First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-01-13 21:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Warning: this is a rant.

So my kids went to bed early. I have a hour or 2 free time before bed. Log on FFXI. Try to do something. Anything. I don't need gil or items or plasm. I just want to do something. Outparse people, Sing some bard songs. Cure somebody. Nada.

I shouted Rem Chapter 1. No replies. I answered a shout from some scrub asking if I can come dancer to the stellar fulcrum fight. No respond. holy crap what is this early 2013 delve v1 plasm farm where a shout gets u 20+ tells? theres no indecency to at least say sorry parties full? or do u have another DD job like Sam which I do have. next I shouted Kaggen I end at like 4 members before I give up.

Game is not playable in Lakshmi unless u in the big 3 or 4 linkshells of Lakshmi. Again before u say join a shell. Lots of shells recruiting across servers would accept me easily. my playtime starts when kids are asleep chores are done. therefore I rely on things happening whenever I log on .. aka shouts.

Which brings me to next point. Shouts in Bahamut. Tojil shouts Wokpet Shouts Ouryu shouts. Kaggen shout. I wouldn't mind joining any of these shouts. Its like night and day compare to Lakshmi shouts.

Im sick and tired of getting my small window of opportunity to play just sitting in town. im prob moving to Bahamut soon as my stuff sells. Post yr server frustrations here.

By the way the shell I am currently in is full of nice people and great players unfortunately their time is pacific time which is my bed time when they do stuff.
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2015-01-13 22:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut needs more milk...for my cookies...seriously these Oreos aren't going to dunk themselves!

...On a side note, welcome to Bahamut Amy! It can be a bit dull at times but it's a pretty cozy server with some nice people.
By Calibeaner916 2015-01-13 23:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah amy, it sucks on lakshmi. been considering a move to Asura, got a buddy there who says its got ppl who do stuffs. if you do leave. good luck!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-01-13 23:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If your playtime is limited, obviously lower population is going to be a hinderance, but Lakshmi is fine.
By Brolli 2015-01-13 23:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
If your playtime is limited, obviously lower population is going to be a hinderance, but Lakshmi is fine.
Lakshmi is dead with less than 300 players online regulary, that's like.. almost/nobody online but mules
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-01-13 23:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Brolli said: »
Lakshmi is dead with less than 300 players online regulary, that's like.. almost/nobody online but mules

520 online right now, and it's usually closer to 800. There's already someone at basically every dynamis camp 24 hrs a day. If you have any friends or a flexible schedule, you should never want for things to do. If you have a limited play time, yes, of course, it's not enough people to get everything done in shout groups.
 Odin.Ardalus
user: Ardalus
By Odin.Ardalus 2015-01-14 02:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello Amymy. I was on Lakshmi as Ardalus and I think we were in the same LS with Kealoha. On my birthday, I moved to Odin. (In 2002, my friends and I opt'd to be on Odin, but back then you didn't have option of where to go...) So, in remembrance to that I choose to goto Odin. People are nice. I had one issue with some dude who got mad at me cause I wasn't on enough, he didn't invite me to his LS cause I don't play 24/7... but other than that, only problem I've had. I certainly do miss last year, when Kea's LS was in a prime state and people were constantly doing things...
By Pantafernando 2015-01-14 03:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

By Nazrious 2015-01-14 06:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Why sleep now when you have plenty of time for it when you are dead?
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-01-14 07:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

520 online right now, and it's usually closer to 800. There's already someone at basically every dynamis camp 24 hrs a day. If you have any friends or a flexible schedule, you should never want for things to do. If you have a limited play time, yes, of course, it's not enough people to get everything done in shout groups.

Not yet at bahamut but possibly by Friday. Lakshmi is not fine. I couldn't get more then 3 for a kaggen. That's pretty bad. It's not like everybody is doing stuff lol.

I would say I speak for the up and coming players. Not sure how those newer players can even get into delve. Level white mage bard for delve and there's no shouts.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-01-14 08:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »

Not yet at bahamut but possibly by Friday. Lakshmi is not fine. I couldn't get more then 3 for a kaggen. That's pretty bad. It's not like everybody is doing stuff lol.

I would say I speak for the up and coming players. Not sure how those newer players can even get into delve. Level white mage bard for delve and there's no shouts.

Please come to Bahamut to whm and bard, people will love you for it.

Or maybe it's just me that will.
By Nazrious 2015-01-14 08:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »

Seeker ur now my official go to whm, until you finish your Tizona, get to work. Lol ;p

But seriously if you get a rep as a solid whm or brd here on Baha you will be well off, but don't screw up on whm can't hide suck on whm like you can on brd.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-14 08:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to address the white elephant:

Reputation.
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-01-14 08:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

the real question is, why arent you in one of the 'big' linkshells. why rely on shouts. get some friends in your time zone.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-01-14 08:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »
Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »

Seeker ur now my official go to whm, until you finish your Tizona, get to work. Lol ;p

But seriously if you get a rep as a solid whm or brd here on Baha you will be well off, but don't screw up on whm can't hide suck on whm like you can on brd.

Sure!

As long as you don't want pro/shell, cures above Cure II, haste, or status removal, I'll gladly WHM for you. <3

(Note: I /really, really/ hate whming.)
 Bahamut.Rutman
user: Rutman
By Bahamut.Rutman 2015-01-14 08:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

As someone who transferred from Lakshmi several months ago I can tell you that you won't be disappointed with Bahamut. There are plenty of shouts looking for whm and brd and several VW shouts nightly as well. JP shouts start much earlier than they do on Lakshmi so that can sometimes be a plus if you can get in on those. Welcome to Bahamut!
[+]
 Bahamut.Rommi
user: Andromida
By Bahamut.Rommi 2015-01-14 08:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Amymy, I moved from Laks to Baha almost 2 years ago now and it was slow then, I dread to think what its like now. I haven't looked back, I have even convinced quite a few of my friends to move over as well. Even during EU times there are plenty of shouts through the evening, Kaggens are frequent! Also the economy is a lot better over here, one of my friends was surprised to find out that all of the items for upgrading REM equipment was available on the AH when he first moved over. The only thing I am sad about is loosing my awesome name, c'est la vie. Hope to see you soon!
By Calibeaner916 2015-01-14 09:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

520 online, 400 afk.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-01-14 09:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Just join Anduril
By Nazrious 2015-01-14 09:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Im surprised SE hasn't merged some servers again.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-14 10:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

SE wants first to cash some server transfer money from some deserters before merging.
 Lakshmi.Nightsage
user: Nightsage
By Lakshmi.Nightsage 2015-01-14 10:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
Just join Anduril
I told her this but she seems set on transfering
By Calibeaner916 2015-01-14 10:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »
Im surprised SE hasn't merged some servers again.
they wont, because the JP player base is not effected by it. well on Lakshmi anyways.
 Lakshmi.Tummie
user: Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-01-14 10:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »
the real question is, why arent you in one of the 'big' linkshells. why rely on shouts. get some friends in your time zone.

The problem is when you have a sporadic playtime due to RL situations, having a big linkshell may not help. What I believe Amy is looking for is just mainly a situation where she can login whenever and be able to jump into a PUG and do something. That's very hard to do on Lakshmi because people are usually busy working on their 2nd or 3rd R/E/M. Occasionally there will be shouts for Kaggen or other things but not at the frequency that it once was.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-01-14 10:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Nightsage said: »
Just join Anduril

If they ask me to join I would have. Only person that ask me is neboh. And I did join. Hes a great guy but he's pacific time. I feel so unwanted here at Lakshmi. People are rude. It's last night when I tried to join a pick up stellar fulcrum fight and got no rely that I had enough. Before When this terrible scholar was shouting tojil I joined and parsed 1 and for some reason I wasnt invited back and was told he's looking for people who work together. Wtf?

Tried to be nice to someone who was shouting pil to join my kaggen and I offered if u get a cuticle I'll buy u a pil tulle to change for the cuticle and was told I was pushy and mean. Wtf?
 Bahamut.Rutman
user: Rutman
By Bahamut.Rutman 2015-01-14 10:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I never ran into the problems you are experiencing on Lakshmi but sounds like it may just be time for a change of scenery. I, like you, don't have the ability to get into a set schedule and the lack of pick up shouts is why I moved. Every server is going to have "those" people but Bahamut has been a great choice and there is usually a steady stream of VW, REM page, AA battles, Unity fights, delve shouts etc.
 Garuda.Allysse
Server: Garuda
user: fsaletta
By Garuda.Allysse 2015-01-14 11:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Amy I moved a couple days ago. It's much more peaceful on bahamut. Lots more shouts and everyone I have ran into has been super nice
[+]
 Lakshmi.Nightsage
user: Nightsage
By Lakshmi.Nightsage 2015-01-14 11:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Nightsage said: »
Just join Anduril

If they ask me to join I would have. Only person that ask me is neboh. And I did join. Hes a great guy but he's pacific time. I feel so unwanted here at Lakshmi. People are rude. It's last night when I tried to join a pick up stellar fulcrum fight and got no rely that I had enough. Before When this terrible scholar was shouting tojil I joined and parsed 1 and for some reason I wasnt invited back and was told he's looking for people who work together. Wtf?

Tried to be nice to someone who was shouting pil to join my kaggen and I offered if u get a cuticle I'll buy u a pil tulle to change for the cuticle and was told I was pushy and mean. Wtf?
Thats people in general, has nothing to do with Lakshmi. Im sure you will find the same thing will happen on your new server. And as far a Anduril i wasn't asked to join. I spoke with Scooby he told me they do apps and i should toss one in to become a social member, which i did.
 Lakshmi.Tummie
user: Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-01-14 11:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Amy, I just checked the shouts on Bahamut and they are shouting for Marjami Delve right now and need a BRD and GEO lol I might have to join you.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7