Unusual Delve Setups
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Keme
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Keme 2015-01-07 06:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi everyone, I was bored and wanted to share some infos.
I saw Mischief way to do 1-5-B Marjami Ravine Delve, with 3SCH + GEO, and thought it can be fun to make a topic with unusual setups to break delve.

I did Bee + Tree runs with a setup I call superCOR, the concept is to use 3+ CORs as main DD and buffers, so you can get 6+ rolls which make them incredibely strong.

I recorded Mega-Bosses fight if you bored too and wanna watch :

Wopket :
YouTube Video Placeholder

Muyingwa :
YouTube Video Placeholder

So feel free to share your (working) unusual setups here.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-01-07 07:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Not exactly an unusual set up or new I did this quite a few months ago in some very quick runs and I know other people did this before me. It's not done that much because well people won't differ much from the norm which is a shame really since this set up is a lot of fun. We took the bee down with 3 cors and a Sam in just under 1min and Wopket died in around 4-5mins again same set up.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2015-01-07 07:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this post is cool as hell. Nice work!
[+]
 Asura.Tot
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tot 2015-01-07 07:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

pup x6 all delve
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-01-07 08:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tot said: »
pup x6 all delve
Too much power
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-01-07 08:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

We were considering a 6x RDM Tojil run... I think I'll round up the RDM team and let people know how that goes. :D
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-01-07 08:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't wanna throw cold water here but even Delve II predates the WS update so DD selection really doesn't matter.

I would be interested to see what people could do with 1 non-WHM main job healer and/or no buff jobs.
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-01-07 08:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Did Bee+2 with SCH+GEO duo, had a GEO mule too but i wasn't keeping his buffs up very well. Obviously room for improvement, bring a DD as third and easily add more NMs.
By charlo999 2015-01-07 08:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool to be posting different party combos than the norm, keeps the fun and variety ingame. The geo and 3xsch vid doing bird delve was nice to see too. I'd like to see more.

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Not exactly an unusual set up or new I did this quite a few months ago in some very quick runs and I know other people did this before me. It's not done that much because well people won't differ much from the norm which is a shame really since this set up is a lot of fun. We took the bee down with 3 cors and a Sam in just under 1min and Wopket died in around 4-5mins again same set up.

While I agree I've seen this done in one other vid somewhere. A lot of people haven't. Which is why he's called it unusual. And bringing the fact that other setups work, to the wider player base can only be good for everyone right?
 Asura.Bratgurl
user: shantoto
By Asura.Bratgurl 2015-01-07 09:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bee +5 whm brd sch thfx3, that's fun. Goes down faster then rng sam and easier on brd.
 Asura.Kaoriasada
By Asura.Kaoriasada 2015-01-07 09:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

My friends and I take SAM, COR, COR, GEO, GEO, RDM a lot. We've also replaced SAM with BLU in that situation, and done that with 5/6 of these delves.

We've done All T1 delves and Yorcia with RDM SAM GEO.

We bringed THF into delve before it was pimped out too, as well as bringed a DD RDM (Shoutout to Dj for keeping up on parse and surpassing one of the SAMs lol)
[+]
By Acacia 2015-01-07 10:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/35040/the-6th-ministrys-secret-a-summoners-guide/26/#2778469

See the awesome power of SMN! (with the right buffs)
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-01-07 10:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »
Cool to be posting different party combos than the norm, keeps the fun and variety ingame. The geo and 3xsch vid doing bird delve was nice to see too. I'd like to see more.

While I agree I've seen this done in one other vid somewhere. A lot of people haven't. Which is why he's called it unusual. And bringing the fact that other setups work, to the wider player base can only be good for everyone right?

Yes and no our Wopket was a lot easier and a lot quicker than the ls's Tojil runs but do they still do only Tojil? Yes they do. Do they only take 2 MNKs and a SAM as a DD? Yes they do. Does it puds me off? Yes it does. This thread as epic as it may be is not going to get people to take anything other than the cookie cutter set up.
By Nazrious 2015-01-07 10:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »

Yes and no our Wopket was a lot easier and a lot quicker than the ls's Tojil runs but do they still do only Tojil? Yes they do. Do they only take 2 MNKs and a SAM as a DD? Yes they do. Does it puds me off? Yes it does. This thread as epic as it may be is not going to get people to take anything other than the cookie cutter set up.

Well with WS update Blu can close/ surpass (some SAM) good geo cor brd whm and u can take pretty much any slashing and own wopket.

6x geo would be interesting to see.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-01-07 10:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Keme said: »
I saw Mischief way to do 1-5-B Marjami Ravine Delve, with 3SCH + GEO, and thought it can be fun to make a topic with unusual setups to break delve.

Basically it was my way, Misc was my mere tool :p

We had our fair share of fun, "Bring whatever" & goofy Delves.

- Tojil with 2x RNG and PLD a long while back
- Tojil with WAR WHM BRD SCH
- NoStunBee with 2x RNG MNK because I brought /WHM sub on accident
- Shouting for "No SAM allowed" to poke some fun at the SAM only shouts
- Shouting for people in Eminence gear

At this point I am pretty convinced the only reason noone has cleared a Delve with an all melee WHM party yet is that there are like a max of 5 WHMs left in FFXI.
[+]
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2015-01-07 11:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Need to tojil with Tups SCH, Laev BLM, Nirv SMN as melees, Carn BRD, Yag WHM, and Idris GEO as support, and just all melee. But i'll never see them all online at the same time.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-01-07 13:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend of mine is trying to convince me I might like WHM if I can DD with it....

...yeah, still probably not.

White Mage Challenge sounds sorta fun, though.
By Nazrious 2015-01-07 13:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
A friend of mine is trying to convince me I might like WHM if I can DD with it....

Stop with the distractions, Tizona chop chop! Get to work!
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2015-01-07 14:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice videos. Thabks for sharing. But wouldn't you take damage if after you've beaten the mob and it lands on you? Just food for thought. :D
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-01-07 14:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »

I am not making Tizona! :D
By Nazrious 2015-01-07 16:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Unacceptable, fine you will be regulated to Blu/sch main heal in the x6 blu runs!

Can geo be subbed effectively?
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-01-07 16:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Not at all. All three major buff jobs are terribly gimped when subbed. They all suffer from no availability of +potency gear, whether that's skill, +songs/rolls/geomancy, having the potency of a lvl 49 character, and losing access to all additional buffs. Brd one song because of no instrument, Geo only Indi spells because no bell for Geo spells, and Cor one roll cause reasons.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-01-07 16:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiv said: »
Need to tojil with Tups SCH, Laev BLM, Nirv SMN as melees, Carn BRD, Yag WHM, and Idris GEO as support, and just all melee. But i'll never see them all online at the same time.
You know we can totally get 5/6 of that with people around Fivington
By Chyula 2015-01-07 18:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more impressed he/she not using any macro. prove to all the epeen you don't need to carry billion of set to play the game.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-01-07 18:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Unacceptable, fine you will be regulated to Blu/sch main heal in the x6 blu runs!

Screw that, I'll BLU/WAR and whip all your ***.

....ohgoddn'tmakemenukemyblufailsatnuke

Off topic, I'm gonna make Murgleis.

That would make the RDM Challenge absolutely <3.
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2015-01-07 19:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »
Asura.Fiv said: »
You know we can totally get 5/6 of that with people around Fivington
We would be missing just the BLM huh, i know one but he wont log in. :(
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-01-07 21:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »

Basically it was my way, Misc was my mere tool :p

The ego is strong with this one. just need to make sure everyone gets it straight that it was your idea.
 Phoenix.Keme
Server: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Keme 2015-01-08 08:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah lol sorry Tychefm.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-01-08 09:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »
The ego is strong with this one. just need to make sure everyone gets it straight that it was your idea.

Yeah lol sorry Tychefm.

All fun and games. Being the 2 non JP Tups SCHs on Bahamut always got to have a friendly rivalery going.

... or a mage help group when our DD LS mates do stupid stuff once again.
First Page 2