First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 80 81 82
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-27 07:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
I have been wondering. I have seen dnc on fastcast gear, does fastcast work on waltzes.
[+]
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2015-03-27 20:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Was playing around with my sets and realized we can cap delay without marches or haste. 70% dual wield and 26% haste is enough to cap our delay with 5/5 haste samba.

ItemSet 334130
All taeon are augmented with triple attack. Meculele Casaque +1 allows you to use suppa + brutal. Toetapper is 5% dual wield. Can probably work a windbuffet belt +1 in there, I didn't bother min-maxing yet.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-03-27 21:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brixy said: »
Was playing around with my sets and realized we can cap delay without marches or haste. 70% dual wield and 26% haste is enough to cap our delay with 5/5 haste samba.

ItemSet 334130
All taeon are augmented with triple attack. Meculele Casaque +1 allows you to use suppa + brutal. Toetapper is 5% dual wield. Can probably work a windbuffet belt +1 in there, I didn't bother min-maxing yet.

I was literally just coming to the forum to post my delay capped set. Damn you.

But anyways, that's pretty neato.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-03-28 00:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it be safe to assume that the rAF3 hands are now the absolute best for closing SCs, particularly if using Rudra's?
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-03-28 02:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Would it be safe to assume that the rAF3 hands are now the absolute best for closing SCs, particularly if using Rudra's?

I don't have a Terpsichore (yet), but after doing a lot of unscientific testing, including some Vagary earlier, it looks like the best possible damage you can do on DNC is Evisceration -> Pyrrhic Kleos -> Rudra's Storm, repeat as long as something will live through it.

Even without a Terpsichore I'm doing more damage with Pyrrhic Kleos than I am Rudra's Storm, unless I'm doing stuff like 2-3ktp Climactic+Building Rudra's. So if I'm not having to fight with someone else to get skillchains off, it's much better to just do self double darknesses. If I'm partied with SAMs, I'll tend to do that anyway. Either the SAM has a brain and tries to chain with me (which is always fun), or they continue to spam Fudo, either way, it makes a Darkness that I can try to Rudra's off of.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Server: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-03-28 06:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes.

Post-update, unstacked Rudra's Storm has been so lacklustre for me, I'm not even trying hard to create multi-step Darkness anymore. Pulling some numbers out of thin air:

7k Evisceration + 10k Pyrrhic Kleos + 12.3k Darkness = 29.3k in 2 WSs ("14.65k per WS")
7k Evisceration + 10k Pyrrhic Kleos + 12.3k Darkness + 6k Rudra's + 11k Darkness = 46.3k in 3 WSs ("15.1k per WS")

Not that much more of a benefit most of the time. The good part about this sequence is that whenever you get a Fotia proc, you can just drop a big Rudra's instead of the next WS, because Evisceration > Pyrrhic Kleos > Rudra's Storm creates the same Skillchains as Evisceration > Rudra's Storm > Rudra's Storm. But then, I don't know (or I'm too lazy to find out) if just starting over 2-stepping wouldn't be better.

For non-Derpsichore users, Pyrrhic Kleos will be significantly weaker, so 3-stepping should be the clear winner here.

(I'm not saying 3-stepping self-Darkness is bad; I'm just saying that I am not trying too hard to make it work anymore. Maybe things will change with i119 Bangles for me...)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-28 07:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I checked Striking Flourish with the 109 body and it still doesn't consider your base crit rate when pairing it with WS (but does when just using it for melee).

Using it when moving between monsters might be the way to go in some situations. 100% CHR mod and a ~70% crit rate and a double attack.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-03-28 07:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I checked Striking Flourish with the 109 body and it still doesn't consider your base crit rate when pairing it with WS (but does when just using it for melee)

As in you "should" have 55% (Maculele) plus whatever your base crit rate is for e. g. Rudra's Storm? Given that your base crit rate is 0% for most WSs, isn't everything working as intended? Or are you referring to Evisceration?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-28 07:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's obviously working as they intended, but I held out hope that it would be more useful than that!
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-03-28 09:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I was under the impression that WSes that did not say "Chance of Critical Hit varies with TP" could not Crit unless forced to by SA, TA, or Climactic Flourish. So shouldn't Striking Flourish not do anything to those?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-28 09:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it works with them and you get these critical hit rates:
Charis Casaque +1 - 25%
Charis Casaque +2 - 50%
Maculele Casaque - 55%
Maculele Casaque +1 - 60%

It gives them a static critical hit rate (like Blade: Rin) rather than one that's added to your base/gear critical hit rate (like Evisceration), though. That is what I was re-testing this morning.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-03-28 11:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skudo said: »

Yes.

Post-update, unstacked Rudra's Storm has been so lacklustre for me, I'm not even trying hard to create multi-step Darkness anymore. Pulling some numbers out of thin air:

7k Evisceration + 10k Pyrrhic Kleos + 12.3k Darkness = 29.3k in 2 WSs ("14.65k per WS")
7k Evisceration + 10k Pyrrhic Kleos + 12.3k Darkness + 6k Rudra's + 11k Darkness = 46.3k in 3 WSs ("15.1k per WS")

Not that much more of a benefit most of the time. The good part about this sequence is that whenever you get a Fotia proc, you can just drop a big Rudra's instead of the next WS, because Evisceration > Pyrrhic Kleos > Rudra's Storm creates the same Skillchains as Evisceration > Rudra's Storm > Rudra's Storm. But then, I don't know (or I'm too lazy to find out) if just starting over 2-stepping wouldn't be better.

For non-Derpsichore users, Pyrrhic Kleos will be significantly weaker, so 3-stepping should be the clear winner here.

(I'm not saying 3-stepping self-Darkness is bad; I'm just saying that I am not trying too hard to make it work anymore. Maybe things will change with i119 Bangles for me...)

I'm finding that Pyrrhic Kleos is currently my hardest-hitting WS. Spamming it at 1k TP, while not always ideal, is significantly more damage for me than 1k, or, frequently, 2k Rudra's Storm, presumably depending on how many hits land, and how many Double/Triple attacks go off, but I did a little bit of testing after the update, and I was getting almost exactly 7000 +/- 1000 damage with Pyrrhic Kleos, while I was getting something like 5500 +/- 900, I think it was, on Rudra's Storm. This was on the Butterflies in Yahse at first, but I later tested it on Colonization Reives (for what those are worth), and some of the Opo-opos in Yorcia, and got similar numbers in terms of ratios. I haven't numbers to make a definite statement, but on mobs in Vagary, I was noticing similar numbers. Stuff like 3-4k Eviscerations, 6-8k Kleos causing 10-12k Darkness, to 5-8kish Rudra's (depending on if I could get Evisceration->Tachi: Fudo->Rudra's Storm to happen and on Climactic being ready, how much TP I held, etc) causing 11-20k damage or so.

Now, that was with Riverfin Soup (until I died, and then Sole Sushi +1, so a major loss of attack), and without Moonshade Earring, so no TP Bonus +250 on my Rudra's, so they are considerably more gimp than y'all's will probably be, although I have an okay Rudra's set, and I don't think my Kleos set is significantly better.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-03-28 11:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm also not understanding how you're getting 11k off the 2nd Darkness from Rudra's Storm, unless you're just going off DNC's base bonus.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-03-28 12:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I'm well aware that Pyrrhic Kleos should be the strongest WS for non-Derps, too. I just wanted to clarify that the gap is not as wide as I had put it up there.

Multi-stepping Skillchains increases a multiplier used for calculating Skillchain damage. Essentially:

2-stepping Darkness: 1.0
3-stepping Darkness: 1.5
4-stepping Darkness: 1.75
5-stepping Darkness: 2.0

So what happened in my 3-step Darkness calculation up there:

7k Evisceration
+ 10k Pyrrhic Kleos
+ 10k * 1.0 (multiplier) * 1.23 (Skillchain Bonus job trait) Darkness
+ 6k Rudra's Storm
+ 6k * 1.5 * 1.23 Darkness

If I have misunderstood you and you were pointing out that numbers were too low: I neglected the iLevel multiplier, which means that most likely I am underestimating 3-stepping.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-03-28 12:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skudo said: »
Oh, I'm well aware that Pyrrhic Kleos should be the strongest WS for non-Derps, too. I just wanted to clarify that the gap is not as wide as I had put it up there.

Multi-stepping Skillchains increases a multiplier used for calculating Skillchain damage. Essentially:

2-stepping Darkness: 1.0
3-stepping Darkness: 1.5
4-stepping Darkness: 1.75
5-stepping Darkness: 2.0

So what happened in my 3-step Darkness calculation up there:

7k Evisceration
+ 10k Pyrrhic Kleos
+ 10k * 1.0 (multiplier) * 1.23 (Skillchain Bonus job trait) Darkness
+ 6k Rudra's Storm
+ 6k * 1.5 * 1.23 Darkness

If I have misunderstood you and you were pointing out that numbers were too low: I neglected the iLevel multiplier, which means that most likely I am underestimating 3-stepping.

No, I was just confused. I assumed you were wearing Maxixi +1 pants during WSes, so the base skillchain bonus from the job trait threw me off.

[edit] I'm standing at 1.23 + .12 + .10 + .2 right now, so my skillchains are noticeably significantly stronger than they were last week.

On the subject, does anyone know if there is an upper limit on how high the multiplier will go? Other than being unable do more than double Light/Darkness, could I do 33 part double darkness (with help for Fusion) and get 9x damage from just the skillchain multiplier alone?

I know I can do stupid long skillchains as SAM, but I've never actually watched to see the damage, generally been preoccupied with other things, like keeping the chain going.
 Valefor.Madranta
Server: Valefor
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2015-03-29 23:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like .DAT mining has been fixed. On BG's update items list, this jumped out at me as probably the new best main hand dagger sans Derpi:
Odium
DMG:113 Delay:208 STR+13 DEX+13 VIT+13 AGI+13 INT+13 MND+13 CHR+13 Accuracy+13 Attack+13 Evasion+13 Dagger skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 Magic Evasion+13 Resistance against "Death"+13 Additional effect: "Death"
Jobs: Warrior / Red Mage / Thief / Beastmaster / Bard / Ranger / Ninja / Corsair / Dancer

Something is telling me it isn't easy to acquire though.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-29 23:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It almost certainly comes from the Tier 4 or Tier 5 Vagary boss. Might be the best offhand for Derpsi users too in some situations.

As far as skillchain multipliers, the available tables all end after something like 6 WSs. Rumor has it that the available skillchain window starts at 3 seconds, closes 7 seconds later, and decreases in duration by 1 second for each additional WS. So you start at 3-10 seconds and then have 3-9, 3-8, 3-7, 3-6, 3-5, 3-4, and then you can't go any further. Thus it might be possible to make 7 skillchains before running out of time but we only have information on the first 5 stages.
By Andromida 2015-04-03 22:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odium comes from T5 Vagary, I just got one.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-04-03 22:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I completed the +1 Empyrean set. I can test it tomorrow for proc rate.

Update: Set enhancement is unchanged.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-04-05 19:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing all the "13" there, I wouldn't be surprised if the proc rate of Odium were 1/130 (0.0077).

6/907 after some short testing on level 100 mobs. 95% confidence interval for that is [0.0024, 0.0143], so not really meaningful at all. Maybe tomorrow, when I feel like auto-attacking things at work...
By Mooserocka 2015-04-06 13:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the set bonus for dnc Empy gear. Does it vary with how many pieces or u need the whole set? What does the set bonus do?
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-04-06 13:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Occasionally deals double damage with a Samba up. Proc rates are assumed to be:

2 pieces: 1%
3 pieces: 2%
4 pieces: 3%
5 pieces: 5%

So you don't have to wear 5/5 for the set bonus to proc.
 Fenrir.Shinun
Server: Fenrir
user: Shinun
By Fenrir.Shinun 2015-04-13 13:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

For someone with no Seekers. Is this an ok all in one starting set to solo alot of Abyssea and earlier content. Salvage/Dynamis/Nyzul/Assault/Abyssea/Sea/Sky, mostly

Daggers would be swapped but I don't know how to put eminent on main with item sets. (Epona's atm out of reach, until I can get it)

ItemSet 170343
 Phoenix.Lujei
Server: Phoenix
user: Lujei
By Phoenix.Lujei 2015-04-14 08:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Shinun said: »
For someone with no Seekers. Is this an ok all in one starting set to solo alot of Abyssea and earlier content. Salvage/Dynamis/Nyzul/Assault/Abyssea/Sea/Sky, mostly

Try to upgrade your Relic (Horos) body and feet if you have the gil for it, especially the feet. They're amazing.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-04-15 09:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Nanti Knife is gonna be better than Centovente.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-04-15 10:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Buy an aluh jambiya and an oneiros ring.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-04-15 10:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I don't think you need adoulin for sparks gear so grab an eminent dagger if you can.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-04-27 04:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody mathed out Odium for DNC?
I only tested it for ddBRD and it kinda sucks compared to all the other options BRD has.
Given how DNC has less options though I was wondering the following.

Ruling RME out.
Ruling Ipetam out as well for the moment.
Would Odium MH Izhikoh OH be a decent setup for situations where you cannot use Atoyac?
Or would Izhikoh/Sabebus still prove better?

Wonder if anybody tested this already, I'm lazy and don't wanna check myself ;_;
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-27 20:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody mathed out Odium for DNC?
I only tested it for ddBRD and it kinda sucks compared to all the other options BRD has.
Given how DNC has less options though I was wondering the following.

Ruling RME out.
Ruling Ipetam out as well for the moment.
Would Odium MH Izhikoh OH be a decent setup for situations where you cannot use Atoyac?
Or would Izhikoh/Sabebus still prove better?

Wonder if anybody tested this already, I'm lazy and don't wanna check myself ;_;

In what situation can you not use Atoyac?

To clarify, I can hit around 1050 accuracy with atoyac, and I don't have any extremely fancy gear.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 80 81 82