Paypal Has Been Re-added As A Payment Option.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Paypal has been re-added as a payment option.
Paypal has been re-added as a payment option.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2015-01-15 17:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

(Finally).

Didn't see an official post about this and only a rep post on the forums so I thought I'd pass the info along.

Paypal is finally a payment option again, for anyone like me who has had obscene amounts of 401/601 errors. Seems like it's done through Global Collect, so hopefully no more shady stuff like C&B was in the past.

Only took them three and a half months >_>
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-15 17:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't realize it ever was.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-15 17:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Praise Altana!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-01-15 17:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Mind you, just adding paypal is a step to solution, but before they removed ultimatepay options, SE had refused my paypal payment due to its troublesome system.

Lets hope everything was fixed.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2015-01-15 19:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

They did say on the official forum months ago that they're working on setting up paypal for payment.

But it's interesting that it took them this long to get it sorted.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-15 19:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
They did say on the official forum months ago that they're working on setting up paypal for payment.

But it's interesting that it took them this long to get it sorted.

SE Team is obviously a bunch of noobs in level 113~117 spark ***.

Prolly the best comparison is that they're a bunch of scrubs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-01-15 19:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno what kind of hoops an international cooperation has to jump through with Paypal, but I was in charge of setting it up for a local company that went to homes and did on site services around the house like handyman work and such. It was awesome until the first charge back, then they hit us with 7-14 day waits on all payments because "we weren't able to provide proof that the customer had received the charged services." Took upwards of 3 months of solid usage after that with no complaints or charge backs before we were able to get back to instant deposit. Can imagine they had to take some time to work out terms and such to avoid situations like that. 3ish months for a no name company I get, but for a larger, international, traded company, it seems a bit extreme.
By Nazrious 2015-01-15 21:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »
I dunno what kind of hoops an international cooperation has to jump through with Paypal, but I was in charge of setting it up for a local company that went to homes and did on site services around the house like handyman work and such. It was awesome until the first charge back, then they hit us with 7-14 day waits on all payments because "we weren't able to provide proof that the customer had received the charged services." Took upwards of 3 months of solid usage after that with no complaints or charge backs before we were able to get back to instant deposit. Can imagine they had to take some time to work out terms and such to avoid situations like that. 3ish months for a no name company I get, but for a larger, international, traded company, it seems a bit extreme.

Not related to SE but in regards to the example.

A signed off completion of work added to the bottom of work orders should be sufficient. Just one line and a spot for a signature.

Paypal in general can be a big itch both on payment and being paid. They tend to work on a authorized debit first basis, which requires by laws/regs much more hoops than credit transactions.
 Ragnarok.Abazaba
Server: Ragnarok
user: abazaba
By Ragnarok.Abazaba 2015-01-15 22:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Killer timing on this for me. This past billing period I was getting spammed with 401,601 on my credit card.

Tried my credit card today still wouldn't work after working no problem for the last 6 months, but paypal worked no problem!
By Nazrious 2015-01-16 16:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Never tried but can prepayed visa etc be added to paypal?
 Asura.Tsutushutu
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tsutushutu 2015-01-18 13:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

A reloadable card like the Walmart or money network card can be used as it is attached to a bank.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-01-18 13:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh hey... I can actually use my debit card now...