Sometimes I farm in Adoulin around the moghouses but only when the pickings are slim in jeuno. I generally do my farming on blm or with a blm sub since warp ring cool down etc.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-01-20 07:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

They have 4k but I've never seen 10k.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-20 07:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »

They have 4k but I've never seen 10k.

Wikia mention 10k, and he said his alt took 5k.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-01-20 07:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cactuses suck without question.

Should you do Valkurm, watch out for Fairy Ring... idc what people say, even in ilvl that thing is pure evil.

For Aegis farming, when I helped someone make theirs, we did Bubu and spammed HQ mandies/crawlers/scorpions. Only problem with this is that that path is highly camped, and scorps are literally across the map from the other two groups.

A decently geared thf/dnc should be just fine even if surrounded by 10 hq mandies, as long as you proc 'em.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Taidis 2015-01-20 08:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The camps I do sort of alternate but my preferred are:

Qufim: Krakens > Weapons > Raptors

Can do Rocs + Gaylas down the tunnel instead of Krakens but in general I've not found Qufim to be very flexible when there is competition, there are bombs and tigers on the north side of the spine but 0-8 JA mobs are on the south side.

Buburimu: Mandies > Scorpions > Ravens

The only flexibility with this one really is you can do Crabs instead of Scorpions.

Valkurm: Flytrap > Hippogryph > Treant

This zone is probably the most flexible, you can do things like Funguars > Sheep > Treant
Flytrap > Hippogryph > Manticore