Server Merge For The People!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Server Merge for the People!
Server Merge for the People!
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Maximos
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: UryuAsura
By Asura.Maximos 2015-01-16 03:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

How can we get through to SE that we need some servers merged? I know it's SE and everything is on their secret schedule but come on already, we could easily have servers at 2k pops all day if we would merge some of the smaller ones. AND then while your at it, make FFXIV/FFXI one subscription :D Like Sony does.

Like should we start a petition? Haha
[+]
By onvasquez 2015-01-16 04:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus definitely needs a merge as well. Also sign me up for 1 sub fee.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-01-16 05:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Here we go, again...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Arcksan
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pluton
By Carbuncle.Arcksan 2015-01-16 05:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't care about FFXIV, let this MMO die, then SE can focus on FFXI once again <3
[+]
By Blazed1979 2015-01-16 05:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Arcksan said: »
Don't care about FFXIV, let this MMO die, then SE can focus on FFXI once again <3

/thread.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-16 06:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Pro merge.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-01-16 06:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of waiting for them to merge just join bahamut.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-16 07:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be for merge if dynamis mobs were 10 second re pop
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-16 07:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Also paying them extra money to fix their problem sounds like terrible business decision
[+]
By Yankke23 2015-01-16 07:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Server merge... thx for the offer but i have to pass!!!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-16 07:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

While they're at it, I'm TIRED of 119.

How do you fail at gaming?:
Announce the change to ilvl after 10 years of actual levels, then stagnate it at the same ilvl for 2 years.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-16 07:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Maximos said: »
AND then while your at it, make FFXIV/FFXI one subscription

They won't do this.... you can petition until you're blue in the face. Do you know how much money they would lose if they did this? LMAO. Square Enix is a business, not a charity, lol.

And as for server merging, I think populations are fine the way they are. It's not like content needs 18 people any more. You can do anything in the game with 6 or less. The content is actually designed that way...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-16 07:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Also paying them extra money to fix their problem sounds like terrible business decision

This. Also, I'm with Jassik on the previous thread: I don't want longger lines and stuff for common activities. More people is well and dandy, but 2000 seems excessive.

You guys don't realize that the {Trust} initiative was the answer to the server merge years ago? Dead serious. They aren't merging servers ever again. 2 reasons: 1) You can pay to move (this is income for them. 2) You can call 3 players to fight with you anytime, and then adjust the content difficulty accordingly.

Why do you need 700 more players, when each of you can call 3 of your buddies to help conquer vana'diel? Have you seen WKRs; Flooded with trusts? They keep updating trusts specifically to address the server population & solo play concerns. They keep increasing zones and stats/behavior of them to emulate actual players. You don't see that SE has actually replaced the thought of Server Merge with Trusts!!!????

(I'm joking, but this is likely how SE reasons).

I don't honestly believe trusts ever replace real players, but I will admit that Ayame SCs WAAAAAAY better than most of the playerbase.When viewed from that light, she's already more valuable to party setting than your typical flowchart.

inb4; trusts can now be called in delve
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-01-16 08:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

As much as I hate to say it, unless SE changes some things soon, the game will continue to steadily decrease in players to the point of failure. The game is 11+ years old. Right now they are more than likely 99.9% reliant on long term (played for 3+ years) players, and not actually bringing in a newer player base. Not to say there is a problem with this concept, but when you create very little new content, you can't expect to keep the playerbase that has been supporting you all this time. I know this may sound like I'm being an armchair quarterback, but stop making mistakes. Listen to your customers. You have a group of third party developers doing more to support and make small, yet interesting UI and Quality of Life improvements than your own dev team. Why? Because they play the game. They see what it needs, and they ask for what we would like to see, and try to make it a reality.

Also, Nope on server merging. I like Bismarck the way it is.
By Wordspoken 2015-01-16 08:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

In my opinion server merge is pointless, as it doesn't solve the obvious issue: why it has come that population is low. What's the point of merging servers if in months you're back at the same situation?

Then again, I don't play anymore so do as you please.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-01-16 09:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

How can we get through to SE that we need some servers merged? I know it's SE and everything is on their secret schedule but come on already, we could easily have servers at 2k pops all day if we would merge some of the smaller ones. AND then while your at it, make FFXIV/FFXI one subscription :D Like Sony does.

opinion, and no.
[+]
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-01-16 09:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

opinion, and no.

agreed. if you want a server merge is likely because you cant get stuff done and thats your problem. Being from a server that has been merged twice, its not a great thing, you get lots of weirdo's. Merge AH and let everything sell-able be put on there, now that I would agree with. It would screw with the prices for a while but everything would stabilize.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-16 09:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

That'd be kinda nice... world wide auction house. Wouldn't solve the issues that most people complain about.

They simply want new faces to do things with. It gets old doing things with the same people.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-16 10:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
That'd be kinda nice... world wide auction house. Wouldn't solve the issues that most people complain about. They simply want new faces to do things with. It gets old doing things with the same people.

Speak for yourself. I enjoy kicking it with the crew that I know can communicate well and understands others' playstyles and what is generally expected. A bunch of new people would mean I would have to get on skype with a bunch of.... weirdos. I don't wanna have to hurt anybody's feelings.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2015-01-16 10:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If you ask me, will a server merge fix the game? Honestly, no. You might see more shouts here and there. There might be more people to do stuff with. But nowadays with the smaller community, everyone almost knows who everyone is (and their mules and mom's mules). I'm more comfortable asking people who I know can perform rather than shouting for a random chance of skill. I have nothing against shouts. I join them all the time (when I can). But when I want to progress in something, searching for a random person is my last option.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-16 12:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
That'd be kinda nice... world wide auction house. Wouldn't solve the issues that most people complain about. They simply want new faces to do things with. It gets old doing things with the same people.

Speak for yourself. I enjoy kicking it with the crew that I know can communicate well and understands others' playstyles and what is generally expected. A bunch of new people would mean I would have to get on skype with a bunch of.... weirdos. I don't wanna have to hurt anybody's feelings.

PM me I'll jump in Skype and hurt their feelings for you/me because I'd prolly enjoy it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-16 12:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

PM me I'll jump in Skype and hurt their feelings for you/me because I'd prolly enjoy it.

This is conduct unbecoming of someone who attained the "2nd Most Helpful Member" award. :)
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-16 12:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »

This is conduct unbecoming of someone who attained the "2nd Most Helpful Member" award. :)

!
[+]
 Asura.Maximos
Server: Asura
user: UryuAsura
By Asura.Maximos 2015-01-16 12:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly guys I just want the community back to normal levels. I know content is meant now to be low manned, I know trusts are here to be our .Hack MMO Simulator buddies, I know long lines aren't fun, but having a larger player base just means more immersion and just means the community is more enjoyable to be around. As for server transferring, I did transfer to Odin, but it is full of JPs which are fun to play with but are no better than Trusts when it comes to communication at times. IDK I know they aren't going to anytime soon, would just like to see the next expansion announced around summer with the reduction of servers to like what 8 or 10?
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-01-16 12:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »

This. Also, I'm with Jassik on the previous thread: I don't want longger lines and stuff for common activities. More people is well and dandy, but 2000 seems excessive.

You guys don't realize that the {Trust} initiative was the answer to the server merge years ago? Dead serious. They aren't merging servers ever again. 2 reasons: 1) You can pay to move (this is income for them. 2) You can call 3 players to fight with you anytime, and then adjust the content difficulty accordingly.

Why do you need 700 more players, when each of you can call 3 of your buddies to help conquer vana'diel? Have you seen WKRs; Flooded with trusts? They keep updating trusts specifically to address the server population & solo play concerns. They keep increasing zones and stats/behavior of them to emulate actual players. You don't see that SE has actually replaced the thought of Server Merge with Trusts!!!????

(I'm joking, but this is likely how SE reasons).

I don't honestly believe trusts ever replace real players, but I will admit that Ayame SCs WAAAAAAY better than most of the playerbase.When viewed from that light, she's already more valuable to party setting than your typical flowchart.

inb4; trusts can now be called in delve

We all work. 18 dollars to move is not that much. If my 18 dollars can be put to work on better contents I'm all up for it. We waste plenty of money on other craps in real life. I even pay some buddies to move. (I am not rich. In fact quite poor :(
 Bahamut.Lunk
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lunk 2015-01-16 12:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lilkat said: »
The problem with this is that FFXIV needs merges too, do you expect them to merge servers on 2 games at a time when they are trying to make everything look positive? I don't know if you read the latest end of year report but things aren't going that well for Square's MMOs.

Server merges really aren't needed honestly though, the content is all low-man these days and server peak times are still quite a bit higher than US peak. Most people only want merges because they are comparing numbers now with numbers years ago, not because they are actually needed.

If endgame was the same now as it was 4 years ago I would agree but not today.

Also the one sub fee is an awful idea, they would make less money. They don't want more players on the servers, they want more money.

4 years ago was abyssea and that was totally low man when we DIDNT want more peopele camping NMs.

NOW is when we need bigger groups to do stuff *the new stuff* shouts are down, playing is down, we need more people. simple
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-16 12:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly guys I just want the community back to normal levels. I know content is meant now to be low manned, I know trusts are here to be our .Hack MMO Simulator buddies, I know long lines aren't fun, but having a larger player base just means more immersion and just means the community is more enjoyable to be around. As for server transferring, I did transfer to Odin, but it is full of JPs which are fun to play with but are no better than Trusts when it comes to communication at times. IDK I know they aren't going to anytime soon, would just like to see the next expansion announced around summer with the reduction of servers to like what 8 or 10?

While I understand where you are coming from high levels of emersion is not the only issue. What you fail to understand that any instanced event (AA fight’s is a prime example and not restricted to this content only) and have a limited number of servers available, which in theory shouldn’t be an issue, however as these battles are soloable for entry you do occasionally see delays and having to wait to enter for small groups/solos etc which causes us to have to wait (DM2 especially) when we have things people need. This is on a server during peak time of 650 players, this with a over 2000 players (more than 3x) could happen a lot more often, if not every time, especially so for US / JP linkshells, EU LS’s however would probably not experience this issue due to the limited player base playing at their prime time, however the over magnitude of the impact could be rather large, which lowers overall enjoyment and playability.
And of course Delve has the same limitations, which since the 18 man easement has seen instances where we can’t enter because SE has a limited number of servers dedicated to this.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2015-01-16 13:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

While I understand where you are coming from high levels of emersion is not the only issue. What you fail to understand that any instanced event (AA fight’s is a prime example and not restricted to this content only) and have a limited number of servers available, which in theory shouldn’t be an issue, however as these battles are soloable for entry you do occasionally see delays and having to wait to enter for small groups/solos etc which causes us to have to wait (DM2 especially) when we have things people need. This is on a server during peak time of 650 players, this with a over 2000 players (more than 3x) could happen a lot more often, if not every time, especially so for US / JP linkshells, EU LS’s however would probably not experience this issue due to the limited player base playing at their prime time, however the over magnitude of the impact could be rather large, which lowers overall enjoyment and playability.
And of course Delve has the same limitations, which since the 18 man easement has seen instances where we can’t enter because SE has a limited number of servers dedicated to this.

AA fights aren't really instanced. Just like other arena BCNMs. There are however, only 3 copies of the BCNM in those zones. Filling those with people soloing is a problem and only magnified with more people. You're spot on about that, but they're not adding stress to instance servers. They just create line ups.

Incursion, Delve, and Skirmish among other events are restricted to the limited number of instance servers. When they are stressed, it doesn't only create a que to enter, but adds considerable lag to those inside. Phantom TP moves in Delve come to mind.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-16 13:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Commencal said: »

AA fights aren't really instanced. Just like other arena BCNMs. There are however, only 3 copies of the BCNM in those zones. Filling those with people soloing is a problem and only magnified with more people. You're spot on about that, but they're not adding stress to instance servers. They just create line ups.

Incursion, Delve, and Skirmish among other events are restricted to the limited number of instance servers. When they are stressed, it doesn't only create a que to enter, but adds considerable lag to those inside. Phantom TP moves in Delve come to mind.

I may have used the trm instanced prematirely however my point remains the same, the best method to counter this would be to add multiple servers to carry the extra load but yeah.
First Page 2 3