Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Songs of Sentiment
Songs of Sentiment
By Artemicion 2015-01-14 21:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello AHers, I'd like you tell a story. A story about a song in particular; one that holds a great deal of sentimental value to you and perhaps tells a tale of it's own and why it means so much to you. Perhaps it's little more than a trip down nostalgia lane, but either way I'd like to hear your song and why it's so dear to you.

As for me, my song is difficult to verify, as it's significance took place when I was merely around the age of two. But apparently I was difficult to put down for naps or sleep in general, and the only fail-safe solution my parents had was to play this EP on their stereo/record player at blaring volumes. Hearing it now leaves a faint familiarity that is difficult to articulate, but I sincerely believe the story to be true, as it to this day strikes a chord with me. Perhaps as an origin to my musical journey in life.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-01-14 22:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

For me, this song was always the "comfort/reassurance" song that's been with me all of my life.

When I first came to the US, Boston rock music was some of the first contemporary American music I'd heard (along with the 50's/60's music my mom and dad liked) as disco was just being replaced by New Wave. Later on, in middle school my older brother's 'rocker' friends took me under their influential (and probably bad-influence) wing and got me into American classic rock, and then in high school Boston's "Third Stage" album.

So impressed with it, I looked up their older stuff on my own, and fell madly in love with their second album (which oddly Tom Scholz hated the most!) "Don't Look Back" was the first CD I ever bought, before I even had a CD player! LOL

I'd play my cassette version over and over and even got paint on it when I'd stay up and paint my mom's house one summer, and the ink rubbed off of it because I'd play it all the time. ^^

I loved the album so much, but this song always stayed with me, on a personal level.

YouTube Video Placeholder

It's always reassured me that things will work out in the end, no matter what happens in my life. It means to me that even if I have to go things alone, I'll be all right. It means to me that if things don't always go right in my life, I can do what I can on my end to see them end gracefully and amicably--and that there's something better out there, just waiting if I keep trying... :)

/nostalgia off
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2015-01-14 22:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

afk Foreplay/Longtime on repeat forever.
[+]
By Artemicion 2015-01-15 15:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping in case anyone is interested.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [687 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]