New Items
2017-10-15
300 users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40
By BlaTheTaru 2017-09-30 21:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the best path for lustratio +1 head/legs/feet?
 Bismarck.Issymo
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: issymo
By Bismarck.Issymo 2017-10-01 04:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I just use the +1 legs and have B path.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-10-01 05:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

BlaTheTaru said: »
What is the best path for lustratio +1 head/legs/feet?

Head: Path A
Legs: Path B
Feet: Path D
By BlaTheTaru 2017-10-01 12:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Kat!
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-10-01 13:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You're welcome :)
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-10-01 13:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Would those same paths on the NQ versions be acceptable?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-09 09:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anybody discussed in detail Meghanada+2 vs AF+3 hands for Rudra's Storm?

AF+3 has 3% more WSD which is pretty huge for Rudra.
But it has less attack and -5 DEX.

I think it's pretty obvious that AF+3 are the clear winner here, I was more questioning if it's worth ~7,1m gil over Meghanada+2 (which are free) for someone who rarely plays DNC as a secondary job.
Opinions?
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-10-09 09:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Has anybody discussed in detail Meghanada+2 vs AF+3 hands for Rudra's Storm?

AF+3 has 3% more WSD which is pretty huge for Rudra.
But it has less attack and -5 DEX.

I think it's pretty obvious that AF+3 are the clear winner here, I was more questioning if it's worth ~7,1m gil over Meghanada+2 (which are free) for someone who rarely plays DNC as a secondary job.
Opinions?

I personally use the AF+3 hands. I've been pretty pleased with the results to be honest, but ultimately each player may have to do their own testing based on their overall build for that WS.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-10-09 09:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

They are pretty close- if you don't play it too often, I wouldn't feel bad about using Megh+2
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2017-10-12 04:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Dancer community!

Been thinking about making another wep for dancer recently and would like some advice/opinions.

Currently I use aeonic and perfect sari.

Is the extra effort and exclusiveness (I play thf sometimes, but not as much as dnc) of Terps worth it over twashtar considering what I already have available?
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-10-12 05:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

They are both great weapons, its also great that you're investing more into DNC and good luck with everything.

Each got its pros and cons yet the cons are easily overshadowed by its outcomes (solo or in groups).

Some might argue the obtainability/cost of Twashtar and if its worth the hassle but its defiantly a wonderful weapon for DNC (Main/offhand) and you can also use it on THF.

Terp however provides great versatility in play style and makes steps/TP generation so much easier not to mention its boost to Kleos~

Performance wise they are both outstanding and should be strived for yet personally I find Twashtar better for my play style than Terp and I ended up making this one first and working on Terp as we speak.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-10-12 05:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated Violent Flourish and Evisceration Sets on BG Guide.
Any Feedback/suggestions are highly appreciated.

DNC Guide...
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2017-10-13 03:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
They are both great weapons, its also great that you're investing more into DNC and good luck with everything.

Each got its pros and cons yet the cons are easily overshadowed by its outcomes (solo or in groups).

Some might argue the obtainability/cost of Twashtar and if its worth the hassle but its defiantly a wonderful weapon for DNC (Main/offhand) and you can also use it on THF.

Terp however provides great versatility in play style and makes steps/TP generation so much easier not to mention its boost to Kleos~

Performance wise they are both outstanding and should be strived for yet personally I find Twashtar better for my play style than Terp and I ended up making this one first and working on Terp as we speak.

Thanks for the response. When you say play style on twashstar, do you mean more tp holding? I read Byrth's calculations a few pages back and it seems for dmg terps's lead quickly diminishes when you wait to use PK. Using Aoenic at the moment I find the play style leans towards tp holding also. With its main boost being big rudras whether you use at 1500 or 2300 doesn't really change dps. I guess I want a wep that will be a noticeably difference compared to my current aoenic/perfect sari combo
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-13 03:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I think for pure damage Aeonic is more flexible, or rather it performs sorta always the same regardless of the situation, of the TP, of the lenght of the fight, it's quite solid and reliable.

Terps relies on different factors, you have the use of PK, mantaining AM3 (which is immensely easier on DNC than it is on other jobs), it favors /SAM in most situations.
These days AM3 is greatly devaluated by the huge amount of multiattack gear we get.

I dunno, if all you want is damage I think you'll be happier with Aeonic/Sari or Aeonic/Twash combinations.
The beauty of Terpsichore imo isn't just in the pure damage output but in the versatility it gives you to play your job with all those additional steps you get.
It suits you very well if you wanna play in roles that differ from pure DPS. Say you're in some strange setup and wanna give some additional focus on your support (healing/debuff) abilities.
In such situations I see Terps as the perfect weapon by far.
It really suits this playstyle and it adds an additional layer of depth to the job.

But really, if all you care for is pure DPS output, you'll probably be more satisfied with Aeneas MH.
Just my personal view on things of course!
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-10-13 03:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Totally agree here with Sechs on Aeonic being an excellent choice in almost all situations.but I think as an Offhand Twashtar would be perfect for it more than Terp.[although I can see the gap between Terp offhand and Twashtar diminishing in future updates/gear when 50DEX becomes less importnant in the grander scheme of things and by that time the hassle of getting Twashtar will play as a factor compared to Terp]

When I mentioned my play style its because I do tend to hold a bit more on TP for 1.critical situations and 2.my sets focus more on Multi-Hit / Rudra Spam than anything else with the major factor being 3.skill chain order with team mates.
Personally I believe thats where the true strength of Dancer comes from.

I like to add more benefit to my group since we are only 6-7 on End Game content, and we are really strict on ws order to maximize damage.
With Twashtar my white damage while holding on TP [Usually 1500-1750] factors to the outcomes eventually and even pushes ahead when skill chains are present.

"Here you can see why Aeonic can really shine if you end up closing Umbra on AM3 but hey, Dancers usually cap 99k sc on double Dark anyway and thats why Aeonic argument for DNC became questionable in the beginning when it first came out."
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2017-10-16 06:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I think for pure damage Aeonic is more flexible, or rather it performs sorta always the same regardless of the situation, of the TP, of the lenght of the fight, it's quite solid and reliable.

Terps relies on different factors, you have the use of PK, mantaining AM3 (which is immensely easier on DNC than it is on other jobs), it favors /SAM in most situations.
These days AM3 is greatly devaluated by the huge amount of multiattack gear we get.

I dunno, if all you want is damage I think you'll be happier with Aeonic/Terps or Aeonic/Twash combinations.
The beauty of Terpsichore imo isn't just in the pure damage output but in the versatility it gives you to play your job with all those additional steps you get.
It suits you very well if you wanna play in roles that differ from pure DPS. Say you're in some strange setup and wanna give some additional focus on your support (healing/debuff) abilities.
In such situations I see Terps as the perfect weapon by far.
It really suits this playstyle and it adds an additional layer of depth to the job.

But really, if all you care for is pure DPS output, you'll probably be more satisfied with Aeneas MH.
Just my personal view on things of course!

Thanks Sechs. I always prefer weapons that add a new element to your play style or utility (whilst maintaining respectable dmg) > pure dps. I am the kind of player that will try main healing on dnc for fun. Based on this, I think you're saying terps is what I would get more out of.

I guess Twashstar kind of has the same play style as Aeneas in that you can get away with holding tp, with twash being more favourable as you can wait to 2750 without really hurting dmg.
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40