Have You Tried /geo?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Have you tried /geo?
Have you tried /geo?
By Afania 2015-01-15 14:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
A very brief look at /GEO..

No GEO spell access at all. I could only use Indi-spells on WHM/GEO. So you're stuck with only one buff/debuff.

Limited spell selection. Prime example, No frailty.

Low potency. With capped and merited skills:

Indi-Refresh was yielding 1/tick refresh. (GEO main, +10/tick)
Indi-Fury was giving +9.7% atk. (My GEO main, +46.4% atk.)
Indi-Precision, +9 acc. (My GEO main, +72 ACC.)

It's pretty bad for the most part. Fury is decent if you look at is as 9.7% vs nothing. Maybe sub it on a buffing job if you have enough support that they don't need to assist with status removal/curing?

Brd can sub dnc and Rudra spam plus steps for def Eva down. I dont see how sub geo beats it.
Quote someone else if you want to argue against a position that I didn't take.

Well, this is how you worded your statement:

Maybe sub it on a buffing job if you have enough support that they don't need to assist with status removal/curing?

In situations that status removal/curing isn't needed, the default sub is /DNC. To use /GEO it'd replace /DNC. I don't see how I understand your statement wrong in this case.
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-01-15 14:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

/DNC is really boss...12-14k Rudras at 200% on 130 Gramk Droog and this is with /WHM. Can probably push a bit further with /DNC's Steps and offhand hit.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-01-15 14:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
I don't see how I understand your statement wrong in this case.
Brd can sub dnc and Rudra spam plus steps for def Eva down. I dont see how sub geo beats it.
I never said it did.

I compared GEO main, to /GEO. Then /GEO, specifically Indi-Fury, to having nothing.
It's pretty bad for the most part. Fury is decent if you look at it as 9.7% vs nothing.
I didn't assert that /GEO was a good idea, or that it was better than anything. I only conceded that one could possibly find a use for it via fury. Doesn't mean that it's optimal use, just that it's not completely useless.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-01-16 07:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
I don't see how I understand your statement wrong in this case.
I never said it did.

I compared GEO main, to /GEO. Then /GEO, specifically Indi-Fury, to having nothing.
It's pretty bad for the most part. Fury is decent if you look at it as 9.7% vs nothing.
I didn't assert that /GEO was a good idea, or that it was better than anything. I only conceded that one could possibly find a use for it via fury. Doesn't mean that it's optimal use, just that it's not completely useless.

Fair point, but since it's almost near impossible to pt with a BRD with no SJ unlocked(I've never seen a SJ-less BRD in endgame, even in PUG), /GEO v.s sub nothing is a situation that usually won't exist.....in the end it's more logical to look at it as /GEO v.s the default sub /DNC.